Luci heals more!

Started by svc_bot, July 06, 2017, 07:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

svc_bot

An update to B19 is coming soon, sorry for the delay

svc_bot

Good news everyone. I did it, enjoy my mod in B19!

svc_bot

agiber

rook14

Auto download. I love using Luci and with this, Ill use it even more.

zloiiojik

I really like how this mod works, but over time, after trying out multiple different scenarios I came to wonder, is it possible to add this improved luciferium effect as an innate body effect? An effect of a certain race for example, like Logann race that recently appeared on the workshop, but less op. Too bad I really suck at mod making and figuring things out takes ages...

Pelador

FYI: By your consent, I have applied the LHM C# mechanic to an alternative drug in another mod.

Medical Supplements: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1600830185

Ensured to include credits and link to this mod.

Pelador

Come across an interesting issue:

I copied the LHM.dll to LHMMS.dll and changed all the namespace and mod references accordingly, (did this to take a snap-shot of the mechanics and to avoid conflict for any potential compatibility issues with your main mod). The assembly works fine.

However, when I also add the base mod "LHM", everything still seems to work fine, the game is playable, i can save the game etc. but when I try to exit the game to the desktop after a session the game seems to hang. After removing your mod this was the identified as the case. (Though in principle it may do a similar thing on the removal of my own mod of course if there is a conflict occurring).

I also didn't want to burden users with a need to download other mods as a pre-cursor need if it wasn't completely necessary.

Do you have any idea what the issue might be?

vovik

I updated Cryptorstore caskets, now it heals luci addiction leaving stabilized luciferium nanobots in addition to age healing, has got price of loosing pawn if you accidentally kill him after ejecting, comes late in tech tree. Imbiding luciferium tablets directly results in destabilization of 'do not harm' programming.
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

Pelador

(^^ see above)

k, I've reverted to using a standard version of the LHM.dll assembly for use atm. However, my concerns are for the potential conflict of settings with two mods sharing the same values. Unless these remain the same as it would provide consistency accross the mods? (version control obviously a concern still).

I should have perhaps considered the simpler approach of placing a dependency on the use of your mod, but didn't want to impose the behaviour of Luciferium.

I've reverted to using a copy of LHM.dll since when I tried to change the mod name definition in the settings (after all the namespaces to LHMMS) it was complaining about other elements being incorrectly defined. So couldn't manage to change it and didn't really have time to delve through all the class definitions. I even tried to default the settings values in the main code to value I would want to use, but found that this caused more problems and wasn't simply just a case of overiding the "get values" and removing the mod settings section.

In the process, I had also accidentally managed to compile an object into the main Rimworld folder which caused confusion for me for a while. Fortunately, none of this was submitted for use and all done in an isolated testing cycle.

I intend to test and try a few more things, but where practically possible it would be great and very much appreciated if you could provide a mirrored copy of the assembly as LHMMS.dll with whatever unique mod name value you think is appropriate in the settings definitions? (It is for the mod Medical Supplements (MS for short) ).

---

Update: Had 3.5 Net assemblies, Assembly-CSharp and UnityEngine open to try and edit the LHM assembly but it was complaining about missing assemblies. I feel unable to do much at my end without having the additional class definitions loaded to interpret/decompile/edit and recompile for use.

svc_bot

if you need my source code, you can get it here.
https://github.com/svcbot/Luci-heals-more

I think with that you should be able to compile all the needed functionality by yourself, which would be easier for both of us.
Consistency is difficult, and we don't want players to download additional library, but i honestly cant think of any better way. Copy-paste is not pretty, but it gives us new mods. I see multiple mods are using limb regrowing mechanic from mechanite forge from A17, and it still works. Even i was thinking to including it in my mod

Pelador

tyvm, for the source code.

I now have a mirrored copy for MS (MSLHM.dll) with separate mod option settings, so this will remove any potential compatibility issues due to version control etc.

I may, of course, wish to adopt future functionality as your mod "evolves", but hopefully I can accommodate your changes as a part of my mod as this occurs. Certainly, if you manage to consider a better option/method in identifying disorders that allows for other mods to use permanent "hediffs" for other purposes more readily, then I'd consider that process/functionality desirable for MS also.

ty again.

svc_bot

New mod version released. Should now run smoother with other mods.

svc_bot

Update to game version 1.1 - enjoy!

New version can be found under links and attachments to the first post.

svc_bot

In the latest version I've added option to disable age reduction and trauma savant healing.