RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd0029

Created basic colony wealth counter and colony recent damage record.
Created statistics overview page

Be still, my beating heart. Oh beautiful day. There needs to be a hooray smiley!

Dr. Z

QuoteSome pawns will panic and flee individually if badly injured (not colonists, yet)

This is something I waited for  :D

But there is one open question: Will the carpets be made from metal, or from wood?
Prasie the Squirrel!

Tynan

Lol, they're still metal for now.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Dr. Z

You could call them viking carpets (or insert some other tuff folks if the people in RimWorld already forgot about vikings) because they're so tuff that even their carpets are made from metal.

I'm also glad that you added stuff from the mods section in the vanilla game, I prefer it if it's in the real game.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Tynan

Quote from: Dr. Z on May 12, 2014, 02:09:46 PM
You could call them viking carpets (or insert some other tuff folks if the people in RimWorld already forgot about vikings) because they're so tuff that even their carpets are made from metal.

I'm also glad that you added stuff from the mods section in the vanilla game, I prefer it if it's in the real game.

I actually didn't use any mod content; I reimplemented similar concepts from scratch. I have the advantage of being able to rebalance the whole game around any new additions too :D
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Dr. Z

I didn't mean that you use mods, but ideas from them, such as wood economy or slag refining. Atm there just available as mods bur according to the changelog they're in the game with Alpha 4, that's what I wanted to say.

(That's my 100th post. Wuhu  :) )
Prasie the Squirrel!

Ruin

Quote from: Tynan on May 12, 2014, 02:10:48 PM
... I have the advantage of being able to rebalance the whole game around any new additions too :D

This is why I am so excited to see the great ideas from the mod community make it into the game.  Some of these great ideas really need more than just implementation to fit in with the rest of the game.

Col_Jessep

I love reading the changelog. So much good stuff I can look forward to and the next patch seems to be extra juicy! Mechanoids, wood stuff, new animals, more weapons, better performance and so much more. Why can't I just sleep through the next two or three weeks and wake up for the patch? =3

Planetary Annihilation Imminent

Dr. Z

QuoteI am on vacation until May 28.

-Ty

So you ARE a human being...well that's different.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Neone

I'm sure he is in real going to some robot factory for maintenance.

You know, replace used parts, install newest software and technical innovations (like 20 finger hands :P ).

All for better and faster coding of RimWorld :D

Coenmcj

Who needs 20 finger hands when you can hook directly into the system, Cylon style. ;)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Neone

Dunno, I'm  not a hitec guru :P

a89a89

Does anyone know when he's coming back?

Dr. Z

Quote from: a89a89 on May 14, 2014, 04:29:50 PM
Does anyone know when he's coming back?

QuoteI am on vacation until May 28.

-Ty

The white ones are the letters  ;)
Prasie the Squirrel!