Cant burn animal skeleton

Started by realdead_man, July 07, 2017, 01:32:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

realdead_man

I have an Ibex skeleton near my base.

I can't get it hauled or put in the crematorium.

I made a special storage zone next to the crematorium for it.   Won't haul, "No space"

I made a special burn job for the crematorium.   Won't haul, "no space"

Why does the game have trouble with skeletons?  I have noticed this before with different animals/peoples?

***THE game will let me bury it, but I dont want to!!

MajorMonotone

Make sure the stockpile you want to haul the corpse to has "Allow Rotten" ticked as skeletons are considered rotten.

The other alternative is to build a wall around the corpse, move all flammable material away and then molotov it.

sevenvt

Easy solution, just drop a dumping zone right on top of the corpse.

Actual solution, make sure have allow rotten yes, no hp or quality requirements double verified, and animal corpses checked yes.  And the obvious, make sure the zone is indeed not full.

Limdood

also, that the colonists are not restricted from the area the skeleton is in

ArguedPiano

Quote from: MajorMonotone on July 07, 2017, 03:00:20 AM
Make sure the stockpile you want to haul the corpse to has "Allow Rotten" ticked as skeletons are considered rotten.

This is most likely your problem as allow rotten is deselected by default.

*EDIT* I was wrong
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

Bozobub

Quote from: ArguedPiano on July 07, 2017, 02:37:16 PM
Quote from: MajorMonotone on July 07, 2017, 03:00:20 AM

This is most likely your problem as allow rotten is deselected by default.
Exactly the opposite, in fact; "Allow Rotten" is ON, by default, for both normal and dumping stockpile zones.  I just checked.
Thanks, belgord!

ArguedPiano

Ahh my bad. Thank you for correcting me.
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

Lys

Also make sure that the crematorium job allows animal corpses. I believe by default it only applies to human corpses.

Bozobub

Quote from: Lys on July 07, 2017, 03:10:47 PM
Also make sure that the crematorium job allows animal corpses. I believe by default it only applies to human corpses.
This is correct; it caused a similar issue for me, in the past.
Thanks, belgord!

realdead_man

Lord, for whatever reason, it works today.   

Thanks everyone.

Snafu_RW

Quote from: realdead_man on July 07, 2017, 03:22:15 PM
Lord, for whatever reason, it works today.
So did you figure it out, or did it magically fix itself while you were pushing buttons? Enquiring minds wish to know, unmodded..

In my case it was a couple of scarab skeletons left over from AD, & later a hare. They refused to deteriorate due to weather (unroofed temperate, so all types)

My crem refused to accept them despite having an appropriate bill & range, so I eventually formed a quick caravan to 1 tile over, then dropped the corpses on the ground there & came straight back after doing some quick mining (even skeletons are surprisingly heavy!)
Dom 8-)

SpaceDorf

If nothing works you can always throw a molotov at it .. or grenades .. or shot it with the incinerator gun
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Mufflamingo

Just put Godmode on and give it lightning strikes. A hundred maybe.
Bleeeee. . . . .

realdead_man

I really dont know if it bugged, or I magically hit the correct check boxes......I thought I had it correct....who knows, it is fixed now. lol

--------------------

Yes I was unmodded until today.