[A17] Phileas' trusted mod & maintenance station (Update: 2017-07-08)

Started by PhileasFogg, July 04, 2017, 04:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhileasFogg

Good day, ladies and gentlemen!

First of all: please excuse my bad english, I didn't have a lot of practice in recent years.

As in a previous post mentioned, I worked on spliting this mod in two separate mods, so everyone can use "Diseases overhauled" without the need for Ykara's "EPOE". After finishing this, there are now three mod instead of three mods: I extracted the expanded body simulation. It is now a separate mod and needed for the other two: "Diseases overhauled" and "Crafted Mutants". All three mods and there content will be outlined in the following sections. Detailed information are available in the second and third post in this thread. All download links are at the bottom of the third post.

[A17] Extended Human Body Simulation (v1.0.0)

1) Additional bodyparts
The current human body simulation is rather limited. I expanded it with fibulas, patellas, ulnas, a spleed, two lobes for your pawns liver and a hidden intestine (which makes it possible to remove stomaches without killing the patient - because humans can live without a stomach; it's no fun but possible).

2) Harvest and reintegrate all available bodyparts
Nearly every single bodypart is now harvestable (exceptions: torso, shoulders, head, neck, skull, intestine). So you can replace every part your pawns might miss with freshly harvested natural equivalent (which needs to be stored in a cold enviroment as natural bodyparts start to rot after one day). This also applies to all parts of the now expanded human body structure, which includes: fibulas, patellas, ulnas, a spleed and two lobes for your pawns liver.

3) Replace missing bones with surrogates
Buy a surrogate to replace the missing bones. Your trusted exotic, pirate or combat merchant may have to offer some.

[A17] Diseases overhauled (v1.1.0)
Depends on "Extended Human Body Simulation"

1Overhaul of all existing diseases and adding new ones
Every single disease / condition has been changed and more than thirty new ones have been put into RimWorld. Have a look at the second and third post for more detailed informations.

2) Additional drugs
There are six new drugs in this mod included, that either may help your pawns recover from disease or improve their abbilities for some time - at a price.

[A17] Crafted Mutants (v1.0.0)
Depends on "Extended Human Body Simulation" and "EPOE"

1) Installation of new bodyparts (third eye, more arms, supporting organ parts, etc.) and some experimental brain surgery
Harvested bodyparts and organs can now be installed at "unusual" places (for example as a third leg). But as your pawns bodies and brains aren't prepaired for this, their benefits are limited.

2) Harvesting of mechanoid bodyparts for simple prosthetics
You can now harvest more than blades from scythers. You can get light rezeptors, simple prosthetic arms, hands, legs and feet, artificial noses, brain stimulators and centipede tails. Some of these parts can be recived from both mechanoid versions, some only from scythers (like blades), others only from centipedes (like centipede tails).

Mod list order

If you're using all three mods, please ensure that the part of your mod list, which includes these, looks like this:

PhileasFogg

Credits & Thanks to...
  • Ykara, for his/her both fantastic mods, which I used as a basis, from which my small project started that (at first not intended) grew into this mod: EPOE & Harvest Everything! @Ykara: Thank you for all the work you have done and please excuse for not having asked for your permission.
  • Jabbamonkey, for his/her textures packs, which I used in some small parts as starting point for my drug textures.
  • Marnador, for the RimWor(l)d font, used in the picture above.
  • Tynan, for this great game!

Backgroundstory

This mod started as a small private project with no intend to release it to the public one day. My goal was to extent Ykara's really nice mod Harvest Everything!. By now my mod completely supercedes "Harvest Everything!" which is not necessary to use "Diseases overhauled", but because of this history, "Disease overhauled" depends on EPOE.
So at first I included item types and recipes for all previously missing bodyparts (sternum, ribs, humerus, femur, etc.). While doing this, I realized how rudimentary the current human body simulation in RimWorld is and expanded it: added fibulas, ulnas, patellas, a spleed (which has no real function other than bullet and disease catcher as I don't have a clue about C#), a hidden intestine (which makes it possible to remove stomaches without killing the patient - because humans can live without a stomach; it's no fun but possible), added lobes to the liver and different (non-hittable) parts to the brain (which are used to install the different auxiliary AIs). And again: while busy with this task, I thought to myself: "Why not include some slots which I can use to create some creazy Frankensteinian mutants out of my colonists?" No sooner said than done!
At this point, my formerly small project were grown quite large - and it was completely OP. With the possibilities to implant more than one auxiliary AI, add additional arms, a third eye, more ears, one more leg and integrate supporting organ parts, pawns with all these "enhancements" had no real threat to face anymore. While thinking about ways to counterbalance this new found abilities, I suddenly realized how rather boring the base game disease (IMHO) are. And while handling my "enhanced" pawns new abilities (at least a bit) with an increased hunger rate per installed arm/leg/eye/whatever, I began working on overhauling all base game diseases and integrating new diseases into this mod. These both parts became the biggest part of this mod.
Just before the end of expanding this mod, I included some new drugs to help all sick colonists with fighting off old but impoved and new found diseases.

Features (Overview)

Let's get down to the nitty-gritty, shall we? This modifications consist of roughly five parts:
1) Overhaul of all existing diseases and addition of new ones
2) Installation of new bodyparts (third eye, more arms, supporting organ parts, etc.) and some experimental brain surgery
3) Harvesting and reintegrating of all available bodyparts and replacing with surrogates
4) Additional drugs
5) Harvesting of mechanoid bodyparts for simple prosthetics

I tested everything at least a dozen times, but nevertheless everytime I found something to fix, change or tweak. So, please, give me feedback about decisions I made and bugs I've overlooked. I thank you in advance for your help and participation! :)

Features (in detail)

The following description may be more in detail than the previous paragraph, nevertheless it is only a short summary. Starting by the smallest mod part:

5) Harvest more mechanoid parts
You can now harvest more than blades from scythers. You can get light rezeptors, simple prosthetic arms, hands, legs and feet, artificial noses, brain stimulators and centipede tails. Some of these parts can be recived from both mechanoid versions, some only from scythers (like blades), others only from centipedes (like centipede tails).
Bionic limbs may at a first glance seem more logical - but, first, are way too OP to be harvested from mechanoids and, second, think about the designers of scythers and centipedes: they surely hadn't human anatomy in mind when designing these artificial beings.

4) New drugs
There are six new drugs in this mod included:
  • Detoxamin, a drug that reduces toxic sensitivity by isolating and incorporating toxins. Take one every two days. (No known sideeffects.)
  • Methylanphenamid, which increases awareness and learning ability. One use lasts three days. (Strongest effect on third day; may have strong sideeffects.)
  • Tranquiazepin. Immediatly releaves all stress after ingestion. Take one per day. (Highly addictive.)
  • Mortracain, a relatively strong painkiller. Used to treat moderate to serious pain. Take every two days. (May be addictive.)
  • Tritoxylon, which drastically boosts the metabolic system and therefore heavily increases the immune response - among other body functions. Take one every two days. (May have severe sideeffects.)
  • Good old vegetable broth. Eating one per day helps shaking of some diseases.
All drugs have individual research projects and can be created at the drug lab after finishing these - except the vegetable broth, which is neolithic techlevel recipe and can be created from the start at the stove. They also start at a high efficiency and lose there impact over time - except Methylanphenamid, which reaches it's peak efficiency at the third day after ingestion.

3) Harvest and reintegrate all available bodyparts or replace 'em with surrogates
Nearly every single bodypart is now harvestable (exceptions: shoulders, neck, skull, intestine). So you can replace every part your pawns might miss with freshly harvested natural equivalent (which needs to be stored as natural bodyparts start to rot after some time) - or you craft a surrogates to replace the missing part with. This also applies to all parts of the now expanded human body structure, which includes: fibulas, patellas, ulnas, a spleed and two lobes for your pawns liver.

2) Installation of new bodyparts and some experimental brain surgery
All those freshly harvested bodyparts can not only be used to replace missin bodyparts. They can also installed in previously "unused" locations:
  • a third eye for your pawns forehead, ...
  • two additional lobes for there lung, ...
  • an extra leg, "mounted" to there pelvis, ...
  • additional ventricles for there heart, ...
  • up to six additional arms, ...
  • two more ears, ...
  • an additional lobe for there liver, ...
  • and some new bodyparts more...
As your colonists bodies and brains aren't made for this, all extra parts have only a rather small impact on there abilities. Besides, every new part increases there hungerrate by 5% - this new flesh wants to be fed.
Extra parts aren't hittable. They are bound to specific connection points. If these points get destroyed or replaced, connected new parts are gone as well. For example: you can give colonists two new arm, connected to there pelvis. If there pelvis is destroyed, both arms are gone. This also happens, if you replace it with an artificial pelvis. If you replace connection points in an medical operation, you'll recive all parts back.
But not only natural limbs can be put on new locations: also bionics. And as these (at least in my imagination) have supporting VIs, they are a bit more effective at there rather unusual positions - and don't increase your pawns hungerrate.
To counterbalance all those possibilities, I reduced the effects of synthetic organs.
Please give me feedback regarding my decisions.

A highly experienced medic (medicine > 17) can perform some experimental brain surgery. Sometimes this won't have no effect at all. In other cases there might be one or more long-term effects resulting out of this. There's a ~50/50 chance your pawn gets a "good" result: some kind of Trauma Savant. Other pawns afterwards may suffer from some heavy case of, for example, death.

1) Overhaul of existing and addition of new diseases
This section is by far the biggest part of this mod. I changed every single disease in the game. Not in their fundamental principles. But they all now have some randomness factor. This way it depends not only on your pawns ability to shake a disease off. It is more ... how to say this? ... natural. One pawn gets a heavy case of flu, the other only a light infection.
Diseases now also aren't only a case of "sh*t or bust". For example: even if your pawns survived an infection with the plague, they may have encapsulated pathogens in their femur, spine or pelvis, which, at a later time, will cause a new outbreak of the dormant disease.
Also diseases can now cause secondary diseases or long-term conditions. Some, like the plague, may cause a benign growth as secondary disease. Sleeping sickness, on the other hand, now has a chance to cause a long-term condition: a damage to essential brainparts which has no immidient effect, but inevitably leads to a case of coma in the foreseeable future. From that your pawn may awake - maybe twenty days later. Maybe six or fifteen years later. Maybe never.

Changes to existing diseases, long-term conditions and injuries (in excerpts):
  • Wound infections - can now cause a severe sepsis, that is hard to cure (nearly impossible at a early stage of the game). The heavier the infection, the higher the chance for a sepsis. At later stages of the infection, other bodyparts, like your pawns internal organs or their brain, may take secondary damage, which again can cause future problems. At the latest stages, they may lapse into a coma.
  • Sleeping sickness - as previously mentioned, can cause a long-term condition that finally leads to a coma. The disease may also cause secondary damage to your pawns eyes or brain.
  • Plague - can cause the growth of benign tumors and may encapsulate itself in your pawns bones, causing additional benign growths or a new outbreak of the disease at a future time.
  • Malaria - may cause liver inflammations, secondary liver damage, coma and/or encapsulate itself into your pawns livers.
  • Hearing loss - now advance slowly over time and is now case of hearing one day and be deaf the next one.
  • Eyesight loss - same slow progress as hearing loss.
  • Frail - a similar slow progress as hearing and eyesight loss.
  • Bad back - a similar slow progress as hearing and eyesight loss.
  • Dementia - a similar slow progress as the four conditions above. At early stages (when reflective faculty is still given) can dementia cause cases of unease. At its last stage it will inevitably lead into a coma. Your pawn will not wake up again.
  • Alzheimer's - similar to dementia: at early stages (when reflective faculty is still given) can alzheimer's disease cause cases of unease. At its last stage it will inevitably lead into a coma. Your pawn will not wake up again.
  • Trauma Savant - there are now diffent versions of this long-term condition. All with the same negative effects, but varying positives.
  • Muscle parasites - can now encapsulate and come back at a later time.
  • Gut worms - their toxins may cause secondary damage to varying internal organs.
  • Injuries - have a higher chance of infection. Especially bite wounds!
  • Food poisoning - now lasts for around two days but loses its intensity over time.
  • Cryptosleep sickness - lasts a bit longe but losses its intensity over time, similar to food poisoning.
  • Flu - chance to cause secondary damage to lung heart and/or brain; at its latest stage: chance of coma.
  • Cirrhosis - slowly procedes over time until your pawns liver isn't of any use anymore.
  • Chemical damage - similar to cirrhosis: slowly procedes over time until your pawns organ isn't of any use anymore. If this organ was your pawns brain - well...
  • Carcinoma - spreads! The bigger its grown, the faster it spreads. You probably don't want your pawns to carry a carcinoma around over a longer time - except you just gave 'em order to dig their own grave. May also cause cases of unease.
  • Asthma - now can get way worser than before. If they reach the final stage (status asthmaticus), they will die. Has a chance to cause a coma at later stages (oxygen deficit).
  • Malnutrition - needs a bit more time to get dangerous.
  • Toxic buildup - get at a earlier stage dangerous. May not only cause dementia or carcinoma, but also coma and secondary damage.
  • Anesthetic - may cause coma or secondary damage to the brain.

PhileasFogg

New diseases, long-term conditions and injuries (descriptions are only short roundups; some diseases base on real ones and even share their name, others are completely made-up):
  • Induced coma - pawns can be put in an artificial coma. This may last either two days, five days, fifteen days, thirty days or an unknown duration (between fourty days and more than eighteen years. In their coma, they only need energy for their basal metabolism. So their hungerrate at an induced coma with an unknown duration is reduced to 65%. At shorter durations, the hunger rate is higher. The reason for this lies in an even higher immun response, the shorter the coma duration. This is no natural behaviour. It is (at least in my imagination) brought about by a medication mixture to help pawns, put in a short-term "healing" coma, to fight a severe illness off.
  • Stupor - can be caused by some drugs or a mental disease.
  • Unease - most often caused by a severe illnesse may this condition after some time lead to suicide preparations and probably to a pawn died by his/her own hand.
  • Stroke - similar progression as a heart attack - only in your pawns brain.
  • Acute appendicitis - gets fatal within a day. Better act fast.
  • Bardel syndrome - a severe mental long-term condition, that can be treated to be hold at bay. Reaches, if not properly treated, from a stage of almost symptom freedom, via a stage of light confusion, via mania, via frightening, through to furious anger. (uncurable)
  • Benign growth - a lighter version of the basegame carcinoma. Doesn't spread but hinders the organ/limb/whatever in its function.
  • Blood cancer - immature blood cells flood your pawns blood and increasingly hinder blood pumping and filtration. Leads to death untreated.
  • Campbell's disease - a moderate mental long-term condition, that can be treated to be hold at bay. Reaches, if not properly treated, from a stage of symptom freedom, via a stage of cognitive restraints, via hallucinations, via delusions, through to a catatonic stage. (uncurable)
  • Central pathway impairments - a secondary condition, that hinders manipulation and inevitably leads to coma from that your pawn will awake again - within days or years. (uncurable)
  • Cerebral artery stenosis - similar to heart artery blockage, but in the brain. (uncurable)
  • Chawbaeck's - slowly advancing sinew contractions. Afflicted hands or feet will someday be unusuable. (uncurable)
  • Coma - unlike an induced coma, this condition wasn't intended. Your pawns may or may not wake up again. (uncurable)
  • Common cold - a simple common cold. Can be catched at every biome.
  • Epstein-Barr virus, type C - an evolved version of the current EBV. Can cause blood cancer, toothache, carcinoma, benign growths, stomach ulcer, inflammations or dermal irritations (scratches). (uncurable)
  • Lymphatic mechanites - similar to sensory or fibrous mechanites. Boosts metabolism, blood pumping and filtration. Can be catched at every biome.
  • Brain worm - an evolved version of the measly tapeworm. Can cause dementia, central pathway impairments, coma and/or secondary brain damage.
  • Heart worm - an evolved version of the heartworm. Can cause secondary damage to the heart.
  • Lung worms - can cause secondary damage to the lung.
  • Hansen-Kampff disease - an acquired immunodeficiency. Your pawn will loss its ability to fight disease off over years. Causes necrosis from time to time. (uncurable)
  • Hepatitis K - evolved chronic hepatic inflammation. Fluctuates between extreme defensive immune response, which cause pain, hunger and exhaust your pawn, and extreme virus activity, that can cause cirrhosis, carcinoma and inflammations. Keep the disease at a balanced (and symptom-free) middle stage. (uncurable)
  • Hyperthyroidism - reduces your pawns need for rest, but increases hunger and social fighting chance. Reduces max. comfy temp., manipulation and bloodpumping. (uncurable)
  • Hypothyroidism - reduces your pawns hunger rate and social fighting chance, but increases their need for rest. Increases min. comfy temp., reduces consciousness and will cause unease from time to time. (uncurable)
  • Inflammation - can be caused by other disease or will occasionally appear. Can cause sepsis if not treated properly.
  • Kindred-Dick virus - can cause dermal irritations (scratches), inflammations and at later stages secondary damage to various bodyparts. Can be catched at nearly every biome; exceptions: temperate forest and tropical rainforest.
  • Migraine - a long-term condition similar to asthma. Causes severe pain and decreases sight, hearing and consciousness at higher stages.
  • Multiple sclerosis - fast or slowly reduces your pawns abilities until it inevitably leads to death. (uncurable)
  • Necrosis - needs to be cut out or it leads to a severe sepsis. Mostly caused by other diseases.
  • New Reschian fever - Will decrease your pawns max. comfy temp. and increase their psychic sensitivity as it increases in severity. Can cause eyesight loss, necrosis, migraine or (at its last stage) alzheimer's. Can be catched at every biome.
  • Osteoporosis - will slowly render your pawns bones useless. (uncurable)
  • Parkinsons - your pawn will get their ability to move or manipulate slowly reduced. May cause stupor and/or dementia. (uncurable)
  • Peripheral pathway obstruction - disturbs nerval communication and so reduces the efficiency of affected bodyparts. As a sideeffect reduces psychic sensitivity - because of disturbed nerval communication. (uncurable)
  • Psoriasis rimothica - an evolved version of the current psoriasis. Slowly covers the whole body. Causes mild pain and unease.
  • Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) - can be caused be traumatic events like a psychic shock or severe blood loss. Increases social fight chance and your pawns need for rest. Slightly reduces the pain factor and consciousness. Can cause unease and/or stupor.
  • Secondary damage - can only be caused by other disease to various bodyparts. May or may not slowly get worse.
  • Sepsis - a serious thread. Can cause necrosis and at later stages secondary damage to bodyparts. Can cause coma at the last stages. Will lead to death if not properly treated.
  • Stomach ulcer - will finally lead to a stomach carcinoma.
  • Suicide preparations - can only be cause be unease. May or may not lead to a suicide or a suicide attempt.
  • Toothache - can be treated. In some cases a tooth extracton may be necessary.
  • Tuberculosis - can encapsulate itself in various bodyparts and cause a new outbreak at a later time. May cause necrosis and/or secondary damage to the lung and can lead to a bad back (bone tuberculosis). Can be catched at every biome.
  • Voight-Bernstein disease - will cause inflammations and create Voight-Bernstein tumors at other bodyparts, which themself can cause new Voight-Bernstein tumors. The disease itself is non-lethal. But the tumors will finally destroy affected bodyparts. Has the potential to get out off hand quickly. Can be catched at many biomes; exceptions: boreal forest, tundra, ice sheet and sea ice.

How to get those diseases?

1) Many of them are "birthday events". This means (AFAIK), once in a year your pawn has a chance to get a disease. In the basegame this could be: alzheimer's, dementia, bad back, cataract, hearing loss, frail, carcinoma, asthma or heart artery blockage (correct me, if I'm wrong or forget some disease).
Now this can also be: toothache, acute appendicitis, inflammation, Epstein-Barr virus, Hepatitis K, Hansen-Kampff disease, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, psoriasis, blood cancer, peripheral pathway obstruction, multiple sclerosis, Campbells disease, Bardel syndrome, stomach ulcer, benign growth, necrosis, Chawbaeck's, osteoporosis, parkinson's, migraine or cerebral artery stenosis.

2) Additionally some disease are cause by others - for example, Epstein-Barr virus can and will cause blood cancer, extreme blood loss can cause PTSD.

3) Other disease are biome events, like the plague, flu, malaria, etc. New biome diseases are: common cold, lymphatic mechanites, brain worm, heart worm, lung worms, Kindred-Dick virus, New Reschian fever, Tuberculosis and Voight-Bernstein disease. Have a look at there description above to see in which biomes they appear.

Additional basegame chances

Penoxycilin: is also effectiv in preventing infections with tuberculosis, Kindred-Dick virus and Voight-Bernstein disease.

diseaseVictimFractionRange: all biome diseases now only infect between 10% and 30% of your population. In basegame this would be 20% to 50% of your pawns.

withdrawal: some drug withdrawals (GoJuice, Yayo, Flake, WakeUp) now may cause a stupor.

alcohol tolerance: now has a low chance to cause dementia.

life expectancy: as this game plays 3.000 years in the future, there should (at least in my imagination) have happend some increase in life expectancy. So I increased it from 80 to 95 years.

Known issues
  • "Crafted Mutants" depends on EPOE. Put it after EPOE in your modlist.
  • It is not compatible with old savegames as this mod changes the layout of human bodies.
  • As with other mods of this kind (limb harvesting): you can game the system. If you want to harvest hundreds and hundreds of finger by removing an arm after completing a harvest and the reinstalling it to harvest additional five fingers, you can do this. If it's this what makes you enjoy RimWorld, then do it. If it's not, don't do it.

Mod list order

If you're using all three mods, please ensure that the part of your mod list, which includes these, looks like this:

Downloads

Extended Human Body Simulation (v1.1.0)

Diseases overhauled (v1.2.0)

Crafted Mutants (v1.0.0)

Please inform me, if you happen to find some bugs or incompatibilities. I thank you in advance!

History
Crafted Mutants v1.0.0 - Initial release

-

Diseases overhauled v1.2.0 - Fixed some bugs; drastically reduced chances for diseases to appear; infectiosity of bite, burn and frostbite wounds reduced; lowered sepsis severity a tad.
Diseases overhauled v1.1.0 - Split "Diseases overhauled" in three mods; fixed some bugs.
Diseases overhauled v1.0.0 - Initial release

-

Extended Human Body Simulation v1.1.0 - Fixed a bug; included suggested names for unused modul slots.
Extended Human Body Simulation v1.0.0 - Initial release

PhileasFogg

[A17] Phileas' trusted mod maintenance station
(Maintained mods until their authors will eventually come back...)

faltonico

It looks MASSIVE!
I'll definitely give this a try!
I might be getting blind though, i can't find the download link xD

Warforyou

And what about Rahs bionics and surgery compatibility? Its EPOE of sorts after all, but...

PhileasFogg

Good evening.

@faltonico:
Have a look at the bottom of the second post. :)

@Warforyou:
To be honest: I don't know. I never used Rahs. Give it a try with a new colony. All disease won't be affected be EPOE or Rahs. It's only the part with the additional bodyparts. If Rahs uses the same labels as EPOE, all should be fine.
If you encounter errors, please tell me. I'm by no means an expert at this stuff, but maybe I can help. :)

Sincerely

Phileas

kaptain_kavern

Astounding works!

I can't wait to try this one.

There is no Lupus! Doctor House :p

PhileasFogg

Good evening, kaptain_kavern.

Thank you for your kind words. Some feedback after testing would be really appreciated! :)

Sincerely

Phileas

admiralKew

Can't wait to try this out!

A question though, as some of the diseases and symptoms affect socialization. Will these conflict with Linq's Psychology in any form?

I also forgot to ask: will this also conflict with Fluffy's Birds and Bees mod?

faltonico

Quote from: PhileasFogg on July 04, 2017, 05:35:57 PM
Good evening.

@faltonico:
Have a look at the bottom of the second post. :)
Blind indeed -_-'
Thanks!

Given that it looks like you modified a lot of the base game, would you update your original post with that information? like the new base chance for infection and if it still behaves the same as in the base game in A17, how do pawns get the new diseases and the chances of getting them, and how many of the are affected by them at the same time.

BTW the multiple limb stuff but is sure looks creepy xD!

Napple

Have you considered hosting the other mods you made or updated on this thread?

notfood

Adalah217

I love it! Tons of new content! Can't use this mod though, as I use Rah's Bionics and Surgery Expansion, but I can understand why you choose EPOE.

Edit: quick note, saw your post above, and I'll see if it's compatible. As far as I'm aware, Rah and EPOE uses a lot of the same hooks, so it's possible.

My biggest complaint is the grammatical and spelling errors (incurable instead uncurable, sideeffects being one word, Immediatly, and a few others).

On a content level, I think I would feel better if most (if not all) diseases could be cured with Luciferium or an extremely skilled doctor with glitterworld medicine. For example, hyperthyroidism. This can be treated with modern medicine today in real life, and even 'cured'. I think it would be interesting if you actually left some diseases incurable though, like a coma or Bardel's, so a doctor wouldn't be able to solve all the world's problems anyways.

Overall, well developed mod :D

edit2: Oh and you're the person that updated DTC's mods for A17! Thanks for that! Not sure how much effort it took, but I appreciate you looking into it. I may or may not throw out a compatibility patch for combat extended, similar to the patch I made for combat realism. We'll see :P

edit3: Tried with Rah's. Quite a few errors, such as

"Could not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.ThingDef named SurrogateLung found to give to Verse.HediffDef SurrogateLung"

Which is obvious, as well as

"Could not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.ResearchProjectDef named BrainSurgery found to give to Verse.RecipeDef InstallConstructorCore"

Easy fixes, but would require a patch to get Rah's to work here. However, the game does run with both installed on a new map. This is in addition to Combat Extended, but I didn't sift through all the errors, so there might be more problems I didn't immediately spot.

SpaceDorf

AFAIK the difference between Rah and EPOE are some recepies and some implants.
The Bodymodel is the same since Rah based his mod on EPOE.

So there should be no real problems in general.

The better question is Birds and Bees :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.