RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSS

Quote from: Ptolisgoodguy on September 02, 2014, 08:25:22 PM
@garen: most likely. it might also give way to robbers or thieves, which in turn could lead to a stealth system (I don't even know why I'm saying this considering that it will most likely never happen)

but still, what is plasteel?

any ideas?

I was wondering this also. It seems to be a portmanteau of "plastic" and "steel", so I'm guessing it was a cheap, strong building material that the before-people used. It would probably be moldable at high temperatures, too... It's also possible that it was originally an organic material (coming from plants/animals, much like actual plastic or ivory), which I would find very interesting if it's true.

putsam

Quote from: Shinzy on August 30, 2014, 04:29:54 AM
Quote from: Untrustedlife on August 29, 2014, 08:24:56 PM
So will I be able to make clothing out of megascareb chitin now?

It'd be silly if you couldn't! Muffalo skin shirt, deer skin vests and iguana skin stetson are already things as far as I've understood! Megascarab chitin belt, rattlesnake boots and gun holster made out of finest monkey tail is all you need to
have the most legendary gunslinger ever

Don't forget those "pimpin' muffalo dusters"

Raufgar

Quote from: SSS on September 02, 2014, 09:23:19 PM
@garen: most likely. it might also give way to robbers or thieves, which in turn could lead to a stealth system (I don't even know why I'm saying this considering that it will most likely never happen)

any ideas?

I was wondering this also. It seems to be a portmanteau of "plastic" and "steel", so I'm guessing it was a cheap, strong building material that the before-people used. It would probably be moldable at high temperatures, too... It's also possible that it was originally an organic material (coming from plants/animals, much like actual plastic or ivory), which I would find very interesting if it's true.

Google is your friend. So is Wikipedia.
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

Coenmcj

Quote from: Change Log
Added gold and gold ore.

Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Ptolisgoodguy

So the most likely answer is that plasteel is the one similar to the one from dune.

does that mean giant worms as well.

I hear the voices... They are telling me to do terrible things... Sounds Fun!

milon

I'm excited for both ore and metals being mentioned. This is going to be fun!

SSS

Quote from: Raufgar on September 03, 2014, 03:43:11 AM
Quote from: SSS on September 02, 2014, 09:23:19 PM

any ideas?

Google is your friend. So is Wikipedia.

Right. Of course! It's obvious that that's what I meant. ;p

... x.x

Ptolisgoodguy

the Wikipedia link says dune had plasteel and I can see a resemblance between dune and rimworld.

what you said made sense but the dune link just clicked in my mind.

btw read sep 3 section and other rock types mean that modders should be able to make new rock as well.

Matthiasagreen

I would say it most likely resembles the one from warhammer 40,000 because Tynan has said that is something he pulls inspiration from, though it isn't clear in wikipedia which "above" it is similar to.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

milon

Shinzy

Quick! dip the blankets in it and gift them to Comaro of the cave and Town-by-the-crag before they read the changelogs!

Xerberus86

Quote from: Shinzy on September 04, 2014, 04:45:22 PM
Quick! dip the blankets in it and gift them to Comaro of the cave and Town-by-the-crag before they read the changelogs!

LOL

i am also intersted in what he means with "float menu", any guess?

Ptolisgoodguy

maybe the menus can be moved

also diseases sound morbid and fun.

you should be able to harvest the bacteria and put it in certain meals so that the pesky villagers take the disease to there town.

Xerberus86

Quote from: Ptolisgoodguy on September 04, 2014, 06:37:57 PM
maybe the menus can be moved

also diseases sound morbid and fun.

you should be able to harvest the bacteria and put it in certain meals so that the pesky villagers take the disease to there town.

moving menues would be a short-time fix to be able to compare items with each other (the current info screen overlaps the other if you open up two), i don't like to play memory games.

ShootyFace

Quote from: milon on September 04, 2014, 04:18:56 PM
Diseases!!

More chaos! Maybe the introduction of diseases will in turn lessen the psychic events. They just feel ... cheap. I hope Tynan finds some interesting way to send our colonies into a mad, fiery descent that don't involve cheap tactics. Also +1 for float menus.
"Oh boy, I can finally have my colonists paint the outer wall with Raider blood and hang a sign by the main door that says: "Looking for Donations"
I'm sure that'll make the Raiders feel welcome. :3" ~TheXIIILightning