RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeanusMaximus

The new video to Alpha 4 is pretty cool. Did notice that the message said "The mechanoids from their hive have are beginning their assault". :P

SSS

Are explosions intended to go through walls? I think it's a bit odd when a frag grenade or molotov affect people on the other side of a wall despite not destroying said wall. Shouldn't the wall simply take more damage for the squares it "covers" from damage, with any excess beyond its health spilling over?

I suppose you could argue throwing bombs "on top" of the walls, but that still doesn't make sense when roofs come into the picture. It's not a big issue, but do you think this aspect of explosives will stay?

Also, I noticed carpets are gone. ???

Edit: Stone walls are gone too! This will take getting used too... no more fortress wall. >.>;

Another edit: It seems I've entirely forgotten about research. Whoops. ^-^;

Coenmcj

Oh SSS... you silly bugger.

That explosion issue sounds interesting however. The question is : Is this a bug, or a feature?
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

psilous

Quote from: SSS on June 02, 2014, 12:06:36 AM
Are explosions intended to go through walls? I think it's a bit odd when a frag grenade or molotov affect people on the other side of a wall despite not destroying said wall. Shouldn't the wall simply take more damage for the squares it "covers" from damage, with any excess beyond its health spilling over?

I suppose you could argue throwing bombs "on top" of the walls, but that still doesn't make sense when roofs come into the picture. It's not a big issue, but do you think this aspect of explosives will stay?

Also, I noticed carpets are gone. ???

Edit: Stone walls are gone too! This will take getting used too... no more fortress wall. >.>;

Another edit: It seems I've entirely forgotten about research. Whoops. ^-^;

A true explosion could send splinters off from the opposite side of the wall as it is damaged.

jjgoldman

Quote from: RimWorld changelog

• Added an option to automatically make a home region around new construction. Defaults to on.

Wow, when you put it like this it seems like a no-brainer feature!   :D

nacker1776

Added an option to automatically make a home region around new construction. Defaults to on.
Superfast 15x speed is now available for all players via the 4 key.

I could not get to work in Alpha 4d. Are they used in 4d.

Coenmcj

I would assume so, considering that there is stuff on June 3rd that was released in 4d.

Pulaskimask

Probably the wrong place to post this, but I would just like to say that I am very pleased with the changes in Alpha 4 and think you guys have done a wonderful job with the wood eco, mechanoids, music, and other changes. In particular I think wood eco and new tech are a good step towards RimWorld developing more clearly defined early/mid/late-game stages, and the music nicely enhances the the game's atmosphere.

OpposingForces

Quote from: nacker1776 on June 03, 2014, 06:16:48 PM
Added an option to automatically make a home region around new construction. Defaults to on.
Superfast 15x speed is now available for all players via the 4 key.

I could not get to work in Alpha 4d. Are they used in 4d.

if you look in the change log only story teller ramp up and sawmill needed alert were added. it didn't mention the others being added yet.

@ty - The whole siege thing sounds awesome, should encourage people to attack more often instead of just turtleing and only defending.
No one can hear you scream in space. But the Raiders get a chuckle from you screaming while a boomrat eats you.

Dr. Z

QuoteAdded (but did not use) basic biome support for plants.

What is an biome?
Prasie the Squirrel!

Coenmcj

Quote from: Dr. Z on June 09, 2014, 12:37:38 PM
QuoteAdded (but did not use) basic biome support for plants.

What is an biome?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biome
Praise unto he; Google!

frosty840

QuoteOrbital drop raiders are less numerous but can now punch through thin roofs.

Is that as in "everyone has to build everything in mountains all the time now, because otherwise anywhere in your base can be invaded, at any time?" or as in "people are exploiting the game by creating no-roof zones to trade, and then putting the roof back on, and now they can't"?

Tynan

Quote from: frosty840 on June 11, 2014, 01:02:04 PM
QuoteOrbital drop raiders are less numerous but can now punch through thin roofs.

Is that as in "everyone has to build everything in mountains all the time now, because otherwise anywhere in your base can be invaded, at any time?" or as in "people are exploiting the game by creating no-roof zones to trade, and then putting the roof back on, and now they can't"?

Ideally "now there's a new tactical situation to deal with: a group of raiders with the disadvantage of small numbers but the advantage of starting in your base." Hoping to see some cool hallway-to-hallway gunfights.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Dr. Z

Quote from: Tynan on June 11, 2014, 01:07:14 PM
Quote from: frosty840 on June 11, 2014, 01:02:04 PM

Ideally "now there's a new tactical situation to deal with: a group of raiders with the disadvantage of small numbers but the advantage of starting in your base." Hoping to see some cool hallway-to-hallway gunfights.

I agree, this sounds very thrilling.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Coenmcj

That will certainly be interesting, it would invite more militaristic hallways however.