[A17] Mines - balanced mining

Started by AngleWyrm, July 05, 2017, 09:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sirsim

Quote from: AngleWyrm on July 19, 2017, 02:10:11 PM

Quote from: Sirsim on July 19, 2017, 01:48:47 PM
There is something that i probably miss cause i only get the bills for the standard metals without cupro's alloys patch.
The patch was for an older version of Mines, before implementing a search feature. It is depreciated as no longer necessary.

This is the list of mine-able resources that I see in-game when using Mines version 17-7-19 with Cupro's Alloys version 17.10

Are you using the Help Tab mod? There's an incompatibility (mentioned in the first post) between the two that makes searches fail.

A-ha! The help mod. I tried everything (many things to try with 98 mods installed) till i started to feel stupid (blind seems that fits better) and retreated to old version+patch.
Thanks again.
True self and happiness lies in the space between two thoughts.

Sirsim

I am getting multiple errors when i try to load a game with mines build on it and game does not load. When i load a save before i build them everything is ok. It is is strange as i didn't have errors with the new version till now.
I attached a screenshot of the errors. 

EDIT 1
I loaded mines as the only mod, i started a game , build a mine and set a bill of gold.
Saved and can't load the game . I am getting the same errors as above but this time with gold in it.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

AngleWyrm

It appears to be a recent removal of the mods that create those resources (EXP_Lead, Ind_Copper).

A couple options are:
  • re-install those mods (looks like Cupro's Alloys and maybe Industrialization)
  • quit to desktop and restart to clear out recent configuration data

Rimworld seems to maintain some old/outdated information even after a mod has been removed.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Plasmatic

Does this mod support Glittertech? Aka, Titanium? or would that require a patch?

Using the quick and dirty update of core drill atm, but it's doing some funky stuff with pawns and jobs (can't speak to traders anymore after working on it)

Looks like this could be the mod to replace that one :)

All I want is the ability to mine the base resources, Stone, and Titanium.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: Plasmatic on July 25, 2017, 06:06:59 AM
Does this mod support Glittertech? Aka, Titanium? or would that require a patch?

Yes it supports GlitterTech out of the box with no patching necessary; this mod searches for mine-able resources at game start and adds them to the mining bills, so it should support any mod that adds things that can be mined from deep underground.

The screeny on the left is with Glittertech and Cupro's Alloys installed.

raisermrk2

good mod but it theres a big problem where the save wont load after building a mine
and using it

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Reoxur on July 26, 2017, 06:44:16 AM
The current graphic / artwork of the mine is a little too cartoony and perspective is off, would be better if it fit the art style of Rimworld.

Don't listen to him .. rather add animals and tumble-weed.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Sirsim

Quote from: raisermrk2 on July 25, 2017, 10:50:21 PM
good mod but it theres a big problem where the save wont load after building a mine
and using it

I have the same problem and forced to uninstall the mod although i love how it 'transforms' mining.
Something got corrupted cause i can't load a game with a mine build in it.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: Sirsim on July 26, 2017, 09:03:50 AM
and using it
I have the same problem and forced to uninstall the mod although i love how it 'transforms' mining.

How unfortunate.
I can only work on issues that I can reproduce, so please attach your ModConfig.xml that I may look into the matter.

mrsebseb

Quote from: AngleWyrm on July 26, 2017, 01:10:06 PM
Quote from: Sirsim on July 26, 2017, 09:03:50 AM
and using it

How unfortunate.
I can only work on issues that I can reproduce, so please attach your ModConfig.xml that I may look into the matter.

Having this issue as well. Set it up to mine steel. Now the game won't load:

Could not load reference to Verse.RecipeDef named Excavate_Steel
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.ScribeExtractor:DefFromNode(XmlNode)
Verse.Scribe_Defs:Look(RecipeDef&, String)
RimWorld.Bill:ExposeData()
RimWorld.Bill_Production:ExposeData()
Verse.ScribeExtractor:SaveableFromNode(XmlNode, Object[])
Verse.Scribe_Collections:Look(List`1&, Boolean, String, LookMode, Object[])
Verse.Scribe_Collections:Look(List`1&, String, LookMode, Object[])
RimWorld.BillStack:ExposeData()
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look(BillStack&, Boolean, String, Object[])
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look(BillStack&, String, Object[])
RimWorld.Building_WorkTable:ExposeData()
Verse.Map:ExposeData()
Verse.Game:LoadGame()
Verse.SavedGameLoader:LoadGameFromSaveFile(String)
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__84F()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

Exception in FinalizeLoading(): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.Bill.GetUniqueLoadID () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LoadedObjectDirectory.RegisterLoaded (ILoadReferenceable reffable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.CrossRefHandler.ResolveAllCrossReferences () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ScribeLoader.FinalizeLoading () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.ScribeLoader:FinalizeLoading()
Verse.Game:LoadGame()
Verse.SavedGameLoader:LoadGameFromSaveFile(String)
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__84F()

Exception from asynchronous event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.Bill.GetUniqueLoadID () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LoadedObjectDirectory.RegisterLoaded (ILoadReferenceable reffable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.CrossRefHandler.ResolveAllCrossReferences () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ScribeLoader.FinalizeLoading () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Could not execute post-long-event action. Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Map.get_TileInfo () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Map.get_Biome () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.AmbientSoundManager.RecreateMapSustainers () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Not sure if a full list of my 194 mods would help so I'll refrain from posting it for now.

Update: I can reproduce the error with nothing but this mod, Hugslib and Mod List Backup.
Just started a new game, set down a mine, set a bill to mine steel. Save. On load it throws the error.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: mrsebseb on July 27, 2017, 07:45:02 AM
Not sure if a full list of my 194 mods would help so I'll refrain from posting it for now.

Not sure if I can help without that that file attachment so I'll refrain from further comment for now.

mrsebseb

Quote from: AngleWyrm on July 27, 2017, 08:39:46 AM

Not sure if I can help without that that file attachment so I'll refrain from further comment for now.

OK, since you clearly missed it:
Update: I can reproduce the error with nothing butthis mod, Hugslib and Mod List Backup.
Just started a new game, set down a mine, set a bill to mine steel. Save. On load it throws the error.
Or do you want a "ModsConfig.xml" that'll tell you the exact same thing?

Ichimatsu

Quote from: AngleWyrm on July 25, 2017, 03:19:14 PM

Quote from: Plasmatic on July 25, 2017, 06:06:59 AM

Yes it supports GlitterTech out of the box with no patching necessary; this mod searches for mine-able resources at game start and adds them to the mining bills, so it should support any mod that adds things that can be mined from deep underground.

The screeny on the left is with Glittertech and Cupro's Alloys installed.

So you can mine chemfuel but no compacted machinery (aka components)? What a weird mod  :o

AngleWyrm

Quote from: Ichimatsu on July 28, 2017, 12:14:25 PM
So you can mine chemfuel but no compacted machinery (aka components)? What a weird mod  :o
Quote from: Canute on July 17, 2017, 09:54:52 AM
And i think you should remove the ability to mine components, this would made the research for component assemble absolent. And made it too easy to get components.

There's some disagreement of opinion on what is desirable, so I've gone with the rule that if a resource can be mined from deep underground then it will appear in the list. In technical terms, that is specified by including a <deepCommonality> tag in the resource definition.

TheWrongColonist

Is it just me that after loading a game with a mine & bills i can't see the previous set bills and i can't set any more bills? Only solution i found is to remove the mine and/or make another one.

Edit:

Possible solution, i have noticed that if i delete all the mine bills before a save next time i load the game i can add bills without any problem.