[Mod Request] Rescue injured, but not downed, friendlies

Started by lorebot, July 15, 2017, 03:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lorebot

So one of the things that I often find myself frustrated by is the inability to Rescue a pawn that's injured or incapacitated, but not Downed.

Things like colonists that are really far away from my hospital room and terribly wounded and destined to bleed out and die before they limp home on 1 leg and a bloody stump...but I can't send someone to help them until they actually fall over and can't move. Or friendlies on the map that are wounded and bleeding out but won't stop to let me help them even if they're inches from my hospital and some bandages, they instead walk towards the edge of the map and try to leave with only a few hours to live; sometimes they make it, sometimes they get Downed before they reach the edge and I need to send someone to rescue them. And most annoyingly, colonists suffering from a mental break wandering off into the far reaches of the map and getting attacked by the pack of manhunter boomalopes that just showed up...all I can do is send someone to arrest them and bring them home, which they nearly always object to and go berserk over while a horde of 30 angry explosive creatures stampede towards them.

So, would it be possible to make a mod that allows you to order your colonists to Rescue a friendly pawn that isn't Downed?

Ekarus

Off the top of my head the easiest way to do it might be to just have an "operation" the colonist can preform on themselves that takes little to no time they sets movement to zero, which will count them as "downed"

Problem is I'm not sure off the top of my head how to "undo" that operation. Maybe a coutdown timer or something...