RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Braun

Artillery cannons now require artillery shells to fire and are more powerful.

Dr. Z

More precise would be enough for me, actually.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Shinzy

Quote from: Dr. Z on January 10, 2015, 05:43:13 AM

Oh I can imagine the rage when you miss 12 of your precious shells in a row =P

stefanstr

Quote from: Ink. on January 09, 2015, 04:35:54 PM
QuoteJan 9

You can now rescue incapacitated neutral people and heal them. Their faction will be appreciative.

(its-happening.gif)

This is awesome.

Yeah, finally! This must be one of the most frequently requested additions. I am glad Tynan listens to us.

henkalv

Quote from: Dr. Z on January 10, 2015, 05:43:13 AM

If you make the explosion large enough you do not have to be precise  8)

Dr. Z

There are usually like 10-15 tiles between the edge of my mortar explosions and the enemy I try to to hit, so it would've to be reeeaaaly big explosions to make my mortars finally usefull.
Prasie the Squirrel!

mightyhuhn

QuoteJan 9
You can now rescue incapacitated neutral people and heal them. Their faction will be appreciative.

any plans to stop player from exploiting this? i could capture some of them in a room and close the door and wait and help them later.
this should only give reputation if the person was attack from something not from the player faction.

Gabriel_Braun

Quote from: mightyhuhn on January 10, 2015, 08:16:02 AM
QuoteJan 9

any plans to stop player from exploiting this? i could capture some of them in a room and close the door and wait and help them later.
this should only give reputation if the person was attack from something not from the player faction.

I disagree dude, this is why you keep a prisoner medical ward-  release prisoners to aid diplomacy :D

PookyJM

What I read in the change log recently:

Jan 9
Put even more love into the game !

Jan 8
Put more love into the game

Jan 7
Put some love into the game

Dr. Z

Quote from: Gabriel_Braun on January 10, 2015, 08:53:13 AM
Quote from: mightyhuhn on January 10, 2015, 08:16:02 AM
QuoteJan 9

I disagree dude, this is why you keep a prisoner medical ward-  release prisoners to aid diplomacy :D

Would be awesome to be able to exchange prisoners with a pirate faction to negotiate a cease-fire.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Gabriel_Braun

Dr Z you can already do this!

In the prisoner tab there's an option to release a prisoner and when they leave the map edge you get an increase to rep...    Basically if you capture and patch up 5/6 pawns of the same enemy faction and keep them fed and not recruit them you can release them all at once then you'll turn the faction relations to neutral from hated;   

I normally end up friends with everyone and the only raids I get are mechanoids :D

Dr. Z

I treid this one time with a neutral faction, got from like 32 to -70 when capturing and up to -52 or so when releasing. Not really worth it in my opinion. And I never have more then two or three enemy/non-colonists survivors after a fight, so your calculation doesn't work for me.

Also, I didn't ment increased faction relation, becasue why should pirates give a shit they don't even want to be freinds with you. So my idea was that they sent a neutral away party with a captured colonist, you send an away party with the captured raider, you exchange them movie-style, and for a specific amount of time they wont attack you, without changing their attitude towards you. And if they attack you anyways you could e.g. make an example by executing some survivors.

I could get on and on with this...
Prasie the Squirrel!

Mihsan

Quote from: Dr. Z on January 10, 2015, 04:30:39 PM
I treid this one time with a neutral faction, got from like 32 to -70 when capturing and up to -52 or so when releasing. Not really worth it in my opinion. And I never have more then two or three enemy/non-colonists survivors after a fight, so your calculation doesn't work for me.

Also, I didn't ment increased faction relation, becasue why should pirates give a shit they don't even want to be freinds with you. So my idea was that they sent a neutral away party with a captured colonist, you send an away party with the captured raider, you exchange them movie-style, and for a specific amount of time they wont attack you, without changing their attitude towards you. And if they attack you anyways you could e.g. make an example by executing some survivors.

I could get on and on with this...

Capturing enemies does not damage your repitation with faction. So i am too end up with all factions as friends and only mechanoids attacking (which is not fun at all).
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

xlockeed

Quote from: Mihsan on January 10, 2015, 05:58:33 PM
Capturing enemies does not damage your repitation with faction. So i am too end up with all factions as friends and only mechanoids attacking (which is not fun at all).

Edit - On mortar requires shells. Will sieges have shells as well and run out? How will that work out? I'm going to guess they will have drop pods with so many shells?
Each year of thy life is the foundation for the next. The man who squanders his youth needs must build his life on a foundation of mud, and then wilt it collapse.

Evelyn

Raider sieges will probably be your best source of shells. Deploy 3 bionically augmented colonists with sniper rifles, pick them off and goad them in to attacking, and lead them back in to your firingline before they can start the bombardment.