[B18] Harrowed Light - 1.4

Started by Hessra, July 06, 2017, 03:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hessra

Harrowed Light aims to add some new factions to the game, preferably for each of your cannibal tastes.

The current version includes :
The Harrow, a faction of religious zealots that aim to purify the existence of all that is unholy within your colony. Starting with your very colonists' earthly vessels. To do so they use an assortment of goody-goods ! Thuribles, whips, flamethrowers and...candle holders ?

Check a look at some of the current loot that you could pry out of the cold, stiff hands of your enemies :

Or maybe you want to stare in awe at that flagellant hood as your colonist gets whipped into a coma ?

All is fine.

Compatibility :
Should work with moooost other mods since it doesn't change the core game in any way.

How do I install this ? :
Simply unzip and drop the Harrowed Light folder into your mods folder. Or subscribe on the Steam Workshop.

Future updates ?:
Yes sir there'll be plenty. More badly balanced weapons, armors and factions that are out to kidnap your loved ones. Also better integration with research and upping the description of items. And more faction classes. Yes.

My colony just got wiped out in a blazing inferno and then game crashed?:
Well you can talk about it here, as it stands the balance is all over the place and I seek to make it as fair as it can be. Also maybe bugs.

But like, how about you add ____ :
If it fits in a twisted 15th-18th century edgy/grimy fashion with guns all is possible.

Can I craft things from this mod ?:
Yes, some. After you research Machining a peculiar shiny yellow altar will appear in the production tab.

I can't see the sprite details, lad.:
Use the Camera+ mod or such.

Can I use your mod in __ ?:
Sure, just gimme a little credit there for the art or something.

Hessra

[[Reserved - we just don't know]]

AtomicRavioli

Nice art style! I'm going to try this one out soon :)

deathstar

Hessra

Gotta make up for that nonexistent coding skill somehow, right ? hah-ha

Serpyderpy

This is my aesthetic hands down, the art here is simply gorgeous and I'm especially a fan of that bird attire. I'll definitely be downloading and following!

Don't worry about not being able to code very well, I seem to be in the same boat as you by only being able to really make art and get by duplicating coding and using frameworks, but there's nothing wrong with that. This mod has serious potential, don't let the idea of coding slow you down. Keep going!

AtomicRavioli

Quote from: Hessra on July 06, 2017, 03:45:33 PM
Gotta make up for that nonexistent coding skill somehow, right ? hah-ha

I am in the same boat, and I don't even have artistic talent, yet some of my projects get fairly popular. Stop by the modding discords sometime, the community is quite generous with helping each other too.

PixelBitZombie

Not going a lie, if we got a mix of darkest dungeon into rimworld I'd be happy.
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

asquirrel

Hessra

Thanks for the kind word guys, I'll see if I can catch the time to drop into the discord every now and then.

Quote from: PixelBitZombie on July 06, 2017, 04:25:00 PM
Not going a lie, if we got a mix of darkest dungeon into rimworld I'd be happy.
Petals must fall.

Also...

V1.1
DROPBOX

Changelog:
V.1.1
Added bloodhounds - Cute little puppers. A bit faster than huskies but less lethal. Gives you the false hope that it will catch that escaping prisoner.
Added two new Harrowed classes to make use of some unassigned items.
Adjusted the commonality of some Harrowed classes.
Added a new helmet for the Harrowed militants.
Re-geared Harrowed priests. (moved the glistening gold armor to Harrowed Champions)
Adjusted Harrowed gun prices.

Also thinking of making the mod module-based, with a setting menu to enable and disable puppers/factions/and so on as the mod grows.

koni

Religious fanatics? Nice. Did you planned also exorcism, the (Spanish) Inquisition and/or flagellation as an joy activity. That would be great

Napple

Are you going to release your mod on the steam workshop for better exposure?

Hessra

Quote from: koni on July 07, 2017, 11:57:54 AM
Religious fanatics? Nice. Did you planned also exorcism, the (Spanish) Inquisition and/or flagellation as an joy activity. That would be great
I'll see what I can do about exorcism in the future. Maybe an event. Colonist flagellation for joy seems a bit redundant, seeing as how it would only work positively for masochists. As for the spanish inquisition, that was one of the main inspirations for the Harrowed, along with some paintings by Francisco Goya.
Quote from: Napple on July 07, 2017, 01:04:50 PM
Are you going to release your mod on the steam workshop for better exposure?
Currently no, got my hands full already.

PixelBitZombie

QuotePetals must fall.

"Truly, I am a wretched thing." Leper is my favorite character right now, haven't even messed with the DLC yet.

The mod works great, I had only what seemed like an odd issue? Three guys raiding me came in helmets only and no clothes, just neked, flat out neked. I dunno if thats intentional to throw you off but when they attacked, it seemed balanced. I had guns but they did injury one of my people pretty good. She's missing her left eye and 3 fingers. The other guy not so good, he got shot in the chest by one of my own.

Other than the clothes it all seemed good!
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

Tgr

You might want to set the Cassock to always display as the same color, currently you can get it in colors like hyperweave or devilstrand