[A17] Tube Television View Areas Are Asymmetrical When Obstructed

Started by rexicide, July 05, 2017, 08:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rexicide

What happened: In my attached screenshot, you can see that the viewing areas of the TVs are obstructed with various combinations of walls, where the walls above the yellow flooring are a combination of the walls below the yellow flooring.

What I expected: I expected the viewing areas of the TVs to be symmetrical when obstructed by walls.

Steps you can follow: This bug can be reproduced if you arrange the TVs and walls in the pattern I have used, or a similar pattern in which the TVs are obstructed.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

asanbr

Interesting. Why would you do this? How is it a problem? (apart from not working as expected (I can agree with that)).

rexicide

Quote from: asanbr on July 21, 2017, 01:53:07 PM
Interesting. Why would you do this? How is it a problem? (apart from not working as expected (I can agree with that)).

I discovered this bug while making an efficient hospital layout. Unfortunately, as you can see from my screenshot, I am only able to place 1 television that can be used by my colonists.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Calahan

ison

hmm, this is a tricky problem. We want line of sights to be commutative (if A can see B then B can see A), which means they must be asymmetrical.

//edit: considering how difficult it would be to fix this, I think we could let it slip for now, thanks for reporting