[A17] Phileas' trusted mod & maintenance station (Update: 2017-07-08)

Started by PhileasFogg, July 04, 2017, 04:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

faltonico

Infections starts at 50% (major) and immunity from 1% once discovered.
How are we supposed to heal that? I really don't know how in a starting colony -_-'

sidfu

your missing

<recipeUsers>
   <li>Human</li>
</recipeUsers>

for recipes

faltonico

I ended up uninstalling diseases overhauled =/
Too many diseases popping up on visitors, raiders caravans (pawns in general), overwhelming infection rate and progression. The focus of the game changes completely to an ER simulator xD
The specific feedback i can give you is this, and i hope you don't mind, feel free to take it or not:
- Enable the infection warning again (though i haven't tested if that being disabled is a mod conflict, as i haven't got confirmation from your side if that is an intended feature or not).
- Infection should start gaining immunity the second it appears, even if the infection is undiscovered (so you don't start the race 50% behind). I don't mind the higher infection rate, but the final chance of a injury getting infected (bleeding ones only!) should take into account the kind of treatment you gave to that injury, it shouldn't be the same treating a bite (flat 65% chance for infection) with a level 0 doctor and herbal medicine than with a 20 doc with glitterworld.
- Reduce the overall occurrence of diseases in pawns. Now that are much more kind of diseases i feel it is even more difficult to find healthy pawns out there (and most of the new diseases are crippling... toothache being the most common or more noticeable -_-' ).
- Make it so all the new drugs are unlocked with Penoxycyline Production.

That is it, i hope you don't mind me blabbering against your work, it is noticeable the amount of thought and work you have poured on this and i really do appreciate the effort.

PhileasFogg

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.

First of all: please excuse the long delay - I've been really busy with...
a) ...real life and...
b) ...learning to program (again).
Thank you for your tipps again, Marvin. They brought me on the right track. It is fascinating how skills I obtained decades ago, and of which I thought that they were gone for good, now rumble back to life again. ;)

@TA1980:
To be honest: I don't know if it is compatible with "Combat Extended". If you tried it, please share your experience!
The increase in sensitivity wasn't intended! Thank you for your feedback. I corrected that behaviour. The download on the first page should include the corrected (is this the right word?) file in approximated 24hrs.

@Wley:
There's no reason for that. :)

@Arira:
Yes, this is correct. Penoxycilin only prevents new infections, it doesn't cure existing ones. At the moment: only patience. But I'm working on an small expansion which will make many diseases curable - with some afford. It will take some time until I finish it.

@Lennbolt7:
This is really strange! Did this happen in an existing save? How about, if you start a new game? I didn't intent this at all.
Is anyone else experience a similiar behaviour?

@sidfu:
Yes, this is a rimworld problem I addressed in the "Known issues" section. If you don't want to game the system, don't do it.
Thank you very much for your help! I'll include your tipps and helps in the release in 24hrs.

@flonz:
That depends on the dice your pawn rolled. There are two types of coma, and I intentionally didn't include a way to find out which occured to your colonist. From the top of my head: 2 in 3 cases of coma will wake up, 1 won't. The duration until a colonist wakes up, reaches from around 40 days to 20 years.

@faltonico:
To me, faltonico, your post is, without an intent to degrade other posts or there authors, more worth than ten posts with kind words. Your and everyone elses critics (I hope this word has a similar, evocating and energizing meaning in your language as it has in mine) are the foundation on which I can improve my mod! So, thank you (and everyone else) very much for your help!
- And you're right: I drastically increase the occurence of disease as I only copied the probabilities to more and more diseases, but didn't really decrease it. I will half the odds.
- The infection alert I didn't disable - at least I hope so. But I gave some diseases a hidden start. I will have a look into that. Thanks.
- Infection rate is a really difficult point. In my oppionion, it is way to low in rimworld. For example: surgical cut doesn't have a chance at all to get infected.
Bite wounds had (again, from the top of my head) around 20-30%. But before I cite (I'm sorry if this word dosn't fit here, I don't know a better one) some points about bite wounds and invite you to a counter statement, I'll focus on the point "0 Skill and some herbs against a high class doctor with glitterword medicine": I really would like to include a way to take that into account! But I couldn't find any, that doen't need an assembly. If you of somebody else knows a way to account that, please let me know. I will happily include it!
Some points to bite wounds I collect for infection rate balancing:
Bite wounds are by var the most infectious wounds one person can get. For example we humans have nowhere that much germs in our body than in our mouth cavity - around fifty different species! Bite wounds caused by dogs have an infectiosity between 5% and 8 %. Those of cats around 50%. A human bite wound has an infectiosity between 30 and 80% (depending on location, depth, etc.). Especially dangerous are so called "fight-bite clenched fist" injuries, where one opponents fist hits the other ones teeth (so technically not a real "bite" wound) and gets injured. After opening the fist, those wounds "close" (they arn't visible anymore). Those wounds have a high lethality or at least may lead to amputation if not treated properly within 12(!) hrs. Some creatures like the Komodo dragon even utilize these facts for there advantage by injuring there prey with one bite and wait until it died from the infection. I don't know how the high the infectiosity of an average bite infection caused through wildlife is. A collegue of mine got bitten by I common house spider in his left leg some years ago, got an at first silent sepsis which then caused a necroses which finally forced the surgeon to cut a more than fist sized chunk out of its leg - it looks really creepy - not like Dr. House but not far from that. His doctor later told him that complication caused by spider bites or mosquito bite arn't that uncommon. People just don't know it. And I don't life in australia - I'm here in the midst of europe.
Dangerous are deep wounds, especially if they are small and not broad. The teeth take the germs deep into the body - similar to needles or syringes - and the body tissue encloses them after the teeth left the wound. So an infection can unfold, while the wound itself at first seams to heal.
I will think about reducing infection rates. Probably 50% for bite wounds and 40% for burn or frostbite wounds. Please tell me what you think and know regarding this topic.
- About your suggestion in regard of medical research: everything with only one research seams a bit much. I may reduce the number of research projects, so that two/three meds will be researched with one project. Will have a look into that. :)

Again thank you all for your feedback! You're helping me a lot with that.

Sincerely

Phileas

alkor

Quote from: sidfu on July 18, 2017, 12:43:12 AM
your missing

<recipeUsers>
   <li>Human</li>
</recipeUsers>

for recipes

Not really. They're correctly defined in parent defs.

TA1980

Dear PhileasFogg,

so far I have encountered no problems while running your mod with CE. (Though I do not know whether there are some hidden quirky interactions).

Anyways, your mod is great adding depth and immersion to the game!!!

Regards

faltonico

@PhileasFogg
I feel kind of bad for bothering you =S
But as you are ok with me blabbering, i'm glad i did it xD
- Regarding the infection alert, if you didn't disabled it, it is probably a mod messing that around on my side, i'll look into it (but it might take a while... i have a metric fuckload of mods).
- I don't mind the hidden infections and the higher chances, but starting with 0 immunity is really hard to beat, i play with Cassandra extreme (i don't know if that made it worst), i lost 3 pawns really really fast to infections. And starting with the "Seeds please" mod made it nearly impossible. Regarding taking into account the treatment quality, I bet it is hard to do, no need for you to do it now xD
- And i suggested unlocking all of the new drugs with Penoxycyline because those drugs are the ones that can help you with infections, the faster you can have them, the better. But one additional research to unlock all the new ones is not so bad either.

Keep doing such a great job!, apparently i am the only one not so comfortable with those changes, so you are doing great xD
I'll keep an eye on this thread in case you do decide to update.

sheidula

Hey, I love the idea of adding extra arms, but so far i havent been able to. The only other mod that might change something ( i dont know if it does) is alien races, but i cant enhance humans either. I have all 4 mods in the correct order, and the diseases, medication and extra body bits are implemented and working. Any advice? thanks

velve

Quote from: PhileasFogg on July 19, 2017, 07:59:46 PM

@faltonico:

- And you're right: I drastically increase the occurence of disease as I only copied the probabilities to more and more diseases, but didn't really decrease it. I will half the odds.

Sincerely

Phileas

Yes please, Great mod, but I will have to agree that the occurrence of diseases on world pawns is way too high.

Just spinning the randomize pawn button yields a 1/3 probability of a life threatening debilitating sickness on every pawn spun.

This balance is really difficult on for instance a tribal start where bandage kits are needed to cure "Toothache" my pawn is just debilitated the entire time.

Please continue the great work and take these criticisms to heart with your great mod!

AZ931104

Hey, dearest author!

Could you PLEASE make it compatible with EdB's Prepare Carefully? Loved the mod, but Prepare Carefully is a must-have for me and I would absolutely enjoy having both.

Keep up the good work.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 08, 2017, 02:51:09 PM
Quote from: PhileasFogg on July 08, 2017, 02:23:38 PM

@SpaceDorf:
Well, talking about trust, I need to be honest. Therefore we need to look at prior statements of mine and to examine that specific mod.
I used this mod myself for quite some time but, as some people already stated in the related thread, it isn't really reliable. On the other hand, I don't have any real C# skills. Maybe this will change in the future. But at the moment I don't - and this mod relies on an assembly. So, despite that I don't have the source code for that mod and don't seem to be able to download the mod (download link leads nowere), this would not only mean, that this mod has to be updated but also maintained.
Taking these points into consideration, the only honest answer can be: no.
But I've seen in Rainbeau's thread that you're a person with a habit for collecting things. If you happen to have the source code, I will use it as a training - but I can't promise you anything. What do you say? :)

Sincerely

Phileas

Thanks for being honest and considering the Idea.
I have to check the collection, there might be something in there.

It took me a while, I fount the mod only installed in my A16 version of Rimworld.
But it's only DLLs, no Source Code :(

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

ZE

i haven't tried this mod yet, just read the description so forgive me but

imho additional parts should be 100% efficient, just lower your conciousness due to making ur brain work hard.  then use parts derived from artificial brains to boost conciousness

SpaceDorf

Quote from: flonz on July 26, 2017, 11:45:14 PM
Sepsis is really really strong, its basically a death sentence even with good medicine and hospital bed. I looked at the code and the treated immunity gain is always lower than disease progression. Is that intended or could you nerf it so there is at least a fighting chance.

I found that out too, because I also did not really find a way to treat sepis.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Saebbi

I really like the idea of the mods, but when loading them in the shown mod order, even with Core activated as only "mod" other than them, Crafted Mutants doesn't seem to work.
I can't see the surgeries for harvesting nor installing the new bodyparts, but I can use EPOE normally.
When loading without EPOE i can see the surgeries, but it's shown to me that i can install bionic arms and auxiliary AI's when I just started the game.
I'd really appreciate an answer, as it really bugs to not be able to use this mods.
I'm super duper cereal!

kelvinkelvin

For some reason I cant add any extra limbs to my pawns with crafted mutants, I got the mods: extended human bodies and EPEO (70 more but not usefull for now since it doesnt work without those 70 either) but it doesnt want to add any extra organs and limbs. The only thing  I can do is a experimental brain surgery and it doesnt do anything, (did it a few times but the only things that happen is death or trauma).