[A17] Phileas' trusted mod & maintenance station (Update: 2017-07-08)

Started by PhileasFogg, July 04, 2017, 04:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wley

First of all: Thank you for the amazing mod! I have just started playing with it but I already love the variety of diseases!

I have one small question regarding anxiety. So, I got one pawn who has an extreme anxiety condition. Since I could not find it in the list of explained disease - is it curable or can it get fatal?

faltonico

I think anxiety is either from Rimdisorders or Psychology, i don't think this mod has it. And from what i have read, it is "manageable".

PhileasFogg

Good evening, Wley.

Like faltonico wrote, anxiety is part of "Psychology". I had a quick look into the HediffDef data: it does seem to be curable, only managable - but it can't get fatal. :)

Sincerely

Phileas

PixelBitZombie

I know Epoe works together with this, but I also have Cyberneticstorm on too. I'm curious if thats just going overboard? They all work together, but I just don't want extras in my game that I don't need. If you don't know that is fine, I'm just more so curious.
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

faltonico

Quote from: PixelBitZombie on July 08, 2017, 08:20:55 PM
I know Epoe works together with this, but I also have Cyberneticstorm on too. I'm curious if thats just going overboard? They all work together, but I just don't want extras in my game that I don't need. If you don't know that is fine, I'm just more so curious.
Probably not, both Cyberneticstorm and Extended Human Body Simulation overrides the Bodies_Humanlike.xml and BodyParts_Organs.xml. So, whichever is last in the load order will be the winner.

TA1980

Dear PhileasFogg,

will the disease mod work with Combat Extended?

Regards

Wley

Quote from: PhileasFogg on July 08, 2017, 08:10:50 PM
Good evening, Wley.

Like faltonico wrote, anxiety is part of "Psychology". I had a quick look into the HediffDef data: it does seem to be curable, only managable - but it can't get fatal. :)

Sincerely

Phileas

Thank you very much! I am sorry for the misunderstanding - I have downloaded diseases overhauled and psychology at the same time, so it is hard for me to keep track which mod is responsible for what   ::)

SpaceDorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 05, 2017, 03:40:43 AM
AFAIK the difference between Rah and EPOE are some recepies and some implants.
The Bodymodel is the same since Rah based his mod on EPOE.

So there should be no real problems in general.

The better question is Birds and Bees :)

Yesterday I disproved myself.

Rah is indeed not enough to use Disease Overhaul, not because of the Body Model, but other implants and recipes are missing.

My first day with more diseases went great. It really made a difference in how the diseases behaved and I was glad, that my scout-force start had brought a decent Doctor and medicine stockpile.

Sadly I was not able to heal a PoW as my code of honor demands.
He accepted his fate and commited his fleshly vessel to the friendship that was formed in his short time with us.
Rest in Peaces. You will always be parts to us.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Arira

upd: Penoxycylin only prevents from infecting, but not progression like Voight-Bernstein disease. Is there any way to cure it?

Lennbolt7

For some reason blood filtration is gone. I'm almost certain that I had it before installing disease overhaul and human anatomy. Is that an intentional part of the mod, or is this a conflict?

TA1980

Dear PhileasFogg,

the Detoxamin increases toxic sensitivity (+20%), is this intended?

Regards

sidfu

found a exploit. on the limbs since u get them if u amputate if there is a disease on the limb or scar u can remove and reapply and bam no more disease.

faltonico

Hi there PhileasFogg,
I'm not getting the "infection" notification anymore, it is really easy to lose colonist because the notification you get right now is when the infection is almost lethal =(
Is that intended or an oversight?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: sidfu on July 13, 2017, 07:54:50 PM
found a exploit. on the limbs since u get them if u amputate if there is a disease on the limb or scar u can remove and reapply and bam no more disease.

That has always been there :)
This is a bug/feature of the core game .. where you just can't remove arms and legs ..
better yet .. you can harvest 2 feet, 2 hands, 2 legs and 2 arms 
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

sidfu

here a little modification  of the module slots. it just renames them in a way when u using debug and such its easier to tell which is a module and which is actually the body.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]