[Idea] Oil economy and oil turret

Started by WMP, May 03, 2014, 08:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WMP

Hello, what do you doing when you have enemies and solar flare? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdDhbZmW2n0 (this is the end, you know...) :)

My idea is make oil economy:
generate on map source of oil,
mining platform,
pipeline,
underground tank,
and oil turret ;)

I think if any element (without oil turret) has been destroy, the oil should burn and make the big bang ;)

Evul

that would be cool :)
Have like gazer places but for oil drilling :)

WMP

Yes, i talk about this byt my english dont help me :)

Darkfirephoenix

Maybe even add some refining to it, so you can use it in more than one way and make a better turret: Fuel Turret aka. Flamethrower turret. Your turret would be an rather inefficent turret because it uses raw oil and not the processed product (fuel), raw oil burn dirty and not as hot because of the "bad" composition, where (flamethrower)fuel burns far hotter, does more damage because of this and you would get 2 (or more) pieces fuel out of the raw oil.

benramit

I was thinking kind of the same thing except using the steam vent for a steam turret

WorldOfIllusion

I know that there are some people working on at least some of these features (myself included).
That said, all I am planning to implement at the moment is an oil drill/pump, refinery (allows you to make plastic and fuel), and a generator allowing you to make power by burning oil.
Artistically challenged modder seeking artistically talented texturer's help. Please, please, PM me :)