Quote from: The Changelog
Nov 27
  • Various bugfixes and adjustments.

Nov 26

Nov 25

* WAITING FOR NEW ALPHA RELEASE INTENSIFIES *
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Cimanyd

Look more closely. The last lines of every list since Nov 13:

• Pathfinding bugfixes and optimizations.
  • Misc bugfixes and refactorings.
  • Piles of bugfixes and adjustments.
  • Bugfixes.
  • Various bugfixes.
  • Bugfixes.
  • Bugfixes.
  • Lots of adjustments and bugfixes.
Clearly Tynan is too busy working to come up with new changelog lines. At this rate, it'll just be replaced by one entry for a whole month.

Nov 25 - Dec 24
Dec 25
  • Bugfixes.
  • (Started work on Alpha 9 branch during A8 testing.)
  • Added z-levels.
  • Crashed ship part causes large, deep crater when landing.
  • Crashed ship part automatically attempts to land on valuable structures.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

Wabajack42

I like tynan's humor

Quote from changelog

November 28

You guessed it! Various bugfixes and adjustments.

UrbanBourbon

Imaginary changelogs? I'm in.

- Colonists will now get a job if idle. Get a job, you hippie.
- Colonists no longer make snarky comments at each other (less colonist-on-colonist violence that way).
- Raw potatoes no longer lose their taste after being eaten for a while; no getting used to them now; persistent mood drop
- Mechanoids will now attempt to steal your electronic devices, preferring plasteel items. After murdering all your colonists, of course.
- Rival muffalo herds now really hate each other. Expect more altercations and trample-by mooings.
- Muffalo males now headbutt each other intensely during mating season, or possibly to assert dominance. I dunno, I'm no muffalo shaman.
- Did away with the perk 'Pessimist' because it was probably useless anyway.
- Enlarged megascarabs; should be twice the size of Centipedes now instead of tenth.
- Tribals now worship your colonists as gods and will occasionally bring you captured people as offerings. You are expected to sacrifice the gift person in a ritual sacrifice in their presence. Who are you to question their beliefs?
- Included cats. They choose a random colonist to follow around. Colonists who dislike cats are twice more likely to attract the affection of a cat.
- Cats occasionally knock items off of shelves and hoppers.
- Traders will really rip you off now.
- Option to shoot down the trader from the orbit with a missile as a warning to all the other traders; gain random few items in drop pods somewhere on the map, potentially the trader himself as well.
- Option to make lewd gestures at pirates and other hostile factions at the comms console.
- Option to grow cannabis in order to start a regional drug trade. Man. (Duuuuude.)
- Colonists now crave for extra food sometimes. Gee, I wonder why?
- Bug fixes
- Fixings of bugs
- Corrections of software insectoid metaphors
- Listening device repairs
- Major tweaks (no more sad notes from this guitar)

Bronson

I'm just hanging on to the hope that we get a new release before Christmas. I need something fun to play over the Christmas break!

Shinzy

Quote from: Bronson on November 29, 2014, 03:20:36 AM
I'm just hanging on to the hope that we get a new release before Christmas. I need something fun to play over the Christmas break!
Nooo! Board gaaames! with your familyyy! *jingles a bell*

deslona

Nov 28

Yay! Can we have some cookie flavoured nutrient paste?

stefanstr

I cannot wait for the new Alpha. The current build bored me about a month ago and the new systems will give me a reason to play again.

Wabajack42

Quote from: deslona on November 29, 2014, 08:38:16 AM
Nov 28

Yay! Can we have some cookie flavoured nutrient paste?
Mmmm
Nutrient paste cookies, those sound delicious.

putsam

Quote from: UrbanBourbon on November 28, 2014, 11:32:30 PM

Did U mean that as in their is something wrong in the music, or do you mean you want all chords to be major so it sounds happy?

StorymasterQ

Quote from: putsam on December 02, 2014, 12:47:18 AM
Quote from: UrbanBourbon on November 28, 2014, 11:32:30 PM

Did U mean that as in their is something wrong in the music, or do you mean you want all chords to be major so it sounds happy?

Well no one wants to admit having 'happy times' with a minor. Especially if they air-quotes the 'happy times.'

:D

Goo Poni

Spawning items through the dev console is 15x faster? But, it's already instantaneous? Open console, spawn 25 of X, medicine, *click*, 25 medicine on the ground. *cl-cl-cl-c-cli-c-click*, a year's supply of medicine on the ground.

milon

Quote from: Goo Poni on December 02, 2014, 03:03:25 AM
Spawning items through the dev console is 15x faster? But, it's already instantaneous?

"Optimized map generation and loading. Spawning items in dev mode is now 15x faster."  I believe the time is in terms of CPU processing time.  Which means crappy computers (like mine!) will handle it better, and be less laggy.  :D

Hoodinski

So when can we expect the new version?