RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Fool

I assume that even with the timetables, pawns sufficiently lacking in certain needs will violate the timetable and go eat, play chess, or whatever fulfils their needs.

REMworlder

Quotehttp://puu.sh/gNmLf/830892c474.jpg

If one of the colors is sleep, I can't wait to have nocturnal colonies!

Boboid

Quote from: b0rsuk on March 24, 2015, 07:14:57 AM
Timetables can have balance consequences. For instance you'll be able to build four 5x5 rooms and make 12 colonists sleep in them. This assumes 8 hours of sleep.
Well you might be able to circumnavigate the Disturbed Sleep debuff if you really tweaked it perfectly with the right number of colonists per room but you'll still suffer the Shared Bedroom debuff.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

b0rsuk

Is it possible to have a colonist with Shared Bedroom penalty but no "disturbed sleep" ?

Coenmcj

It's a radius thing I think, they can be in the same room, but so long as no one moves about in an area around them they shouldn't receive the disturbed sleep debuff.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Tynan

FYI disturbed sleep was to prevent some goofy base design where each "private" room was connected only to other "private rooms", thus skipping the need for a hallway. It looked kind of gamey to have a base laid out like that; I don't want to penalize people for making proper-looking dedicated hallways.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Boboid

Lies! Perfect grids of bedrooms where everyone was forced to walk through that first guys bedroom made perfect sense! He was loving it in there! Having 1/3rd of the entire colony walk through your bedroom every night is a fantastic social experience :P
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

Dr. Z

So, IS "disturped sleep" a radius thing or does it trigger if someone walks around in the room no matter how far away?
Prasie the Squirrel!

Igabod

Quote from: Tynan on March 24, 2015, 07:38:10 PM
FYI disturbed sleep was to prevent some goofy base design where each "private" room was connected only to other "private rooms", thus skipping the need for a hallway. It looked kind of gamey to have a base laid out like that; I don't want to penalize people for making proper-looking dedicated hallways.

Through much of our history homes and castles were built without hallways. Rooms connected directly to other rooms in much the same way as you are describing. Hallways dividing rooms wasn't commonplace until the 16th or 17th century. So I don't think the design is goofy. It's just not modern.

fraz

I hope the new timetable system comes with mechanisms to encourage allowing your colonists to maintain natural sleep-wake cycles (e.g., by implementing penalties for nocturnal or highly fractured sleep schedules).

Evelyn

Quote from: Igabod on March 25, 2015, 10:50:39 AM
Through much of our history homes and castles were built without hallways. Rooms connected directly to other rooms in much the same way as you are describing. Hallways dividing rooms wasn't commonplace until the 16th or 17th century. So I don't think the design is goofy. It's just not modern.

He would not be Tynan if he did not go out of his way to penalize players for playing in a way he doesn't want them to play. That's how we got drop-pods, mortars, and cabin fever, and lost a fertilizer pump.

Shinzy

Quote from: Evelyn on March 25, 2015, 05:19:52 PM
Quote from: Igabod on March 25, 2015, 10:50:39 AM

He would not be Tynan if he did not go out of his way to penalize players for playing in a way he doesn't want them to play. That's how we got drop-pods, mortars, and cabin fever, and lost a fertilizer pump.

Just like when nan used to feed you carrots when all you wanted was candy!

Ayylemao

Quote from: Shinzy on March 25, 2015, 05:56:34 PMJust like when nan used to feed you carrots when all you wanted was candy!
Not really, I would compare it to your parents telling you what music you can listen to.

Evelyn

Quote from: Ayylemao on March 25, 2015, 06:05:25 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on March 25, 2015, 05:56:34 PMJust like when nan used to feed you carrots when all you wanted was candy!
Not really, I would compare it to your parents telling you what music you can listen to.

This, more or less, but if they broke your CDs whenever they found you listening to something they didn't like.

Tynan

Guy, I welcome constructive criticism, but content-free, unconstructive complaining is discouraged around here. Especially when you make it personal, and when it's off-topic.

If you have a suggestion or something you'd like to see changed, make your case in the suggestions forum. If it's a good case, I'll follow the suggestion.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog