[A17] Phileas' trusted mod & maintenance station (Update: 2017-07-08)

Started by PhileasFogg, July 04, 2017, 04:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drathmourn

This amazing series of mods has disappeared from my mod list and from steam. Please say its going to make a comeback.

mjamesd206

Yes please re-upload it to Steam! I can't play my best save file without it. I was using version 1.1.0. If I add it manually, will my save work again?

TerrorThomasCao

Man, these mods are crazy! I won't be downloading them anytime soon (Sounds wayy to difficult right now). Might get them in the future, but I just wanted to thank you for making the mod anyways. It's a great idea of realism and everything seems really well researched and thought out. I won't go into balancing but very impressive sir, very impressive.

Canute

Quote from: mjamesd206 on September 26, 2017, 08:36:32 PM
Yes please re-upload it to Steam! I can't play my best save file without it. I was using version 1.1.0. If I add it manually, will my save work again?
Should work !
Maybe you get the mismatch mod message but this you can ignore.

Slinkyfest

So quick question. Is sepsis supposed to be curable? So far it is the only thing that has led to colonist death, despite socking it and the initial infection with 10-15 glitterworld medicine in a high end hospital :\ (docs skill was 13)

Its pretty much a guaranteed death sentence at this point despite being my colony being in the mid to late game.

What are some typical scenarios to have a reasonable chance of curing it?

Xiyn

I nearly had sepsis beat on one of my pawns in my current game, but then he started getting necrosis and I couldn't figure out how to cut it out, so he died.  So far the most deadly sickness i've found is appendicitis.  I haven't found out how to operate on it so whoever gets it dies.

Hanarck

I was thinking about removing it from my library after the response you gave me in steam, but was thinking, lets give it a try, it can only get better and i did like the idea on improving on these side, even if some things were a bit over the top, but looks like you can take criticism on it without freaking out sad could have get so much better.
Thx for ruining my game, will not download any you your work in the future.

IAMEPSIL0N

Quote from: Ded1 on September 04, 2017, 01:33:35 PM
so, parts from glittertech arent able to be added as additional limbs, any way to fix this?
&
Quote from: Dellamorte on August 19, 2017, 05:26:16 AM
If possible I would love to see a compatibility patch to make this mod work with Cybernetic Storm, else I will just do without this mod. I probably should ask the author of Cybernetic Storm to look at this but if you both could get together it might happen quicker.
I will take a look at these but I was more interested in trying to extend/apply EHBS to some of the multitude of humanoid races.

Quote from: Lennbolt7 on August 19, 2017, 10:40:01 AM
Is there any compatibility patch for psychology planned? I think it's causing the extended bodyparts to not show up. I know it replaces the pawns and that's the only mod that affects pawns I added before this issue occurred.
I tried to look into this from the code side but couldn't see anything that would cause these mods to not work with psychology if others like EPoE still do, I'll let you know if my playtesting replicates the issue.

MrWeeGee

Hey, I'm using Extended Human Body Simulation and Diseases Overhauled with EPOE and I can't figure out why I'm not able to harvest legs from people. None of my prisoners or colonists can have their legs harvested, but I can harvest everything else from their toes, to their arms, and their brain. Just the "Harvest right/left leg" option is missing. Amputate did show on a prisoner with an infected leg but that's not what I'm after. Any ideas?

I ran a search on all my Defs and only 1 instance of <spawnThingOnRemoved>Leg</spawnThingOnRemoved> showed up, in HediffDefs_Natural.xml for EPOE. I'm running the correct load order as well, and don't think I have any other conflicting mods that modify the body.

SpaceDorf

Install Peg Legs on the guy.

This should return a healthy leg.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

IAMEPSIL0N

Do we know if anyone is doing upkeep on these mods at the moment? In the course of trying to write up cross-compatibility I stumbled upon a bunch of stuff that I would call in progress and wasn't sure if it would be cool to link an updated version of EHBS and CM when I'm done.

xRude

Sorry idk if this question was asked before but what's the compatability with Alien Races and their Custom EPOE

Can I use Crafted Mutants on Custom Races? Will I be able to implant their EPOE various times ( like 6 hands ) ?

The Apini race is my biggest concern, since they don't use normal parts

Canute

Since the mod author isn't active lately, you should try it out by yourself.
- add the mod
- load the latest safegame
- enable developer mode at the options.
- spawn the bodyparts you are looking for with the dev tools.
- check if you can install them.

If it works like you think, just reload the safegame and play, and if not remove the mod.

IAMEPSIL0N

Quote from: xRude on October 10, 2017, 03:54:48 AM
Sorry idk if this question was asked before but what's the compatability with Alien Races and their Custom EPOE

Can I use Crafted Mutants on Custom Races? Will I be able to implant their EPOE various times ( like 6 hands ) ?

The Apini race is my biggest concern, since they don't use normal parts

I tested and as far as I can tell no functionality by default as it is using quick overwriting of the definition of the basic human racial body from EPOE's style to EPOE with additional slots.

If you have any modding experience I would recommend trying to replicate the changes yourself as while I personally also want the options on other races I had stumbled onto issues with the base mods for EHBS and CraftedMutants that I wanted to test out in game and if needed sort before trying to build anything on top of those mods.

IceMaverick

So Necrosis of the Torso. How does one go about treating that? Anything else that gets Necrosis can just be chopped off and replaced with artificial parts. What about the Torso though? Is that just a death sentence or is there something specific to remove in the torso to fix it?