RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRyder

Quote from: Coenmcj on February 27, 2015, 06:18:37 AM
Quote from: change Log, Feb 24
Hunters will now approach and execute downed animals at close range.
Curious as to whether this is similiar to prisoner executions where they walk over and instantly sever their connection to the matrix? Execute them as opposed to firing at them with an M-24 from a metre away.

I think it just means that they'll get close enough to negate the 'Prone' penalty to hit.

Dr. Z

Am I the only one who's thinking that the term of a month is getting a little bit insignificant when it's just a little over a week? I know a month is getting longer in real time through this, but it's getting a little weired in-game-wise.

I also like that drinking a beer gives a little mood buff, but this noly holds for a few RL seconds. What about a general mood buuf like "luxuries availible" if you have beer in your stock which your colonists can consume frequently.
Prasie the Squirrel!

onixbg

Quote from: Dr. Z on February 27, 2015, 04:12:57 PM
Am I the only one who's thinking that the term of a month is getting a little bit insignificant when it's just a little over a week? I know a month is getting longer in real time through this, but it's getting a little weired in-game-wise.

I also like that drinking a beer gives a little mood buff, but this noly holds for a few RL seconds. What about a general mood buuf like "luxuries availible" if you have beer in your stock which your colonists can consume frequently.

Yes the whole day/buff duration situation need to be rebalanced. Those are not buffs those are like acting like aura at the moment and once you are outside it's range it's gone for good. And speaking for buffs we need place to store new clothes and our guys to be able to equip new items if their items wear below a % that we can set.

lusername

Quote from: MarvinKosh on February 27, 2015, 09:37:10 AM
I think it just means that they'll get close enough to negate the 'Prone' penalty to hit.
I dunno, I find their accuracy is so laughably bad that they cannot hit a stationary turtle from a tile away, failing to even fire in the same direction at the target. It's actually faster to draft them and order them to kick the thing to death than it is to let them shoot it, as their accuracy is so awful that when hunting, I witnessed a hunter kill 3 separate animals, none of which were the target!

Jester_Crimson

Quote from: onixbg on February 28, 2015, 12:10:41 PM

And speaking for buffs we need place to store new clothes and our guys to be able to equip new items if their items wear below a % that we can set.

There is a couple mods that allow you to store items and one that has the search for new clothes of the same type when they reach a certain percent

Andy_Dandy

Quote from: lusername on March 02, 2015, 05:18:42 AM
Quote from: MarvinKosh on February 27, 2015, 09:37:10 AM
I dunno, I find their accuracy is so laughably bad that they cannot hit a stationary turtle from a tile away, failing to even fire in the same direction at the target. It's actually faster to draft them and order them to kick the thing to death than it is to let them shoot it, as their accuracy is so awful that when hunting, I witnessed a hunter kill 3 separate animals, none of which were the target!

I actually think it feels about right.

1) Hunting must be balanced versus farming, and needs to be a little less efficient.
2) What should be the difference of a Level 1 and 20 shooter if accuracy was generally increased so much?
3) The dangers of being out for a while when hunting is an important game factor.
4) Turtles should be hard to kill. After all they have Natural Shields they can hide in. ;) They are also quite small Creatures, hard to hit in bumpy terrain, you know. :)

userfredle

Thoughts about doctoring system change? I personally found feeding first to work better for 2 reasons, Its faster than healing first, and stops Mental breakdowns from flooding my base.

However i can obviously see the need to treat a colonist bleeding out near death before giving him food, but usually i would just manually select a doctor for such an important job.

Spare74

Adie123

Quote from: userfredle on March 02, 2015, 04:08:06 PM
Thoughts about doctoring system change? I personally found feeding first to work better for 2 reasons, Its faster than healing first, and stops Mental breakdowns from flooding my base.

Nah another colonist (Warden) can feed the patient, while the doctor treats them. Our/Your specified doctors should treat first, but tbh, why have this code change when you can priorities doctoring higher than wardening :s

Ykara

Yes, it looks like we're gonna be able to add more than one hediff! But it looks like it's gonna take a while for the medical mods to be ported over to alpha 10, there seem to be alot of changes to the hediffdefs.

RemingtonRyder

I think it makes sense to stop bleeding before feeding. In many cases the injured colonist can get up and feed themselves after treatment. Doctors should be able to get a break and feed themselves and sleep before the next lot of casualties come in.

Mihsan

QuoteTrees are no longer sowable. Traders carry wood.

Wow, that is huge.

I had some problems with wood economy... but ban trees sowing? I kind of liked my pine groves.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

Igabod

Quote from: Mihsan on March 04, 2015, 06:15:41 PM

Wow, that is huge.

I had some problems with wood economy... but ban trees sowing? I kind of liked my pine groves.

I'm hoping it's still going to be possible to make them sowable in a mod. If not that's going to cause some serious set-backs for my Xtra Plants mod.

Dive

Why trees are no more sowable? I used to decorate my colonies with them :(

RemingtonRyder

Quote from: Igabod on March 04, 2015, 07:32:14 PM
Quote from: Mihsan on March 04, 2015, 06:15:41 PM

Wow, that is huge.

I'm hoping it's still going to be possible to make them sowable in a mod. If not that's going to cause some serious set-backs for my Xtra Plants mod.

Yeah, I would assume so. It would simply be a case of re-adding the sowTag with Ground on its list. Well, unless Tynan's getting rid of that too.