RimWorld change log

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2014, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Braun

Quote from: Dr. Z on January 10, 2015, 04:30:39 PM
I could get on and on with this...

Please do!  It makes sense to me because my colonies generally end up with holding facilities big enough for 6 captives per faction complete with 2 medical beds and a small table with chairs...   it's enough to hold them until I'm ready to take on the mechs exclusively and can use the plasteel sculptures as income instead of gear looting so it does take a little finesse :D

christhekiller

QuoteFactions now have named leaders drawn from Pirate Kings

whatwhatwhat
what does this mean.
Can we assassinate enemy leaders
Will they lead their people into battle
What does it mean

Coenmcj

I'd imagine that in the comms console instead of talking to a representative or ambassador you would talk to this Pirate king instead, or perhaps it's just a gateway to future expansion, only time can tell.

also...
Quote from: ye olde log of change!Artillery shells can explode from damage and chain-react.
Do artillery shell piles detonate with greater intensity the more shells are in the pile? (Single cell) or is a set size per pile?

I'm already thinking up ways to daisy-chain explosions together to form a bread-crumb trail of explosive glory.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Arenji

QuoteEating now takes priority even over emergency work (doctoring, firefighting) if a colonist is starving

Hurrah!

I wondered if this might be resolved by making the 'Patient' priority determine when someone would eat. Then, normally, that priority would be lower than doctoring and fightfighting but you could make it higher if you wanted. But probably it's just best if you eat rather than heroically starve. ;)

Mihsan

Quote from: Coenmcj on January 13, 2015, 05:03:20 AMDo artillery shell piles detonate with greater intensity the more shells are in the pile? (Single cell) or is a set size per pile?

It was the first thing I thought when I read about that change, lol. I am already know, how i will store them 1 shell per tile with crafting and forbiding. ;D
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

milon

Quote from: Changelog Jan 13
  • Eating now takes priority even over emergency work (doctoring, firefighting) if a colonist is starving.
  • Colonists, when hauling to stockpiles, always haul the max amount they can carry, and drop the extra nearby if the target cell can't hold it all.
  • Reworked ship takeoff sequence into a proper whiteout with nice credits.

Woohoo!  Today is awesome already!  :D

Arenji

Player can no longer magically toggle power on any item. Rather, you designate power to be toggled and the colonists go do it.

Whoa! turrets are going to need colonists running around turning them all on. That's certainly going to increase my sense of frantic when mechs drop on my base...

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: Arenji on January 13, 2015, 09:20:47 AM
Player can no longer magically toggle power on any item. Rather, you designate power to be toggled and the colonists go do it.

Whoa! turrets are going to need colonists running around turning them all on. That's certainly going to increase my sense of frantic when mechs drop on my base...

He definitely took a bite out of killboxes...
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

milon

Not really - just increased the steel cost:
more steel = more power plants = turrets always on

Mihsan

Quote from: milon on January 13, 2015, 09:31:39 AM
Not really - just increased the steel cost:
more steel = more power plants = turrets always on

So much not going to work.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

milon

^  I rarely turn turrets off, so I've already been doing it.

But why wouldn't it work?  And don't say Solar Flare, because that takes out turrets anyway.

Shinzy

don't the temperature machinery draw quite a bit of power too?
I feel like it'd be very expensive to get reliable power source for all that
(but I haven't done turret killbox since alpha 6 so =P)

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: milon on January 13, 2015, 10:49:24 AM
^  I rarely turn turrets off, so I've already been doing it.

But why wouldn't it work?  And don't say Solar Flare, because that takes out turrets anyway.

Mostly because a lot of people don't currently have all their turrets on. I usually had them all off with back-up batteries to help when I did turn them on because they area I started didn'tt have enough geo thermals, nor enough room for wind turbines. Your gameplay won't be affected, but  many others will need to change.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Goo Poni

My last serious colony in A7 had a line of (modded) long range turrets set up behind barricades and embrasures to keep angry critters at bay and supplement firepower against raids. They were always turned on and about 10 of them drew like triple the power of the rest of the entire base. I had enough power plants to run a small city to support them.

loc978

Quote from: Changelog Jan 13
  • Colonists, when hauling to stockpiles, always haul the max amount they can carry, and drop the extra nearby if the target cell can't hold it all.

Thank you. This is my most maddening pet peeve in Rimworld. Alpha 9 sounds an order of magnitude more awesome already.