RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

[ollie-williams]its gonna RAIN![/ollie-williams]
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

PokestarFan

Quote from: Shinzy on March 08, 2015, 08:07:39 AM
Are doctors are the new suicidal haulers!?
Will they too, get shot down and frustrate everyone?
Find out more in next alpha!

*intense background music with popo sirens*

Now to the weather! - next poster, on to you!
There's the doctor...and the suicidal hauler
However, whenever prisoners go down, the doctor does not capture them unless I tell them to :)

lusername

I'm not really sure I'm comfortable with the idea of locking doors now being a thing that requires a colonist to do, since doors are already "locked" by default, as random raiders are not able to open doors, and the reason to "lock" a door is to specifically tell colonists DON'T GO THAT WAY with one click. By requiring a colonist to go that way, it essentially defeats the point.

Shouldn't this be considered a UI function rather than something which physically occurs, since the doors are always technically locked, as raiders cannot simply open them at will?

Darkhymn

Quote from: lusername on March 08, 2015, 11:55:52 PM
I'm not really sure I'm comfortable with the idea of locking doors now being a thing that requires a colonist to do, since doors are already "locked" by default, as random raiders are not able to open doors, and the reason to "lock" a door is to specifically tell colonists DON'T GO THAT WAY with one click. By requiring a colonist to go that way, it essentially defeats the point.

Shouldn't this be considered a UI function rather than something which physically occurs, since the doors are always technically locked, as raiders cannot simply open them at will?
I've seen it that way as well. You're not physically locking the door, so much as commanding your colonists to not pass through it without having to either micromanage them or draft them all when you need to focus elsewhere.

Shinzy

I wanan hear more about this clothing changement parmeter system thingamajig?
I'm excited! =P

Boboid

Quote from: Shinzy on March 10, 2015, 06:49:47 AM
I wanan hear more about this clothing changement parmeter system thingamajig?
I'm excited! =P

Heh if it all works out properly I might actually be able to use your Apparello mod without screaming in frustration because of all the clutter/micromanagement it causes :D

No more " GOD DAMNIT! My colonist hasn't been wearing socks for TWO YEARS" :P
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Panzer

you forgot sleeve-less dusters, buttondown shirts, parkas etc... can we please get some arm protection? ;D

EDIT: nevermind, heard it ll be there in alpha10, thank you very much ;D

Darkhymn

Hopefully the new joy system will be as interesting as I hope it will. I'd love to have a reason to give my colonists time to idle or focus more directly on their passions.

Novellum

Quote from: Darkhymn on March 16, 2015, 02:48:43 AM
Hopefully the new joy system will be as interesting as I hope it will. I'd love to have a reason to give my colonists time to idle or focus more directly on their passions.
It's now the fun system  ;D
Gives those idle colonists something to do in between crafting shirts and making walls.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Changelog
March 16
  • Reworked pawn reservation system to support multiple-pawn reservations, so two pawns can play chess together.

This feels like a larger change. Or at least it has a large wake behind it. Things can now be reserved by multiple pawns. Could this be the beginning of actually Large Bed sharing?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Coenmcj

Quote from: StorymasterQ on March 17, 2015, 02:45:38 AM
March 16
  • Reworked pawn reservation system to support multiple-pawn reservations, so two pawns can play chess together.

This feels like a larger change. Or at least it has a large wake behind it. Things can now be reserved by multiple pawns. Could this be the beginning of actually Large Bed sharing?
Or perhaps things like a game of tennis, or factory-like applications?
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

johiah

wait pawns playing chess?!?!?!?
"My best warden has no jaw"

Monkfish

Quote from: StorymasterQ on March 17, 2015, 02:45:38 AM
March 16

That'd be nice. Hopefully it'll also be the end of one colonist constructing 9/10ths of a wall and leaving the last 1/10th because another colonist somewhere in fuck nowhere has already reserved the wall and is ambling over to construct it. That'd also be nice.

Quote from: johiah on March 17, 2015, 11:12:35 AM
wait pawns playing chess?!?!?!?
Yes. It'd be part of a new Joy system Tynan is working on. See here for a topic asking for suggestions.
<insert witty signature here>

muffins

Fun was added to the game? I'm pretty sure it was in there anyway  :P

keylocke

i am seeing a lot of "fun" in the future.. i'm hoping someone could mod "sexy times" as a "fun" activity.. lol ;D

i'm also hoping someone could mod "simlish" -like language whenever colonists talk to each other or at least tynan could be able to provide the modders the option to do so.

fun times.