RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xerberus86

QuoteResource readout (screen top left) now has a mode where entries are listed in collapsible categories.

damn how did i overread this till now, someone was peeking in my suggestion thread :3.

thank you mr. dev :)

Edit: also, is this a hint towards enabling the jungle biome in the next version?

QuoteDiseases are now generated separately from other incidents, and are configured per-biome (e.g. lots of malaria in the jungle).

Coenmcj

Quote from: Xerberus86 on September 04, 2014, 07:15:17 PM
Edit: also, is this a hint towards enabling the jungle biome in the next version?

QuoteDiseases are now generated separately from other incidents, and are configured per-biome (e.g. lots of malaria in the jungle).
"Welcome to the jungle, We've got fun and games..."
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Coenmcj on September 04, 2014, 08:20:24 PM
Quote from: Xerberus86 on September 04, 2014, 07:15:17 PM

"Welcome to the jungle, We've got fun and games..."

Top prize: Malaria! :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

REMworlder

QuoteFixed melee weapon spawning balance.

Quotemelee weapon

Xerberus86

Quote from: REMworlder on September 05, 2014, 11:43:45 AM
QuoteFixed melee weapon spawning balance.

Quotemelee weapon

HOLY SH*T, it is COMING :D. ....upcoming next...NINJA-COLONY.....give me da samurais :D.

EscapeZeppelin

HOLY SH*T, it is COMING :D. ....upcoming next...NINJA-COLONY.....give me da samurais :D.

Soon my colony of psychically deaf monks will become warrior monks and will ride out with gleaming swords to smite the unbelievers.

Ykara

Alpha 7 is going to be so awesome.

Xerberus86

Quote from: EscapeZeppelin on September 05, 2014, 11:53:25 AM

Soon my colony of psychically deaf monks will become warrior monks and will ride out with gleaming swords to smite the unbelievers.

till now we have fought the tribals, NOW we can become tribals ourself!

OMG this opens up the floodgates for some awesome medieval mods, i might start learning how to mod rimworld myself x'D.

Edit: and i just noticed that this progres is just about half of the usual way to a new update, i smell a lengthy update video incoming :).

Edit2: i just saw that the storytellers got nerfed, for the long run it might be neat to have maybe 2 more higher difficulty settings. right now the game goes from 30% to 160. would be nice to have it go up to 190% and 220% for the hardcore lovers :).

Garen

multiple bugfixes within 2 days.... this can only mean one thing...

ITS HAPPENING!!!
(sounds like tynan and ison will need public testers yet again)

vagineer1

Quote from: Garen on September 05, 2014, 01:53:50 PM

ITS HAPPENING!!!

I sure hope so.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Xerberus86

Quote from: Garen on September 05, 2014, 01:53:50 PM

ITS HAPPENING!!!

are you saying what i think you're saying....alpha 7 soon? :3

Rahjital

Quote from: Changelog
Visitors and raiders carry their own food. Visitors will eat their own food before chowing down on the colony’s supplies.

Well, this is interesting. No more being eaten out by 'friends', no more being shot by them to death! (unless they decide to throw a party in your killbox, in which case you are screwed anyway :P )

Shinzy

Thar will be chaainsaw, garden hoe, katana and an axe ♫
♪ Baseball baaat, plastic rake, quitar and sharpened sax
pleease somebody send Tynan a very looooooooong faax ♪
♫ cuz the awesomeness of next alpha has been cranked up to the max!

Huzzaaah!
*does a jig on the table*
*tumbles down in very awkward manner and logs off the forums*

Xerberus86

Quote from: Shinzy on September 05, 2014, 03:54:33 PM
Thar will be chaainsaw, garden hoe, katana and an axe ♫
♪ Baseball baaat, plastic rake, quitar and sharpened sax
pleease somebody send Tynan a very looooooooong faax ♪
♫ cuz the awesomeness of next alpha has been cranked up to the max!

Huzzaaah!
*does a jig on the table*
*tumbles down in very awkward manner and logs off the forums*

nice one :)

i think with melee weapons the zombie-mod will need some adjustments, making some weapons elss effective and increase the value of bats......gotta love some good melee combat.

we nood some raider AI tweaks that are actually RAIDING and which steal more of our equipment than people, the ladder could be good for the cannibal factions :D. imagine some raiders stealing all your guns and only some baseball bats or screwdrivers are missing ....one or two days later mechanoids attack.....!FUN!.

Feniks

I am exited for rebalancing raid mechanics. Too often colony of 3 who happened to have a lot of buildings and weapons was raided by team of 8+ guys.