RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheXIIILightning

QuoteCreated quality component. Crafted things can now have different quality levels.

Yes!! Now we can (probably) make clubs that look like a battered piece of wood, and clubs that look cool and deadly!
I assume that'll either work with beauty in mind, or go a step further and mess around with durability.

Like a Colonist with 10 Crafting making prettier and more durable clothing... while a Colonist with 0 crafting makes extremely weak and ugly clothing.

Coenmcj

Quote from: vagineer1 on November 11, 2014, 04:13:47 PM
Quote from: Cimanyd on November 11, 2014, 04:09:48 PM
Quote from: vagineer1 on November 11, 2014, 03:58:43 PM
Quote from: Coenmcj on November 06, 2014, 10:30:45 PM
On the eighth day of Christmas, Tynan gave to me... 8 alphas launching, 7 raiders raiding, 6 Solar panels, 5 fine meals, 4 angry squirrels, 3 fires blazing, 2 geothermals and a brand new colonist!

I'd like to see a full 12 day version.
9 centipedes attacking.

I'll probably start a thread called: The Twelve Days of Alpha on the first day of December.

Rim-mas?
Tynanday?
are we going to have Sylvester tinsel?
Looking forward to it for sure!
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Igabod

QuoteNov 11

Refactored the minification/installation system. Instead of the installed building containing the minified source item, the minified item contains the building.

Am I the only one confused by this? No clue what the minification system is for one. And the fact that a building is inside a minified source item just sounds very odd to me. Could someone maybe explain this?

RawCode

I hope guns wont turn legendary for killing 10 tribals...

TheXIIILightning

Quote from: Igabod on November 12, 2014, 04:39:36 AM
QuoteNov 11

Refactored the minification/installation system. Instead of the installed building containing the minified source item, the minified item contains the building.

Am I the only one confused by this? No clue what the minification system is for one. And the fact that a building is inside a minified source item just sounds very odd to me. Could someone maybe explain this?

I assume it's kinda like having the statue displayed in full size when it is installed, and having it show up with half its size when it isn't. It's possibly implemented so we can see what is installed and what isn't.

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: Igabod on November 12, 2014, 04:39:36 AM
QuoteNov 11

Check out This Post. It explains it pretty well.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

christhekiller

Ooo we got some bugfixes. Looks like we're on the tail end to Alpha 8

TheXIIILightning

Quote from: christhekiller on November 13, 2014, 07:24:16 PM
Ooo we got some bugfixes. Looks like we're on the tail end to Alpha 8

I don't think so. Tynan seems to still be implementing new things and optimizing the 'Art' things.
It's great to see that Pathfinding is being optimized, but I don't think that's a signal that the Alpha is nearing. Don't forget that the Temperature system is gonna have to be tested, meaning that it'll probably take a few weeks until the Public Testers can provide proper feedback and look for bugs.

We'll be lucky if we get this Alpha in early December or on the 24th, and we'll be EXTREMELY lucky if it's out by Thanksgiving.
Though, I bet that on Thanksgiving will be when the Alpha is out for Public Testers to fiddle with. ^^

RawCode

complete lack of new features is evidence of upcoming alpha, not amount of bugfixes.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: RawCode on November 13, 2014, 10:08:20 PM
complete lack of new features is evidence of upcoming alpha, not amount of bugfixes.

"Haven't seen much new features lately."
"It's the calm before the storm of bugfixes, sir."
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Barley

We should have a special sprite for level 1/super poor artwork: It's nothing more than a rock or slag chunk on a pedestal with the word "Art" scribbled on it.

Thorin

Nice, dwarf fortress style art. Is this going to be reflected in the name or in the information tab, I wonder.
Next engravings on the random golden wall.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Shinzy

Quote from: Barley on November 14, 2014, 03:45:54 AM
We should have a special sprite for level 1/super poor artwork: It's nothing more than a rock or slag chunk on a pedestal with the word "Art" scribbled on it.

You know that'd be on the level of actual 'real' art at that point
and not level one art either =P
It's too "imaginative" for level one art

RawCode

Do "different bills feature" allow different pawns to take part in long crafting?

Shinzy

Quote from: RawCode on November 15, 2014, 01:12:16 PM
Do "different bills feature" allow different pawns to take part in long crafting?

I hope not!
Imagine someone has gone add swarm of crudely drawn bumblebees in the painting you've been working on for days
or some recently recruited Comareiro of the cave member with 3 crafting goes finish the thing your level 20 craftsman had started and the quality will suffer for it =P

Edit: p.s! I'm very excite about the paintings and the name generation!