[A17] Mines - balanced mining

Started by AngleWyrm, July 05, 2017, 09:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngleWyrm

Mines ~ A balanced approach

Pawns working at these mines collect $7.523 silver/hour in resources.
You pick the resource, and the pawn will work for enough time to earn it.
Build as many as you like for all your miners.

Downloads
Mines on github

Incompatibilities
Interactions with Help tab and Improved Work Bench produce errors when used with Mines mod

License
Public Domain - do with it as you please
Mod packs and alternate download sites are welcome.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

AngleWyrm

Update
Corrected an error in the price of uranium ~ set to 3.40 silver/unit. Pawns mining uranium take the appropriate amount of time to dig it up, about half an hour (0:28).

Also, the Rimworld mechanics treat compacted machinery as a mine-able resource in a way that creates a lore similar to Oblivion, Fallout and Borderlands. At $21 silver/unit, components would be the most expensive mine-able resource, taking 2.8hr (2:50) to extract one.

Halcyel

Can you please put some images? Is a placeable object? =O

JT

https://github.com/AngleWyrm/Mines/blob/master/Textures/Mineshaft.png

It's a placeable object.  Similar in principle to the quarry mod or the deep core drill but more specific and lower tech.

Halcyel

AngleWyrm

Picture added, and yes they're place-able buildings with a spot for someone to work at.

Also updated the mod to include mining compacted machinery from the depths of Rimworld's ancient history.

Canute

Very nice !!
Too bad minions still can't work at these.

GngBngBus

For some reason my colonist will always prefer to go across the map to mine steel rather then going to the mine behind their homes pls help

Lerin

Can you use sprites for mines from you first post, and do mine size 5x4 or something like that ?

And btw, very nice idea :D

freaky89

leeadriancatfox

AngleWyrm

Quote from: GngBngBus on July 06, 2017, 10:57:53 AM
For some reason my colonist will always prefer to go across the map to mine steel rather then going to the mine behind their homes pls help
Today's update
When pawns think about doing a mining job they'll consider going to the mines with a higher priority.

Quote from: Lerin on July 06, 2017, 11:19:33 AM
Can you use sprites for mines from you first post, and do mine size 5x4 or something like that ?
Incorporated clipart from first post as the in-game image for the mines, and increased the size to occupy a 3x3 space.

Quote from: leeadriancatfox on July 06, 2017, 09:55:14 PM
Does it mine cupro's alloys?
Added as feature request, so that mining can extract the base resources Copper, Lead, Tin and Aluminum.

GngBngBus

Umm, how do you set priorities? i'm a total noob at this game

AngleWyrm

The priority referenced above is an under-the-hood part of the way pawns think about stuff; it's one input hint from the mod developer to the pawn about how to choose their next task.

Players also have a priority system to give input to the pawn's thinking about what to do next, the Work Tab.

Here's a video of Fluffy's Work Tab.

GngBngBus

never mind i had most of the stuff at 1 :p now it's working