[Mod request] Split doctoring work into tiers

Started by Malacai, July 11, 2017, 07:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malacai

So i was thinking it would be great if there was a better way to train your doctors. Setting colonist with low medical skills to do doctoring is a bit tedious because i have to micromanage them to make sure they dont screw up sugeries. Or they will tend to critically wounded patients and i have to deal with lots of infections afterwards.

My idea was to split the doctoring work in the work tab into "important doctoring" and "not so important doctoring" or whatever you want to call it. That way you would be able to set your low skill doctors to patch up bruises, scratches and other easy things, while your high skill doctor will handle gunshots and surgeries. This frees up some time for your good doctor since he doesnt need to patch up those 20 bruises after a melee raid so he can instead focus on healing the more important gunshot wounds (or stop your people from bleeding out if you use the Combat extended mod). Meanwhile your low skill doctor can train his medical skill without messing things up.

I am not sure how difficult this would be to code, but maybe some of you modding geniuses figures out a way to make it happen

Daimonin

Seconded.
Patient care should also go in the not-so-important-doctoring. It's so bloody annoying when your goddamn dumbass of a doctor goes off to feed patients, while other patients are dying of blood loss, infections, and plague. And you have to SIT on him and force him to fix them ONE at a time. Because the moment he finishes patching up one he will go right on to feeding someone instead of working on the next patient.