the7thlostboy

Shinzy

Quote from: the7thlostboy on December 10, 2014, 11:36:03 PM
it's out!! :D :D :D
And you're in!
The new cryptopod shrines are so sweet! already lost one game out of curiosity
what came out of the pods were really heartattackey god ;D so much fun

skullywag

Wait until youte happily pottering around your base then 7 of the buggers overrun you and murder everyone in seconds...no warning...got to love lightning.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Ink.

I couldn't help myself. I'm supposed to be working on finals and I wanted to play so bad so I did. Now I don't want to work again. =( Such a good update.

Dr. Z

The sound of cooking a meal made me hungry...good job.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Dr. Z

Maybe you said this somewhere, but is there a special reason for saying cryptosleep? Because the german translation says cryosleep.

Also:
QuoteAncient shrines are now sealed when generated and sometimes contain even more fun surprises when opened

Yeay...
Prasie the Squirrel!

Noobshock

I just want to say congratulations on A8, really nice update. Only meh aspect of it is how the cryosleep pod rooms spawn, seems a little... forced. There's something that doesn't work aesthetically. But besides that, big thumbs up.

bradley2stars

So after the update came out, I checked my email and couldn't find the message i thought i was going to receive. So I asked around and all it led to was the email. Is there any way I can get this update?! I was so excited for it.  :-\

Tynan

Quote from: bradley2stars on December 13, 2014, 08:05:38 PM
So after the update came out, I checked my email and couldn't find the message i thought i was going to receive. So I asked around and all it led to was the email. Is there any way I can get this update?! I was so excited for it.  :-\

Email me [email protected]
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Bizz Keryear

What really cool would be a change log that also show the version ...
So that I can see when what version it is ... if nothing is there then it just is in the code, but no new version out.
(after Alpha 8 I tried to download the "version" from Dec 14th...until I figured thatthere is none .. just the code was updated.)

Btw... updates any plans to get it to steam ... updating EA games with steam has become so easy... I have become real lazy

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Coenmcj

You should be getting an email each time a new release it out and seeing as how Rimworld is an Alpha it doesn't get those little 'updates' you see in the change log until it has been consolidated further down the line and tested for bugs.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Cimanyd

• Cut fertilizer pump (to provide a more meaningful long-term choice between soil farming and hydroponics).
Does "cut" mean removed from the game?

• Various bug fixes and adjustments.
This again... wait... it's different! There's a space between bug and fixes!!
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

stefanstr

Quote from: Cimanyd on December 16, 2014, 04:20:05 AM
  • Cut fertilizer pump (to provide a more meaningful long-term choice between soil farming and hydroponics).
Does "cut" mean removed from the game?

I don’t like this. I actually used the fertilizer pump to drain marshes mainly. Also, to build underground farms without hydroponics. If you remove it, please give us a new means of draining marshes...

glyph

Hm without fertilizer pump I can't restore an area that was once farmable. Can we get a "remove flooring" feature to restore tiles to their original (dirt, rock, whatever)?