RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REMworlder

ITT:

I'm excited about being able to sort by item conditions though!

Monkfish

Quote from: NinjaPirate on April 02, 2015, 06:41:01 AM
In a game with narcotics, addictions, prisoner management, arms and armour, and blood-spills aplenty, why give sex a fancy cover-up name?
This. In a game as violent and (often) unforgiving as Rimworld, it is absolute nonsense to censor "sex" because somebody think of the children, and pandering to the thin-skinned prudes who can't handle mentioning or talking about who and what we are only furthers the damaging effects not talking openly about things has on society.

<insert witty signature here>

REMworlder

I think the naming discussion was more of a joke than anything, but I do agree. I caught myself going thinking the naming element could be awkward if kids were playing it argument earlier, but since apparently every other colony is bursting with human skin and meat warehouses the game's already pretty well into R territory.

Tynan

Quote from: falcongrey on April 02, 2015, 05:16:32 PM
Quick question Tynan, though I've been holding off until the Steam release for a key... if I purchase 'now' instead of waiting do I not only have access to the release builds (like 9e) but also have access to the nightly builds like the changes in the change log show?

You don't want access to the daily builds, trust me. They're riddled with bugs, often unplayable, and your save compatibility will break every 2 or 3 days.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

NinjaPirate

Happy easter Tynan, hope you're taking some well deserved time off! The bugs ain't going nowhere :)

Dr. Z

Quote from: falcongrey on April 02, 2015, 05:16:32 PM
Quick question Tynan, though I've been holding off until the Steam release for a key... if I purchase 'now' instead of waiting do I not only have access to the release builds (like 9e) but also have access to the nightly builds like the changes in the change log show?

Only the private testers have acces to this builds I think. And they really have to work to find bugs and give feedback.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Tynan

Quote from: NinjaPirate on April 04, 2015, 03:41:20 AM
Happy easter Tynan, hope you're taking some well deserved time off! The bugs ain't going nowhere :)

Yes, I'm off for a bit due to a combination of Easter and some health concerns in someone connected (though not super closely) to me.

Jstank

Added Vents?!?!?!?!

Central Air and heating!!!!!! Horray!
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux

Tynan

Just vents, no central heating for now.

REMworlder

Shinzy

next up: vent crawling mechanoid spiderlings!

JimmyAgnt007

Quote from: Shinzy on April 04, 2015, 05:37:34 PM

I vote headcrabs.  Convert people to zombies.  then suddenly valve declares that Rimworld is actually half-life 3 and the mechanoids are the combine.

Shinzy

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on April 04, 2015, 05:45:51 PM
Quote from: Shinzy on April 04, 2015, 05:37:34 PM

I vote headcrabs.  Convert people to zombies.  then suddenly valve declares that Rimworld is actually half-life 3 and the mechanoids are the combine.
you.. you mean confirms, right? right?! *shakes*

RemingtonRyder

Quote from: Tynan on April 03, 2015, 10:52:02 PMYou don't want access to the daily builds, trust me. They're riddled with bugs, often unplayable, and your save compatibility will break every 2 or 3 days.

I don't mind so much the starting over due to savegame incompatibility, but the bugs tend to limit the playability. Which is okay, because they do get fixed, but most people would get sick of it and go back to the previous release.

Unless you're interested in testing, in which case you can put your hand up the next time Tynan calls for public testers.

antibodee

Is it rude to ask when an estimate of the next build will be?

Post edited, user has been warned.