[1.0] Centralized Climate Control (v1.5.0 - 21st October '18)

Started by coldtoad, July 11, 2017, 06:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on January 17, 2018, 04:24:57 AM
Another thing i notice.
Set the target temp. to -10C but the room just went to -5C.
But when i set the target temp. to -15C the room goes down to -10C.

And the room temp. is pretty constant, so it can't be the on/off hysteries.

When you click on a vent, does it say you have >100% thermal and flow efficiency? Are both of the climate control units set to the same temp? Maybe you have one set for a different temperature. Also, maybe you need to add another vent.

wwWraith

Quote from: Canute on January 17, 2018, 04:24:57 AM
Another thing i notice.
Set the target temp. to -10C but the room just went to -5C.
But when i set the target temp. to -15C the room goes down to -10C.

And the room temp. is pretty constant, so it can't be the on/off hysteries.

I think this effect is caused by heat exchange between freezer and neighboring rooms and/or outdoor space as you are setting only the temperature of the incoming air rather than the wanted temperature in the rooms. But what confuses me is that adding several exhausting outlets to the room doesn't seem to help.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Canute

QuoteWhen you click on a vent, does it say you have >100% thermal and flow efficiency? Are both of the climate control units set to the same temp? Maybe you have one set for a different temperature. Also, maybe you need to add another vent.
1 intake for 4 wall vents = 100% flow, thats what i got. Thermal is 300%

QuoteI think this effect is caused by heat exchange between freezer and neighboring rooms and/or outdoor space as you are setting only the temperature of the incoming air rather than the wanted temperature in the rooms. But what confuses me is that adding several exhausting outlets to the room doesn't seem to help.
No then i wouldn't be able to cool it deeper with the same setup.
When you would build a similar setup with cooler, the temp. inside the room wouldn't change when you set the cooler's from -10 to -20.
Because of the effect you describe.

But i just changed the target temp. at the control unit to -15, and the room got -10 after that.

MercuryDoll

Just tried this mod out in devmode to test how it works, especially in my situation. Here's my thoughts on it:
From the concept, it's great and it has incredible potential, but it has some flaws, some of them seem logical.
The climate control unit is rather wonky, and doesn't seem to be much of use if you want to use the duality of cooling air, like the vanilla cooler. It would be amazing if the CCU's system would be changed to have one input and two explicit outputs, one for cold, one for hot air (i mean, the color coded pipes already suggest this). If either output doesn't have a pipe connected, it gets dumped into the surrounding air. Here's what the setup could look like: https://i.imgur.com/wjv7pzg.png

Another thing i noticed that really bummed me was that it's impossible to use the vent system passively, meaning without an active CCU. I tried to connect an Air Intake placed outside (freezing -10°C) and a vent in my freezer. Logically, it would just pump cold air from outside into my freezer, but it actually didn't do anything. A bummer, really. because if passive temperatures were actually acknowledged, i could imagine a lot of crazy stuff. Using extremely hot air from a geyser or volcano, combined with arctic air we could create a TEG.

Canute

MercuryDoll,
the hot air directly comes out of the CCU, this indicate the red squre when you place a CCU.
Yes this is a bit unpractical and would be nice if you could transfer the output with a pipe to another place.
But with the vanila cooler you can't do this either.

And when you place the Intake's in a cold area, the CCU need to cool less then when you would place them in a hot area.
You would see a different when you play in a desert and want cool your freezer.
I place my intake in my freezer room, to have a closed circulation.
But from my logic, an intake should work like a small heater too, since it take out the cold air, and fresh air flow inside the room.
But unfortunable the intake just add the proper pressure and temp to the pipe and don't do anything to the room temp.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: MercuryDoll on January 30, 2018, 05:40:42 AM
Another thing i noticed that really bummed me was that it's impossible to use the vent system passively, meaning without an active CCU. I tried to connect an Air Intake placed outside (freezing -10°C) and a vent in my freezer. Logically, it would just pump cold air from outside into my freezer, but it actually didn't do anything. A bummer, really. because if passive temperatures were actually acknowledged, i could imagine a lot of crazy stuff. Using extremely hot air from a geyser or volcano, combined with arctic air we could create a TEG.

Can't you do this with Red Is Heat? I used Centralized Climate Control in the past, but haven't gotten around to actually trying out RiH. I want to say, I saw an "idea" picture for RiH that showed you could use the piping to essentially have "connected vents" to equalize the temperature between two not adjacent rooms. I can't remember if you needed to have a "pressure/flow" built into it, so that this system could be unpowered. I could also be imagining crazy things, too ;)

Canute

No the 3 colours for pipe arn't reserved for hot/cold/... they are just 3 pipe system like at Redist heat upper and down pipe.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on January 30, 2018, 09:18:16 AM
No the 3 colours for pipe arn't reserved for hot/cold/... they are just 3 pipe system like at Redist heat upper and down pipe.

I never said anything about that, you are misunderstanding me. Where did I even mention a difference among the colors of different pipes?

I am talking about passive temperature changes through pipes. So if you have two rooms with a hallway between them, but they have an isolated network of just a vent in each room, with the pipe running between the two rooms, through the hallway, connecting both vents. The "air" should still travel a bit through the pipes from just passive temperatures changing, more so than regular temperature adjustments between rooms in a base, that are not connected to each other via an unpowered duct network.

Please, Canute, have more faith in me. I know if I am being an idiot or not, and will say so if I am unsure of something. However, if I am confident in my answer, I will let it be known. That is a personal fact about me, that I can say I am at least smart enough to realize how fucking dumb I am. ;)

EDIT: This is what I am talking about, and it does work for Red Is Heat.

Canute

Don't forget on a forum or chat, it is very easy to missunderstood someone or get upset.
Most of us speak different native languages then engl. and some forget to put or read smilies.

But a passive heatpipe isn't very effective. Just think about the wall passing through the temp. Sure you could build the pipes with silver/gold because they transport more heat then other materials.
But i think redist heat got some unpowered intake's and outlets, but i am not sure.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on January 30, 2018, 10:42:19 AM
Don't forget on a forum or chat, it is very easy to missunderstood someone or get upset.
Most of us speak different native languages then engl. and some forget to put or read smilies.

I understand, and had figured that English wasn't your primary language. Which is why I try to be nice about it, but I felt that you did not consider what I was saying to even be possible to be true, because you did not pick up at all what we were talking about :)

Quote from: Canute on January 30, 2018, 10:42:19 AM
But a passive heatpipe isn't very effective. Just think about the wall passing through the temp. Sure you could build the pipes with silver/gold because they transport more heat then other materials.
But i think redist heat got some unpowered intake's and outlets, but i am not sure.

Could you not see in the screenshot I showed? That's exactly what it is, unpowered "vents" that have an intake and an outlet. That's what the little arrows are there to indicate. I agree that it is not very effective, but I'm sure people have their reasons. Maybe someone has their freezer near the smelting room, and they need just a little bit of cold air to go there, or people try to save materials for how the air network would best suit their base, but I'm sure some people will have their own reasons for wanting this.

EDIT: I'm also very, very grateful that we have two AWESOME central heat/air mods to choose from. Well, maybe 2.5 if you include Dubs Bad Hygiene. Either way, thank you guys, for all of your freaking fantastic work. You are making our dreams come true over here ;D

Ashnal

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 30, 2018, 09:54:20 AM
Quote from: Canute on January 30, 2018, 09:18:16 AM

I never said anything about that, you are misunderstanding me. Where did I even mention a difference among the colors of different pipes?

I am talking about passive temperature changes through pipes. So if you have two rooms with a hallway between them, but they have an isolated network of just a vent in each room, with the pipe running between the two rooms, through the hallway, connecting both vents. The "air" should still travel a bit through the pipes from just passive temperatures changing, more so than regular temperature adjustments between rooms in a base, that are not connected to each other via an unpowered duct network.

Please, Canute, have more faith in me. I know if I am being an idiot or not, and will say so if I am unsure of something. However, if I am confident in my answer, I will let it be known. That is a personal fact about me, that I can say I am at least smart enough to realize how fucking dumb I am. ;)

EDIT: This is what I am talking about, and it does work for Red Is Heat.

Sorry, this is bothering me too much. But the name of the mod is RedistHeat. There's a T in there. Between the S and H. It's short for Redistribute Heat. Not Red Is Heat. Which makes no sense.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ashnal on January 31, 2018, 12:00:19 PM
Sorry, this is bothering me too much. But the name of the mod is RedistHeat. There's a T in there. Between the S and H. It's short for Redistribute Heat. Not Red Is Heat. Which makes no sense.

Hahaha, holy crap. I always wondered why it was called Red is Heat ::)

morrosis

So I compleated the research but it's not there?

[attachment deleted due to age]

morrosis

Imca

The mod is causing intense lag spikes when my game saves or loads, up to two to three minutes of single FPS before returning to normal upon wich it runs fine.....

It also creates intense lag when the climate control network has additional pipes added or removed from it, before agian returning to normal.

No console log entries are being generated in debug mode, so I don't really have any thing there I can share.

Screenshots of my network though, incase something related to it directly would cause it sorry....

Image 1

Image 2