Relative generation is bugged

Started by TrashMan, July 11, 2017, 04:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrashMan

It needs some sanity checks.

I had two of my colonists get married - the girl was 19.

Then immediately after that, a raid appeared with their 12-year old daughter.

Something as simple as checking the age and WHEN they became a couple before assigning children, would be nice.

homemdosgalos

Quote from: TrashMan on July 11, 2017, 04:45:04 AM
It needs some sanity checks.

I had two of my colonists get married - the girl was 19.

Then immediately after that, a raid appeared with their 12-year old daughter.

Something as simple as checking the age and WHEN they became a couple before assigning children, would be nice.

Are you checking their Byological or Chronological age?

I can easily accept them having a child at 16+ and getting into cryptosleep for a couple of years.

But then again...  ::)

TrashMan

Dude... they just met and married.
How can they have children from before?

homemdosgalos

Quote from: TrashMan on July 11, 2017, 05:40:54 AM
Dude... they just met and married.
How can they have children from before?

You can have kids before getting married  ;)

But on a more serious note, yes, it would benefit from some small tweaks to avoid these weirds situations.

dburgdorf

Clearly, the couple adopted a 12 year-old girl as soon as they got married, who then immediately ran away to join a raider group and lead them back to attack her evil adopted parents!  :D
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Toast

How are you seeing a 12-year-old kid in the game in the first place? The game doesn't generate pawns below age 14. Are you using mods?

Penguinmanereikel

Quote from: Toast on July 11, 2017, 02:40:42 PM
How are you seeing a 12-year-old kid in the game in the first place? The game doesn't generate pawns below age 14. Are you using mods?
And why is there a 12-year old in a raid?

Bozobub

Because starving still sucks when you're young and you might be able to carry a weapon?  A child with a rifle is just about as dangerous as an adult with a rifle.
Thanks, belgord!

TrashMan

Quote from: Penguinmanereikel on July 11, 2017, 03:14:50 PM

Yeah, Children and Pregnancy.
The downside of that mod is that it doesn't have sanity checks for raid generation..you end up having 6-year olds attacking your base.

Toast

Quote from: TrashMan on July 12, 2017, 07:51:07 AM
Quote from: Penguinmanereikel on July 11, 2017, 03:14:50 PM

Yeah, Children and Pregnancy.
The downside of that mod is that it doesn't have sanity checks for raid generation..you end up having 6-year olds attacking your base.

Then I'm gonna suggest that this may be a bug with the mod, because I've played 1000+ hours of mostly vanilla Rimworld and I've never seen a pawn generated with an impossible birth circumstance like a mom who was 7 years old at the time of their birth. Either that or you've misread "stepmother" as "mother," or confused biological and chronological age, or something like that.