[A17] RimSearch - For finding stuff thought lost

Started by ChJees, July 05, 2017, 07:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChJees

Ever wanted to easily find a certain item after a trade on the map or where one of your named animals are? Then this mod is for you!

Default keybinding for opening the search window is 'Z'. Can be rebound.

Search for:
*Pawns by name or kind.
*Pawns belonging to colony.
*Things by their name.
*Across multiplie maps.
*Planet locations by name.
*With one click you can go to your pawn, thing or location!

Credits:
ChJees – Concept, C# & XML

Screenshots: 1 | 2 | 3

Dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/547140/Rimworld/RimSearch.zip
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=964675612

Source Code: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/547140/Rimworld/RimSearch-src.zip

Update: Updated again which fixed a bug when trying to use the search in the Planet map view with no colony map or event map open and also added translations and settings!

Also translations for languages other than English and Swedish are appreciated :D . Will be added to credits as a translator if you do.

Update: Fixed a derp which allowed you to see hidden (fogged) items and pawns.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

wwWraith

Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

SpaceDorf

I think A17 is becoming the Awesome-QoL-Mods Edition
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

kaptain_kavern

moonra

ChJees

Updated the mod which allowed you to see hidden (fogged) items and pawns. Also as a bonus i finally included the source code. It uses my usual license which allow you to use it as a base for your own mod and pick pieces of code you like for your mod.

BlackSmokeDMax

ChJees

Updated again, check OP for more info.

Also i am looking for translators for languages other than English and Swedish. Will add you to the credits for a translation :) .

faltonico

Hi!
I have to thank you for this mod, it is incredibly useful!
I bumped with this error though, when imputing text inside the search window of your mod:
Exception filling window for RimSearch.UI.SearchWindow: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimSearch.Logic.SearchQuery+<>c__DisplayClass16_0.<ParseSearchTerm>b__4 (RimWorld.Planet.WorldObject worldObject) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimSearch.Logic.SearchQuery.ExecuteWorldObject (RimWorld.Planet.WorldObject worldObject) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimSearch.Logic.SearchQuery.ExecuteWorldMap (RimWorld.Planet.World world) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimSearch.Logic.SearchQuery.Execute () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimSearch.UI.SearchWindow.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C5.<>m__1B1 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C5:<>m__1B1(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Is it that it cannot find a particular sprite for an item?
Anyway, I cannot dismiss the possibility of it being a mod conflict, I have already found another mod that was causing GUI problems and managed to uninstall it, but this particular error keeps happening.
Thank you for your work!

aemeyer

Looks like the dropbox file links are either broken or the file got moved/hidden.
Which sucks because I play on large maps and searching for all the animals of specific types can take a few minutes.

TOWC

Wow. The idea itself is amazing, but being a thing? Marvelous. Does the list of items include specific art pieces that you've already sold to someone?

Rock5

ChJees, are you planning to update this for B18?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Rock5

I updated this mod for B18. Here's the link.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37177

And for those who still use A17 and don't have access to steam, here is the A17 version copied directly from steam.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport