[A17] Phileas' trusted mod & maintenance station (Update: 2017-07-08)

Started by PhileasFogg, July 04, 2017, 04:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhileasFogg

Good day, ladies and gentlemen.

I thank you all for your feed back and your kind words.
I'll try to answer all raised question. Sorry if I'll left one out, I'm in a hurry right now.
Missed questions will be answered, when I'm back from work.

@admiralKew: To be honest, I use both mods (Psychology and Fluffys Birds and Bees) myself. There isn't any problem with using them alongside disease overhauled. :)
If I had some knowledge about C#, I would even integrate my mod a bit into Psychology - but when I studied informatics, there wasn't even such thing as object-oriented programming. And, as life goes, I later never used me acquired skills. So they are nothing more then rudimentary.
BTW: If somebody happens to know some good tutorials regarding C#, I would be very thankful.

@faltonico: I'm probably some hours in the day ahead of most people here in the forum. So when I posted my mod, it was deep at night - and I was pretty tired. I will include these missing information in the next two days.

@Napple: To be honest, I didn't. But this may be a good idea. I kept those two postings reserved, because I knew, there were a lot of informations missing.

@notfood: Thank you! :)

@Adalah217:
Thank you for your suggestions. I'll consider the curability of many non-curable diseases as an addon. And maybe split this mod in two parts (which I considered already after this mod grow bigger and bigger - but I was too lazy), so the additional bodyparts section o this mod could be available in two versions. A EPOE and a Rahs version.
Regarding DTCs: that would be very nice of you. :)

@SpaceDorf: There shouldn't be any problems with Birds and Bees, as I use this mod myself. ;)

Sincerely

Phileas

Yukino

Hmm, I'm gonna try using this with More consumable and mutagens. That mod give body part mutation like claw hand or lizard-like eyes, so I'm not sure whether it will work with the extra body parts. Will give some feedback if I have time to play the game. Been busy doing something else recently.

faltonico

@PhileasFogg
Take your time, i'll use it regardless xD
Thanks!

TA1980

Dear PhileasFogg,

I like your ideas. I can only second splitting the mod into different branches (maybe in addition to an all-inclusive one).
Would you mind getting in contact with the modteam of Combat Extended to make your mods be compatible?

Regards

Adalah217

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 05, 2017, 03:40:43 AM
AFAIK the difference between Rah and EPOE are some recepies and some implants.
The Bodymodel is the same since Rah based his mod on EPOE.

So there should be no real problems in general.

The better question is Birds and Bees :)

Yeah I figured it would work out, but it took like 0 time to test it to make sure nothing else funky would come up. A patch would involve replacing the research and either adding back in the extra organ stuff or producing a version of this disease mod that doesn't rely on them.

Quote from: PhileasFogg on July 05, 2017, 06:18:27 AM
@Adalah217:
And maybe split this mod in two parts (which I considered already after this mod grow bigger and bigger - but I was too lazy), so the additional bodyparts section o this mod could be available in two versions. A EPOE and a Rahs version.

That'd be great! The additional bodyparts is what causes so many conflicts.

Quote from: PhileasFogg on July 05, 2017, 06:18:27 AM
If I had some knowledge about C#, I would even integrate my mod a bit into Psychology - but when I studied informatics, there wasn't even such thing as object-oriented programming. And, as life goes, I later never used me acquired skills. So they are nothing more then rudimentary.
BTW: If somebody happens to know some good tutorials regarding C#, I would be very thankful.

You really only need a basic understanding of C# to fill in the gaps for writing .dll's here, unless you want to get wild with it. If you're writing these long XMLs, you can probably figure out C with a bit of googling too.
There's a good tutorial for Rimworld modding here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3408.0
The github page has all the details. It's always the setting up of the IDE that I hate. I use VisualStudio, but it has a ton of extra features that I'll never use that get in the way.
As for OOP, you can always do https://www.codecademy.com/ to get a better feel for it.

Good luck!

RemingtonRyder

I released a mini-mod called Really Toxic Fallout the day before this one appeared.

FYI, you can use xpath patching on HediffDefs.

Example of changing value for mtbDays in Toxic Buildup:

<Operation Class="PatchOperationReplace">
  <xpath>*/HediffDef[defName = "ToxicBuildup"]/stages/li[4]/hediffGivers/li[1]/mtbDays</xpath>
  <value>
<mtbDays>7</mtbDays>
  </value>
</Operation>

<Operation Class="PatchOperationReplace">
  <xpath>*/HediffDef[defName = "ToxicBuildup"]/stages/li[4]/hediffGivers/li[2]/mtbDays</xpath>
  <value>
<mtbDays>10</mtbDays>
  </value>
</Operation>

Example of adding HediffGivers where none currently exist:

<Operation Class="PatchOperationInsert">
  <xpath>*/HediffDef[defName = "ToxicBuildup"]/stages/li[3]/capMods</xpath>
  <value>
        <hediffGivers>
          <li Class="HediffGiver_Random">
            <hediff>Dementia</hediff>
            <mtbDays>14</mtbDays>
            <partsToAffect>
              <li>Brain</li>
            </partsToAffect>
          </li>
          <li Class="HediffGiver_Random">
            <hediff>Carcinoma</hediff>
            <mtbDays>21</mtbDays>
            <canAffectAnyLivePart>true</canAffectAnyLivePart>
          </li>
        </hediffGivers>
  </value>
</Operation>

li[N] allows you to select a particular stage of a disease to do insert or replacement patching.

PhileasFogg

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen!

@Yukino: "Disease overhauled" should work just fine with "More Consumables". I use a customized version of this mods and encountered no problems so far. If you experience something else, please let me now, so I can have a look into it. Thank you in advance. :)

@faltonico: Thank you for your understanding. My wife won't be to pleased if I don't spend more time with her in the next days. She was obviously delighted as I informed her that my mod is finished. ;)

@TA1980: To be honest, I never used "Combat Extended". I will ask them, what is required to make my mod compatible with theirs. If it's a resonable amount of work, I may do it - but can't promise it at the moment. It's not the highest point on my priority list. I hope you understand this and exercise leniency.

@Adalah217: Thank you very much for those tips! I already installed Visual Studio and cloned the Git-repository. And I will definitely give the codeacademy a try! Thank you again.
I'll definitely split the bodyparts off the main mod and make and addon out of it.

@MarvonKosh: I already used the xpath patching for integrating the biome disease. It sounds reasonable to use it for the basegame disease too. Do you happen to know, where I might some reference regarding the existing xpath patching classes?

Sincerely

Phileas

RemingtonRyder

PixelBitZombie

I have the required mod, plus many more mods added. No errors or anything, when in EDB menu, I can't save presets and can't generate worlds after I'm done. It crashes to main menu and thats it.

<li>Core</li>
    <li>HugsLib</li>
    <li>Jec's Tools</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Core</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_MAI</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_Robots</li>
    <li>Robots_PlusPlus_Misc_Robots_Xtension</li>
    <li>Miscellaneous_TrainingFacility</li>
    <li>Mod List Backup</li>
    <li>RuntimeGC</li>
    <li>Allow Tool</li>
    <li>More Joy</li>
    <li>T-MoreFloors</li>
    <li>Rainbeau's Basic Bridges</li>
    <li>RF - Fertile Fields</li>
    <li>Advanced Power Generation</li>
    <li>Allow Dead Man's Apparel</li>
    <li>Animal Husbandry Raids A17</li>
    <li>Blueprints</li>
    <li>Bulk Medicine</li>
    <li>Camera+</li>
    <li>CarefulRaids-master</li>
    <li>Ceiling and Floor Lights</li>
    <li>ChildrenAndPregnancy-master</li>
    <li>Colonist Bar + PSI</li>
    <li>Colony Leadership</li>
    <li>RF - Configurable Maps</li>
    <li>CyberneticStorm</li>
    <li>DESurgeries</li>
    <li>DisableVanillaMusic</li>
    <li>DontTemptMe_v1.2</li>
    <li>Dubs Hygiene and Central Heating</li>
    <li>EcoSmart</li>
    <li>EdBPrepareCarefully</li>
    <li>Efficient Light</li>
    <li>Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.0</li>
    <li>FacialStuff</li>
    <li>Fences &amp; Floors</li>
    <li>TechAdvancing</li>
    <li>Glittertech</li>
    <li>Greyer Morals</li>
    <li>Hand Me That Brick</li>
    <li>Harveest Everything</li>
    <li>Help Tab</li>
    <li>Hospitality</li>
    <li>Inspiration</li>
    <li>LED-Lights-Extended-1.1</li>
    <li>Doormat</li>
    <li>Mechanoid Ship Extension</li>
    <li>Mass Cooking</li>
    <li>Mastubation</li>
    <li>Mechanoid Tech</li>
    <li>Medical Tab</li>
    <li>Miniaturisation</li>
    <li>MiningCo. SpotlightTurret</li>
    <li>MiningCo. MMS</li>
    <li>More Furniture</li>
    <li>More Trade Ships</li>
    <li>More Vanilla Turrets</li>
    <li>MT - Everyone Hauls</li>
    <li>MT - Starting Tech</li>
    <li>Notifications</li>
    <li>Numbers</li>
    <li>OldGodsMusicMod</li>
    <li>Organized Research Tab</li>
    <li>PathAvoid</li>
    <li>PPT-17.00</li>
    <li>Phi-Online Trading</li>
    <li>POW-17.29</li>
    <li>PowerSwitch</li>
    <li>FZN-17.02</li>
    <li>Prisoner Harvesting</li>
    <li>Psychology</li>
    <li>QOLTweaksPack-1.0.2</li>
    <li>Quality Builder</li>
    <li>Quality Surgeon</li>
    <li>Quarry</li>
    <li>Realistic Darkness (Lighter)</li>
    <li>Realistic Rooms</li>
    <li>Reasonable Moods &amp; Needs</li>
    <li>RedistHeat</li>
    <li>Refugee Stats</li>
    <li>Fluffly Relations Tab</li>
    <li>RemoteExplosives</li>
    <li>Research Pal</li>
    <li>RimFridge</li>
    <li>Roof Support</li>
    <li>RT_Fuse-A17-1.0.7</li>
    <li>RT_SolarFlareShield-A17-1.2.1</li>
    <li>SaveStorageSettings</li>
    <li>SimpleSidearms-1.1.1</li>
    <li>[SS]BiggerBatteries A17</li>
    <li>[SS]BiggerFuses A17</li>
    <li>DamageIndicators-master</li>
    <li>StackMerger</li>
    <li>Stack XXL</li>
    <li>BirdsAndBees</li>
    <li>Thingamajigs</li>
    <li>Turret Collection</li>
    <li>[A17] Vanilla-Friendly Weapon Expansion</li>
    <li>Vegetable Garden 5.4</li>
    <li>WaterPower [Basic Bridges Compatible]</li>
    <li>Wildlife Tab</li>
    <li>Smarter Food</li>
    <li>CyberneticStorm&amp;EPOECompat</li>

I realize it's a lot. I've taken out Cybernetics and nothing. The only thing I didn't try was taking out Harvest Everything. I don't think that is the cause though. I kinda wanna try this mod but I'm just stuck on trying to figure out what this mod isn't playing nice with.
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

Adalah217

Quote from: PixelBitZombie on July 06, 2017, 01:26:12 AM
I have the required mod, plus many more mods added. No errors or anything, when in EDB menu, I can't save presets and can't generate worlds after I'm done. It crashes to main menu and thats it.

I realize it's a lot. I've taken out Cybernetics and nothing. The only thing I didn't try was taking out Harvest Everything. I don't think that is the cause though. I kinda wanna try this mod but I'm just stuck on trying to figure out what this mod isn't playing nice with.

It's probably ChildrenAndPregnancy.

PixelBitZombie

Quote from: Adalah217 on July 06, 2017, 01:30:26 AM
Quote from: PixelBitZombie on July 06, 2017, 01:26:12 AM

It's probably ChildrenAndPregnancy.

I'll check it out a bit later, thanks for the heads up!

Edit: Turns out you were right. CaP made it not generate. This is unfortunate.. Thank you for helping!
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

SpaceDorf

Listen real quick .. could you add this little mod to your maintenance list ?

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29422.0

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

sidfu

want to know if u will allow us to include this in hcsk. some mod will be basicly the same but for materal changes and maybe some things commented out for compatiblity sake.

PhileasFogg

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.

I hope you're all doing well.
As suggested, I have split this mod. There are now three in total. Descriptions can be found in the first post in this thread, download links in the third. :)

@PixelBitZombie & Adalah217:
I'm glad you got some help, PixelBitZombie. Thank you for your support, Adalah217.

@MarvinKosh:
Again: Thank you very much. That tutorial helped me alot. I switched minor changes to patches instead of complete definitions. Large adjustments only will remain as definitions.

@sidfu:
Sure, you can do that. It would be nice, if you would give me credits. More important though: please give credits to the people on those work I build my mod! That would be: Ykara, Jabbamonkey and Marnador.

@SpaceDorf:
Well, talking about trust, I need to be honest. Therefore we need to look at prior statements of mine and to examine that specific mod.
I used this mod myself for quite some time but, as some people already stated in the related thread, it isn't really reliable. On the other hand, I don't have any real C# skills. Maybe this will change in the future. But at the moment I don't - and this mod relies on an assembly. So, despite that I don't have the source code for that mod and don't seem to be able to download the mod (download link leads nowere), this would not only mean, that this mod has to be updated but also maintained.
Taking these points into consideration, the only honest answer can be: no.
But I've seen in Rainbeau's thread that you're a person with a habit for collecting things. If you happen to have the source code, I will use it as a training - but I can't promise you anything. What do you say? :)

Sincerely

Phileas

SpaceDorf

Quote from: PhileasFogg on July 08, 2017, 02:23:38 PM

@SpaceDorf:
Well, talking about trust, I need to be honest. Therefore we need to look at prior statements of mine and to examine that specific mod.
I used this mod myself for quite some time but, as some people already stated in the related thread, it isn't really reliable. On the other hand, I don't have any real C# skills. Maybe this will change in the future. But at the moment I don't - and this mod relies on an assembly. So, despite that I don't have the source code for that mod and don't seem to be able to download the mod (download link leads nowere), this would not only mean, that this mod has to be updated but also maintained.
Taking these points into consideration, the only honest answer can be: no.
But I've seen in Rainbeau's thread that you're a person with a habit for collecting things. If you happen to have the source code, I will use it as a training - but I can't promise you anything. What do you say? :)

Sincerely

Phileas

Thanks for being honest and considering the Idea.
I have to check the collection, there might be something in there.

------ EDIT ------

And gratulations on the successful modulisation of your mod.
I wanted to write with you about the Mechanoid Part anyway, since expanding on those suckers has always been a pet fantasy of mine.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.