[A17] Mines - balanced mining

Started by AngleWyrm, July 05, 2017, 09:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

faltonico

Quote from: AngleWyrm on August 12, 2017, 10:01:24 PM
-snip-
By combining the two lists, the resulting group has been narrowed down to 24 mods (half the duplicates list). The maximum number of trials necessary to locate one problematic mod out of a set of 24 is the ceiling of log(24)/log(2) = 5.

So it should take a maximum of five tests to sort it out, by testing half the remaining set at a time.
It only took me one try... i looked for possible candidates, those being the changing bills mods, and Improved workbench management was the one doing the most changes.

AngleWyrm

Team awesome has done it!

Attached is my working mod list. It was the improved work bench mod that was creating a weird build menu interaction. I've added it to the incompatibles list in the first post.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

AngleWyrm

Bug fix for save games not loading

The recipes created during setup with RecipeDefs.Add(recipe) weren't being recognized during save game loading operations. Why is still a mystery.

To correct the problem, I've reverted the recipe mechanism to using Defs/recipes.xml; this fixes the bug with loading saved games, but eliminates creating recipes on the fly, which means only the vanilla recipes are available out of the box.

It's an unfortunate change, but breaking save games is a critical error that had to be quickly addressed.

KLk

Quote from: AngleWyrm on August 11, 2017, 04:19:20 PM
Quote from: KLk on August 11, 2017, 01:59:33 PM
same bug with the bills i only can save the mine removing the bills before saving

Same reply to the mod incompatibility problem: attaching your active modsConfig.xml will produce a population of those files that will narrow down the incompatibility.

So far there is one file. Care to contribute yours?
i don't think is a mod problem it worked fine untill i updated the mod... And i ont know how to do what you want from me, tell me how and i will give it to you (TNXS)
PS the bills still there but i can't see them or the pawns work, with new bills (i can start new one) it looks like it put one in the queue but the pawns cant work so it doesn't matter

AngleWyrm

Quote from: KLk on August 17, 2017, 09:59:53 AM
i don't think is a mod problem it worked fine until i updated the mod... And i don't know how to do what you want from me, tell me how and i will give it to you
Do you have the mod Help tab or the mod Improved Work Benches installed? There were compatibility issues with those two mods. Since the reversion those issues might no longer be present, but I haven't tested for that.

Hydromancerx

You going to add the ability to mine other mod's minerals?

KLk

Quote from: AngleWyrm on August 17, 2017, 10:15:00 AM
Quote from: KLk on August 17, 2017, 09:59:53 AM
i don't think is a mod problem it worked fine until i updated the mod... And i don't know how to do what you want from me, tell me how and i will give it to you
Do you have the mod Help tab or the mod Improved Work Benches installed? There were compatibility issues with those two mods. Since the reversion those issues might no longer be present, but I haven't tested for that.
noope, just prothesis
http://imgur.com/a/B13sE

PixelBitZombie

Possibly I placed it in a wrong area but when I click bills, nothing is in the section. It's empty. I wanted to try this mod and compare it to Quarry. If it's a research.. man I guess I need to dig a little further and try to find it.
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

Sam Gray

Quote from: PixelBitZombie on August 17, 2017, 02:05:31 PM
Possibly I placed it in a wrong area but when I click bills, nothing is in the section. It's empty. I wanted to try this mod and compare it to Quarry. If it's a research.. man I guess I need to dig a little further and try to find it.

There seems to be something lacking in mines.xml def file.
There are no recipes defined for the building, I added the recipes similar to the older versions of the mod and everything got fixed and also my modded material recipe which I added the patch for got added too.

Adding this to the mines.xml under inspectorTabs fixed the issue for me:

<recipes>
         <li>Excavate_Steel</li>
         <li>Excavate_Plasteel</li>
         <li>Excavate_Uranium</li>
         <li>Excavate_Silver</li>
         <li>Excavate_Gold</li>
         <li>Excavate_Jade</li>
      </recipes>

AngleWyrm

PixelBitZombie

Quote from: CyanSam on August 17, 2017, 02:50:10 PM
Quote from: PixelBitZombie on August 17, 2017, 02:05:31 PM

Put those in the xml file and worked, thanks bud!
There seems to be something lacking in mines.xml def file.
There are no recipes defined for the building, I added the recipes similar to the older versions of the mod and everything got fixed and also my modded material recipe which I added the patch for got added too.

Adding this to the mines.xml under inspectorTabs fixed the issue for me:

<recipes>
         <li>Excavate_Steel</li>
         <li>Excavate_Plasteel</li>
         <li>Excavate_Uranium</li>
         <li>Excavate_Silver</li>
         <li>Excavate_Gold</li>
         <li>Excavate_Jade</li>
      </recipes>
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

zomb1

Quote from: AngleWyrm on August 17, 2017, 07:19:56 PM
Added CyanSam's bug fix

Its great to know its fixed, but i have used an older verion and now i cannot load my quite long savegame.. any way to open it without the mod or with the updated version? i get this error if i use the new version instead of the old:

Could not load reference to Verse.ThingDef named Mineshaft

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

SaveableFromNode exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Thing.ExposeData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.ExposeData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Building_WorkTable.ExposeData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ScribeExtractor.SaveableFromNode[Thing] (System.Xml.XmlNode subNode, System.Object[] ctorArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Subnode:
<thing Class="Building_WorkTable"><def>Mineshaft</def><id>Mineshaft64016</id><map>0</map><pos>(128, 0, 133)</pos><health>80</health><stuff>WoodLog</stuff><faction>Faction_20</faction><billStack><bills><li Class="Bill_Production"><recipe>Excavate_Plasteel</recipe><allowedSkillRange>0~20</allowedSkillRange><ingredientFilter><disallowedSpecialFilters /><allowedDefs /><allowedHitPointsPercents>0~1</allowedHitPointsPercents><allowedQualityLevels>Awful~Legendary</allowedQualityLevels></ingredientFilter><repeatCount>1</repeatCount><targetCount>10</targetCount><repeatMode>RepeatCount</repeatMode><storeMode>BestStockpile</storeMode><unpauseWhenYouHave>5</unpauseWhenYouHave></li></bills></billStack></thing>

AngleWyrm

Quote from: zomb1 on August 27, 2017, 08:59:05 AM
but i have used an older verion and now i cannot load my quite long savegame..

All versions of the mod can be downloaded from the github release page. So if you need a copy of an older version, it's available.

In addition, the version numbers are the date of release, so that can help identify when your save game was saved and so which version number was just prior to that date.

Golden

Will this mod work with Beta 18?

Edited to add:  Nope!  So . . . could we get an update for this for Beta 18?

Kalre

Id love this mod even more if the graphics where more vanilla friendly