Leaders, Propaganda, Regimes and Rooms!

Started by Fergurp123, May 03, 2014, 04:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fergurp123

Colonists in Rimworld are amazing, you issue an order and within a second the colonists are rushing to do it (no matter how far away they are  >:() without hesitation or any other motive. This isn't very realistic is it? In reality they would agree via a meeting what to do and why should rimworld be any different?
When you start the game you get the option to chose a leader, this leader would issue orders either by shouting them or by organising a meeting and discussing it there (he could use a whistle or something to convene the message to the colony. This is all well and good but what if your colonists don't want to do this. Their willingness would depend on their loyalty. Colonists in rimworld seem to love flowers, maybe because there the only thing that makes them happy or convinces them to stay in the colony. There should be other methods such as posters, statues, T.Vs, games and sofas ect, in other words propaganda and recreation.
How would colonists know when to work or when to engage in recreational activities? They could have a regime which would be written up on a notice board or, secondly, conveyed via a leader or senior officer assigned in the overview menu. If you have ever played prison architect then you know what I am talking about. A regime, in other words, is a time table describing the times assigned for different activities in this case recreation (sleep, eating and recreation) and work.
Another thing that would help define work and recreation would be assigned rooms. When a room is assigned it defines every activity done in there to be done by certain people. The people using and the activities done in these rooms would be assigned in a left click context menu like the stockpile one. This means people could cook for themselves, store their own guns and food in their rooms (so they don't have to carry them all the time and have more privacy. I know most of these ideas will never be implemented and i also know this post became a bit unclear near the end, this because i am very tired.
Thanks for reading and please consider what i have said, Thank You.
Optimism is just another word for stupidity.

Darkfirephoenix

Your ideas sound nice.

Maybe make aome better communication between colonist a researchable thing... I mean they have already a way to talk to ppl in space (traders), so they have already walkie-talkies or such atm. So the comms stuff should be made an researchable thing (including walkies) so they don't have to give orders personally or via an notice board, wich would result in an faster working rate (less time needed from when you give the order to when the colonists KNOW that they have to do stuff). But I don't really know how many work is needed to do such a thing