RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelian

Quote from: milon on July 01, 2015, 12:47:14 PM
Quote from: Kelian on June 30, 2015, 02:01:58 AM
Making a zone to grow agave would be easy enough yes?

You can do it with a mod, but you can also do it without a mod.  You just need there to be agave growing on the map.  Cut EVERY growing thing within 10ish squares that's not agave and let it spread.

Back in my day, we used to survive on wild strawberries & agave alone, and we liked it! /oldman

I never thought of this hahah great! Thank you! And while I was simply referring to the plantable zones, this is quite ingenious.

Jimyoda

You can do it with a mod, but you can also do it without a mod.  You just need there to be agave growing on the map.  Cut EVERY growing thing within 10ish squares that's not agave and let it spread.

Back in my day, we used to survive on wild strawberries & agave alone, and we liked it! /oldman

I refrain from using the debug tool in normal gameplay or even suggesting it to others, but... I'll make an exception based on the scenario. Since wild agave may be far from your colony, you can use the debug tool to plant a few agave nearby, then let them spread naturally from there.

But we wary of using the debug tool. Giving in to using it can lead to...
the Dark Side.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

Kelian

Quote from: Jimyoda on July 01, 2015, 02:09:11 PM

I refrain from using the debug tool in normal gameplay or even suggesting it to others, but... I'll make an exception based on the scenario. Since wild agave may be far from your colony, you can use the debug tool to plant a few agave nearby, then let them spread naturally from there.

But we wary of using the debug tool. Giving it to using it can lead to...
the Dark Side.

I use it for weather and weapons mostly. I love it because it allows me to play my sandbox unabated by normal hang ups.

Matthiasagreen

Did Tynan run out of room on the document or is he splitting it up for a reason?
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

carlgraves

I was gonna ask the same thing.

RemingtonRyder

Welp, it was 620kB in size, that's as good a stopping place as any. :D

Cimanyd

I'm not sure if it's actually being split in two... it looks to me more like Tynan's partway through writing a short summary of the whole changelog up to this point, and just hasn't added the part about features yet.

Quote from: the entire current "Tynan work log 2"
July 2 2015
  • More bugfixes. Oh god, so many bugfixes.

:D
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

tommonius

Holy crap Tynan you work so hard you made it to a second page of change logs, my eternal respect to you for the hard work you put into this game!

Dive

• Unskilled or injured growers can fail at harvesting, destroying the harvest for one plant
How is this even possible in real life? What should you do to make a load of potatoes vanish out of existence?

Tynan

Quote from: tommonius on July 03, 2015, 09:50:13 AM
Holy crap Tynan you work so hard you made it to a second page of change logs, my eternal respect to you for the hard work you put into this game!

I try :D

Quote from: Dive on July 04, 2015, 02:39:29 AM
  • Unskilled or injured growers can fail at harvesting, destroying the harvest for one plant
How is this even possible in real life? What should you do to make a load of potatoes vanish out of existence?

Stab potatoes while trying to dig them out. Smush/drop berries or overload a container to smush them...

A bit thin, but it's a video game. This change was made for design/balance reasons.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

demacrex

Quote from: Tynan on July 04, 2015, 02:49:10 AM
A bit thin, but it's a video game. This change was made for design/balance reasons.
Always thought that growing was a bit easy, only thing that can impact it at all in a major way is seasons (if you don't play on all year) and blight maybe we need some form of pest event to make growing a bit more of a risk :D
If Rimworld taught me anything, it's that 95% of your problems can be killed and eaten.

Play2Jens

Quote from: demacrex on July 05, 2015, 09:01:38 AM
Quote from: Tynan on July 04, 2015, 02:49:10 AM
Always thought that growing was a bit easy, only thing that can impact it at all in a major way is seasons (if you don't play on all year) and blight maybe we need some form of pest event to make growing a bit more of a risk :D

I do not completely agree. There should be events that the player can counter. Like a fire or starving animals that have your crops as a main target

user7

Today's animal changes seem interesting. As long as taming isn't too unrealistic, being able to breed certain animals or use animals for defence sounds good.

In regards to crops, I'd like to see each instance of blight confined to a single crop, so players are encouraged to grow multiple crops. Making crops grow slower would be fine by me, as long as it doesn't put off new players, but otherwise a new negative event or two would be good.

I'd also like to be able to use the comms console to contact allies and buy a few supplies. Say 20 simple meals, 100 or 200 food, some herbal medicine, or a small amount of steel. A sort of simulated surplus harvest. Maybe they could call up occasionally and request emergency supplies from the player too.

Kelian

Quote from: user7 on July 06, 2015, 02:46:29 PM
Today's animal changes seem interesting. As long as taming isn't too unrealistic, being able to breed certain animals or use animals for defence sounds good.

In regards to crops, I'd like to see each instance of blight confined to a single crop, so players are encouraged to grow multiple crops. Making crops grow slower would be fine by me, as long as it doesn't put off new players, but otherwise a new negative event or two would be good.

I'd also like to be able to use the comms console to contact allies and buy a few supplies. Say 20 simple meals, 100 or 200 food, some herbal medicine, or a small amount of steel. A sort of simulated surplus harvest. Maybe they could call up occasionally and request emergency supplies from the player too.

A warg slipping into the muffalo pen again... it's not pretty guys. We have 4.8 days to cook the meat before it spoils.

Raufgar

Quote from: user7 on July 06, 2015, 02:46:29 PM

Raiders have landed! They are making their way to your colony! They head towards your muffalo pen! Your muffalos nuzzle the raiders! Raiders leave after being overwhelmed with cuteness!
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.