Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSS

Chocolate is indeed fun to eat.

I approve. ;D

Coenmcj

Quote from: keylocke on March 17, 2015, 06:27:12 PM
i'm hoping someone could mod "sexy times" as a "fun" activity.. lol ;D
Just you wait... Our dear Lord Fappington will fulfil that wish. ;)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Novellum

Basically just allowing the players to build a working game room. Nice.

userfredle

I would love to see my pawns joyriding around the moon bluffs in a quad when vehicles are added

keylocke

i just recently started A9, and i noticed the deterioration of items in stockpile left outdoors (which lowers the price.

can you trade items on indoor stockpiles? what about unroofed areas, do items deteriorate inside those areas too?

Novellum

Quote from: keylocke on March 18, 2015, 12:46:07 PM
i just recently started A9, and i noticed the deterioration of items in stockpile left outdoors (which lowers the price.

can you trade items on indoor stockpiles? what about unroofed areas, do items deteriorate inside those areas too?
You can build an indoor stockpile with a beacon, and then place a beacon outside. The traders will take the items from your export pile(inside beacon), and drop off the silver and items you buy in your import pile(outside beacon).

Igabod

Quote from: Novellum on March 18, 2015, 12:52:55 PM
Quote from: keylocke on March 18, 2015, 12:46:07 PM

You can build an indoor stockpile with a beacon, and then place a beacon outside. The traders will take the items from your export pile(inside beacon), and drop off the silver and items you buy in your import pile(outside beacon).

Really? That is something I haven't tried yet. I always just leave my trade stockpile outside. Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely be doing that on my next game.

Dr. Z

Added praying fun activity.

Now you went to far. Cannibalism and illegal organ harvesting was ok, but praying fun activity is not acceptable. RimWorld players: boycott the game!
Prasie the Squirrel!

stefanstr

Quote from: Dr. Z on March 18, 2015, 05:18:43 PM
Added praying fun activity.

Now you went to far. Cannibalism and illegal organ harvesting was ok, but praying fun activity is not acceptable. RimWorld players: boycott the game!

I hope you are joking.

Andy_Dandy

**Colonists will now sit in chairs to watch TV if possible.**

Cool. I hope for possibilities to craft better quality chairs for leisure from leather, increasing the pawns fun experience while wathing the telly. Hopefully expensive and time consuming. ;)

dd0029

I have and irrational need for mild scuffles after heated games of pool, chess and horseshoes and arguments over what to watch on TV.

Dr. Z

Who exactly is making the TV shows on the planet we're landing on?

What I actually wanted to post: Just saw a lets play where a guy ordered his people to hunt a heard of alpha beavers but didn't had a stockpile to allow corpses. In this case a pretty nice strategy because his colonists just took on the beavers which would've needed ages otherwise, but in general, I think there should be an alarm when you have active hunting jobs but no stockplie for corpses.
Prasie the Squirrel!

daft73

Quote from: Dr. Z on March 19, 2015, 03:18:11 PM....
What I actually wanted to post: Just saw a lets play where a guy ordered his people to hunt a heard of alpha beavers but didn't had a stockpile to allow corpses. In this case a pretty nice strategy because his colonists just took on the beavers which would've needed ages otherwise, but in general, I think there should be an alarm when you have active hunting jobs but no stockplie for corpses...
I have never felt that I was hunting sooo much that I would run out of room, especially if I have a butcher. If your not walk-ins make this easy to deal with, no rotting, so it is a simple as having room. Paying attention to the little things help in this game.

Game speed to can lead to issues, I generally run on speed 1, unless I'm waiting on something; ie digging. I realize we all play in our own ways, and that is fine, but some things are harder to manage at fast speed.

Also at worse stopping the hunting for a while can help with corpse overpop.

Dr. Z

I don't mean that you run out of space, but rather that you haven't made a stockpile allowing corpses in the first place. Never happened to me too, but I think it's worth mentioning because this could lead to many "Why the fuck you don't haul the corpses I have a stockpile (10 minutes rage later) oh i haven't allowed coorpses".
Prasie the Squirrel!

daft73

Quote from: Dr. Z on March 19, 2015, 04:21:56 PM
I don't mean that you run out of space, but rather that you haven't made a stockpile allowing corpses in the first place. Never happened to me too, but I think it's worth mentioning because this could lead to many "Why the fuck you don't haul the corpses I have a stockpile (10 minutes rage later) oh i haven't allowed coorpses".
Fair enough. This has been a problem with Rimworld, hauling/storage, since day one. You have a point for the newer player for sure, of which I'm not, I let my veterancy get ahead of me.

For me this could be a pop-up that is part of the tutorials, the instant you kill your first hunt, the pop-up would appear. Same as base defenses, food, and so on.