RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boboid

• Optimized AI combat position search code.

Wonder if this will mean my melee killboxes have to be more complicated than airlocks :P
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

DorgoDorato

QuoteDoctors now automatically rescue downed colonists.

I foresee many a highly valued doctor being slain because he decided it'd be a good idea to run into the middle of a firefight between your soldiers and an onslaught of Mechanoids. I often leave a few non-combatants un-drafted to keep the colony running. I don't really want to have to micromanage my doctor's priorities to keep them alive every battle.

skullywag

What if i want the colonist to die for umm...reasons...
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Darth Fool

Your concerns could be addressed if the doctors auto-rescued colonists only if no other colonist was drafted.

Andy_Dandy

Why should we be concerned if cheasy gameplay becomes more difficult?

Darkhymn

Quote from: DorgoDorato on March 06, 2015, 12:05:16 PM

I foresee many a highly valued doctor being slain because he decided it'd be a good idea to run into the middle of a firefight between your soldiers and an onslaught of Mechanoids. I often leave a few non-combatants un-drafted to keep the colony running. I don't really want to have to micromanage my doctor's priorities to keep them alive every battle.

Yup. I think this is a very poor addition. Does anyone actually send their doctor to rescue colonists directly?  I usually just pick the nearest jogger or fast walker who isn't doing something more important. Now I'll have to draft any medical personnel before combat and whenever I see a downed colonist alert to keep them from getting killed or maimed by this... "feature?"

Maltavius

Can we get some combat AI and hauling AI fixes as well?

If there is a firefight, haulers shouldn't just walk right into the crossfire unless explicit ordered to by the player

RemingtonRyder

QuoteDoctors now automatically rescue downed colonists.[/qupte]

It'll be great, right up until one of your colonists, Janet Frasier, takes a staff blast from a Jaffa. ;)

Actually though this will be useful when patients fall out of bed because the power's out and they keep taking hypothermia damage because there's no campfire set up in the hospital yet. :)

PokestarFan

Quote from: Tynan on May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM
If you want to keep tabs on what I've been up to, you can follow the changelog.
Is the changelog a list of things you do with RimWorld every day you do so?
It sure looks like it
P.S. 54 pages? Wow there was a lot of work put into it!

[attachment deleted due to age]

PokestarFan

Quote from: Darkhymn on March 07, 2015, 03:13:02 AM
Quote from: DorgoDorato on March 06, 2015, 12:05:16 PM

Yup. I think this is a very poor addition. Does anyone actually send their doctor to rescue colonists directly?  I usually just pick the nearest jogger or fast walker who isn't doing something more important. Now I'll have to draft any medical personnel before combat and whenever I see a downed colonist alert to keep them from getting killed or maimed by this... "feature?"
Here's a hotfix:[Don't worry, this is a fake]
RimWorld Alpha 9f:
Changelog:
Gives you an option of having doctors get downed people
Bug Fixes

b0rsuk

Separated race intelligence levels (humanoid/tool user/animal) from mechanoid status in race definition to provide more flexibility for modders.

This bit implies animals aren't tool users. And I don't mean just monkeys and octopi, but also honey badgers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c36UNSoJenI

Boboid

Began work on automatic outfits management system: Outfit definitions, outfit selection overview interface, outfit management and editing dialog.

Hurrah! Looking forward to even a basic outfit/uniform system, anything that reduces the amount of forced clothing micromanagement is a sweet addition.

As to the concern about doc's picking up downed colonists - It's fairly safe to assume that this behavior only applies to un-drafted colonists and would be considered lower priority than treating wounds.

It's not as though your doctors are going to drop their weapons in the middle of the fight to go pick up Jimmy because he skinned his knee. Drafted colonists will stand in one place until they starve to death, they're not exactly prone to spontaneity :P

Other than how often do you really have undrafted colonists during any situation where your colonists could potentially be downed?
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

b0rsuk

I think he's worrying that an undrafted doctor will run across the map into crossfire, then go to eat a fine meal, then go to bed because the effort of hauling the patient tired him.

Doctors in real world have paramedics to bring them the injured. Rimworld players use other criteria, like choosing the closest and fastest pawn.

Haulers in Rimworld wear parkas, great temperature isolation and work speed penalty of -20% is not a concern. Doctors don't need that -20% penalty.

milon

I'm just going to point out that the change log doesn't say anything about drafted or not for downed colonists. Also, any incapped colonist is automatically undrafted.  I really don't think doctors will differentiate, and I think that will be a problem.

Shinzy

Are doctors are the new suicidal haulers!?
Will they too, get shot down and frustrate everyone?
Find out more in next alpha!

*intense background music with popo sirens*

Now to the weather! - next poster, on to you!