Lightning rod against thunderstorm and as extra source of electricity

Started by Yoshida Keiji, July 15, 2017, 10:56:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoshida Keiji

Although in real life you cannot transform lightning to electricity (I think) usable in electro domestics, I would really love to see this in RimWorld. Who's with me?

Bobondacob

a
a

Yoshida Keiji

Quote from: Bobondacob on July 15, 2017, 03:47:32 PM
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=12024.0
Please read this, your post falls under these mentioned items.
(Maybe delete the post too ;))

Sorry but no
http://imgur.com/a/70uLy

Lightning rod gave me zero results. It's always funny when people try to "police" others but then their own words are empty of content. Instead of random bitching around, a link to those apparently some time ago "already" discussed topic (if really existed) would have been better.

Plus the opening topic of your link doesn't list Lightning rod either...

Either be "really" helpful...or go do something else.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Trifle

The link does actually list lightning rod so i might as well halp =)

As tho the suggestion itself it seems like an odd way to generate power unless you have constant lightning storms and even then it would have to be pretty hightech for most usual devices tend to go zap when hit by lightning at which point it would make more sense for some other form of power generation to be used, like fusion or some such.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Yoshida Keiji

You people who try to police others are really more a problem than a help. Basically here we have one person who apparently is following the forum for a long time but has to create alternative accounts for one single post. Which basically is the same cowardice tactic of throwing a stone and then hide behind the bushes. People who can't even face others to their faces but cower in anonymity.

Once again in failing to the topic, a listing is not the same as a link the "apparent" old thread that existed somewhere in the past, but again failing to direct the reader to it. Which basically produce more noise than sound. Just causing unnecessary drama with no benefit at all and just wasting my time. I hope you do know that all forums have the feature to track users IP, and once all three match to a single serial number, any administrator can block your account which seems to only have the purpose of trolling. Im not giving you any more of my time which so far you only wasted.

erdrik

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on July 16, 2017, 11:03:50 AM
You people who try to police others are really more a problem than a help. ... is the same cowardice tactic ... but cower in anonymity ... I hope you do know that all forums have the feature to track users IP ... any administrator can block your account ...
Dude. This is ALSO part of the problem.
It is NOT your place to threaten or insult others.
If you think they have broken the rules, silently report them with the "Report to moderator" link that is at the side of every post.

I suggest you take another look at the forums rules.
(specifically 1, 2 and 17. And no, informing you of the rules is not an attempt at enforcing them)

Yoshida Keiji

You are missing the point here.

I haven't broken rules 1 and 2, so I don't know why quoting me with underlining means anything to you. Its a matter of scepticism, the first account speaks of having been reading this forum for a long time, but has just one single post. I hardly believe there's users who read without participating, with their first comment being of this nature. Its a common troll behavior know as multiple account users. And there's nothing wrong at getting upset towards people who direct you somewhere else with links that do not reach said "previous threads", which up to this reply, nobody has been able to link me to, neither did you by the way. Which, simply can be resolved by linking such thread itself instead of large unnecessary arguments, this is my third reply in this topic and nobody of the other three so far has shown me where such discussions are. You could have just simply linked the old thread and finished once for all all this dilemma. From the way I see it, you are just adding more wood to the fire.

Telling them the suspicion of multiple accounts and self-defeating replies do not constitute threats or insults.

If you can't link to the old thread, you are not helping. Which is what should have happen in the first place if repeated discussion is your problem. My tendency to post always have complete and self-explanatory titles, so I know I post better than the average who write poor descriptions in titles so in any case, my posts are more "correct" than others. Key word lightning rod gave no results, which is the best combination besides thunder, lightning or electrical power. So all this unnecessary snow ball will never melt if you keep arguing with no sense at all.

Lowkey1987

So, i dont like a energie system arround lightnings.

You didnt do this in RL and i dont see a point in adding it. To fully load your batteries? Normaly they are full or i need more production. But hoping on a thunderstorm doesnt seem right.

But as al lightning rod it could be okay. So that ligning didnt attack your base that often.

Perhaps a thing for a mod.

erdrik

Quote from: Yoshida Keiji on July 16, 2017, 12:51:56 PM
You are missing the point here.

I haven't broken rules 1 and 2, so I don't know why quoting me with underlining means anything to you.

... is the same cowardice tactic ... but cower in anonymity ...

Calling someone a coward is an insult, which breaks rule 1.

... all forums have the feature to track users IP ... administrator can block your account ...

An indirect threat by using the implication that an Admin will "get them", is still a threat.
Its not your place to remind people of what the Admins can or cannot do, and it comes off as intimidation.

The underlines were meant to show where you crossed a line.
Its not suppose to mean anything to me, its suppose to mean something for you.
So you can realize your mistake and learn from it.

Its a matter of scepticism, the first account speaks of having been reading this forum for a long time, but has just one single post.
1. Not relevant to my post. You will note, I posted literally nothing in regards to the validity, or lack thereof, of the posters you were accusing. I don't care what "evidence" you think there is. Im not a Mod or Admin and I can do nothing with it.

2. Reading the forum, and posting in a forum are not the same thing. Many times in the past, and on other forums, I have read said forum for months or in some cases years before making my first post. Such people are called lurkers, and there is no rule against them. Having two posters with a single post to their name post in your thread, is not evidence of wrong doing. If you are skeptical about it then the correct action is to privately contact a Mod, not publicly accuse.

... And there's nothing wrong at getting upset towards people who direct you somewhere else with links that do not reach said "previous threads", which up to this reply, nobody has been able to link me to, neither did you by the way.
1. The intent of my post was not to lead you to a link about lightning rods, so why would I include one?

2. The point of the thread Bobondacob linked was:
To keep discussion about the listed requests to that thread, so as to prevent duplicate threads from showing up.
You were given the correct link. The discussion is either in that thread or it doesn't exist. And the later case is no reason to start accusing or insulting other people.

Yoshida Keiji

Last reply to you, if you don't talk about Lightning rod, I don't care what you say. The only positive thing about you is that by continuous replying you will keep providing me free publicity as the thread will keep bumping up to the top of the forum. I don't get anything else from you off-topic-ing to something else. I just came here for a new game feature, which clearly...Im the first to come out with it.

PsychoticSquid

Hi Yoshida,

I just wanted to say that lightning rods are indeed mentioned in the frequent suggestions list. It doesn't make it a bad idea, and perhaps you are the first to think of it as an alternative power source rather than purely as an attractor to protect your other objects, but all the same it is on the list of items specifically asking people not to generate new threads for. I feel like erdrik was pointing this out simply because you clearly missed it, I don't think the intention was to say that you are intentionally breaking the rules. It's spiralled a bit out of control now, I recommend focusing your energies on other topics.

tommiethegun

I like the idea, and I remembered seeing a mod for this recently: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30469.0

Feels steam punk or mad scientist to me.

Yoshida Keiji

Quote from: PsychoticSquid on July 17, 2017, 04:35:13 AM
Hi Yoshida,

I just wanted to say that lightning rods are indeed mentioned in the frequent suggestions list. It doesn't make it a bad idea, and perhaps you are the first to think of it as an alternative power source rather than purely as an attractor to protect your other objects, but all the same it is on the list of items specifically asking people not to generate new threads for. I feel like erdrik was pointing this out simply because you clearly missed it, I don't think the intention was to say that you are intentionally breaking the rules. It's spiralled a bit out of control now, I recommend focusing your energies on other topics.

Yes, I do recognize that I missed it, because I was looking for the link format of yellow underlined so that I could read the so far missing old thread. Which I wanted to read. The problem from my place is that telling somebody not to discuss something because it was already addressed in the past sounds too restrictive when it is said without back-up. And I got upset because of the "half-assed" follow up replies.

I will put a simple daily life example:

Background: You are working an office job with a partner. He borrows your pen so at the end of the day, you meet him again and ask him: "Can I have my pen back?" To what he replies: "I left it at the office", so you go back to the office and cannot find it after looking for it, so you go back to him as follows up:

You: "Where in the office did you left it?"
Him: "I told you in the office."
You: "Yes okay but which room? 01, 02 or 03?"
Him: "It was 02."
You: "Where in 02?"
Him: "In the drawers."
You: "Which of the four drawers?"
Him: "The green one."
You: "There's two that are green."
Him: "The darker one."
You: "The drawer has 16 compartments."
Him: "On the top one."
You: "Which of the four tops?"
Him: "The most right one."

Now, how different it is if you had another partner that would answer you:

Him:"I left your pen in room 102, inside the darker green drawer, right most top box".

Basically, everybody that replied here except you are of the first kind. I don't like to be surrounded by people who give me half-assed answers. As the phrase goes: Your company tells who you are.

I would have reacted completely different if from the beginning someone could have posted me a redirect link to said "already discussed thread". At least people should have the chance to read, why it shouldn't be discussed anymore.

Lowkey1987

Want to necessarily be right?

You didnt talk about your topic, just about other things.
Let it go!  :'(

Yoshida Keiji