[1.0] Centralized Climate Control (v1.5.0 - 21st October '18)

Started by coldtoad, July 11, 2017, 06:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdalt40

Quote from: dodviper on July 23, 2018, 09:09:04 AM
Quote from: Resurak on July 23, 2018, 07:13:52 AM
Perfect!

Now there are no errors given, but the pipes are not connecting. I built it, saved the game, exited & loaded back, now its like this:
https://i.imgur.com/won58Fw.jpg
Please reinstall from the link here if you haven't done so: https://github.com/Jdalt40/CentralizedClimateControlMod
This link works completely fine on my game and there's no reason why it wouldn't

thisbloke

In case anyone is still getting errors when activating this mod, you might try this.... For whatever reasons activating Centralized Climate Control was still throwing out gobs of red text errors for me. I suspected that was related to differences in  0Harmony.dll version and was going to ask Jdalt40 (bless his heart for taking on the daunting task of updating it to 1.0--I took a look at the source and yikes!) to include it in the Assemblies folder. But seeing the exchanges of messages on this thread and some people even got it to work, I was forced to rethink. After a bit of trial and errors, time I could be planting crops, or putting up turrets against unwanted visitors like my in-laws, I hit upon the solution. it was so simple!
By deleting the $HugsLibChecker.dll that came with Centralized Climate Control, I got no errors; no red flags. The mod works, and my secret hidden lair for world domination now has indoor heating and cooling! And, yes there are pipes too! Though wireless heating and cooling is kinda cool too.

doc776

Quote from: thisbloke on July 24, 2018, 07:18:28 PM
By deleting the $HugsLibChecker.dll that came with Centralized Climate Control, I got no errors; no red flags. The mod works, and my secret hidden lair for world domination now has indoor heating and cooling!

you got it working? I still get mad wall of red. And after trying with god mode i cant place any of the units (pipes work) because there is missing textures error.

Jdalt40

Removed HugsLibChecker, thought I removed it in the original github push, but I didn't, sorry guys.

The problem being that the HugsLib version checker was outdated, thus throwing errors on startup. I fixed this on my local copy and obviously didn't port it over to Github, sorry guys

thisbloke

Jdalt40

Another error being fixed, textures invalid, changing now (forgot to push updates again! :( )

Shipwrecked_and_Comatosed

Hey guys, I just stumbled over this thread after getting back into Rimworld following a lengthy hiatus. I updated my mods the other day and began a new colony and am finally at the point of reconfiguring the heating and cooling systems with the good old central climate control. Anyways I have inferred that the Steam version is no longer being updated, which hopefully explains why my pipes are acting a little hinky. Should I unsubscribe from the Steam workshop version and then download one of the ones you guys have posted?

Thanks for updating this wicked mod!

Edit: So this is weird, I've tried a couple of times now but every time I download one of your versions, the game disables every other one of my mods. CCC shows up as red, for version 1.0.1964. Maybe I'm just installing it wrong? There don't seem to actually be any installation instructions anywhere as far as I can tell. Do I use the game's native Mod folder? Thanks for any advice :)

Canute

Shipwrecked,
the version jadalt40 made are for the unstable 1.0 version only.
If you still play B18, you should stay with the coldtoad's original version (B18.1.5.0.CentralizedClimateControl.zip) which is the same as from workshop.

Ahh I see, thank you! It didn't occur to me that there was an unstable version of the game. I'll just deal with not being able to use CCC for the time being then.

Jdalt40

No no! There's a B18 version in the description, I'm just currently the one porting it over to 1.0.
You can subscribe to the original B18 here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=973091113

Makani

Would it be possible to have something like the power switch, but for air pipe networks?

For example, I have hospital and prison buildings I want to shut down when not in use. I have power switches for the power end of things, of course, but I'd like to be able to do this with the climate system as well... without needing to build a whole dedicated network for each.

Quote from: Jdalt40 on July 29, 2018, 05:38:08 AM
No no! There's a B18 version in the description, I'm just currently the one porting it over to 1.0.
You can subscribe to the original B18 here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=973091113

Yes that's the one I'm using currently, but it hasn't been updated in a few months and doesn't seem to be working for me any more. Does it work normally for others? Perhaps another mod is interfering with it if that's the case.

Makani

coldtoad

B19 Changes are live. Many thanks to Jdalt40 (added as a contributor to the mod).

I'm sorry to say that I don't work on this mod anymore (for new features) but I am happy to keep it updated. I have way too many projects on my plate currently.

But if anyone wants to add new features, you can always open up an issue on github or just straight up contact me. I would be happy to assist you on where to add new changes / modifications to the code. There are a few important features people requested but I couldn't find the time to do so.  :)

Thanks!
- ColdToad