[B18] TiberiumRim: Factions - Which side are you on?

Started by Telefonmast, July 15, 2017, 12:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukinari

Loving the mod so far! Any plans on adding Tiberium Infusion for animals, though? As is, sending caravans is very risky with your pack animals getting infected and all.

kubolek01

Quote from: Madman666 on August 31, 2017, 01:42:11 PM
Speaking of instakills - those Tiberium Terrors are kind of crazy. Randy being an ass sends second 5-head manhunter wave of them at me already. Their damage is beyond crazy, You can't even hide, because they tear down doors from granite like paper... And they have crapton of hp. The only way to handle waves like that is to have things like More Vanilla Turrets and RT's Weapon Pack on for more firepower. And even then 1-2 of them makes their way to you and oneshots somebody. With vanilla firearms you're screwed if you ever get manhunter Terrors.
So you are too weak, they EQUAL Thrumbos in durability,  8 people with fair guns would stop one, add turrets and easy win, easy go!
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Canute

Since he speak about "allready" i think he encounter them pretty early at his colony.
When this is true and he encounter 5 of them pretty early, i think the value of these are wrong.
But Madmann need to clarify this first what he mean with "allready".

Madman666

Quote from: kubolek01 on September 01, 2017, 08:09:43 AM
So you are too weak, they EQUAL Thrumbos in durability,  8 people with fair guns would stop one, add turrets and easy win, easy go!

You are right, albeit only partially. I did redirect most my resources on production rather then security, thinking that some walls, doors, 6 plasteel turrets and 10 people with various automatic weapons (I have RT's Weapon Pack on) are enough to deal with 4-5 Terrors with ease and without losses. And for everything else Randy threw at me that was enough. For 5 friggin Terrors its not enough. They are only as tough as a Thrumbo alright, but they have double the damage (which means a oneshot or a limb lost, unless all your people are armored) and when there are 5 of them, you will need to kite, unles you have crazy effective killbox with 15-16 turrets. They are too fast, so when they come all at once, 2-3 will make it and kill somebody 100% of the time if you don't kite. They tear doors apart, make turrets go boom in one hit and kill anyone they reach. So without using effective turrets from mods, I'd say you're doomed to lose some people if they come in such numbers.

Quote from: Canute on September 01, 2017, 09:09:49 AM
Since he speak about "allready" i think he encounter them pretty early at his colony.
When this is true and he encounter 5 of them pretty early, i think the value of these are wrong.
But Madmann need to clarify this first what he mean with "allready".

Canute - no I am not in early game, they only show up alone in early stages. I lived for about 1.5 year if I remember right and I did amass quite big amount of wealth, so it is mostly my fault. I do think that for the damage those things do, they have too small amount of combat power specified in xmls, thus showing up in larger waves. I am pretty sure it will be crazy tough to deal with them without modded turrets\weapons and from what I heard this mod aims to be balanced around vanilla game values and thats why I brought this up. I'll change my tactics next time, I guess.

As for already - in my run thats 4th time I see Terrors coming my way, first it was only one, which I kited and killed relatively easy with 6 people and 3 turrets. Then it was three, which I split by clever kiting and killed one by one. And last two waves had 5, which both times managed to catch up and kill some people, despite hail of fire from 6 turrets and 10+ colonists. They are crazily durable for their speed and damage.

kubolek01

Not enough manpower, miniguns are wondetful here.
They are pretty common from blossom trees event, just be careful, anyone can do it maybe mortaring from behind walls will do.

Madman666

There is no "behind walls", when you are dealing with terrors. Those destroyers come to beat on a door from time to time remember? And they can flatten it with 2-3 hits. Miniguns are great for crowd control and countering huge tribal invasions where literally every missed bullet has a chance to hit somebody, because there is just so many of them. For tiberium terrors miniguns are way too slow. They'll get close and oneshot you before you even start shooting.

kubolek01

Quote from: Madman666 on September 05, 2017, 07:43:29 AM
There is no "behind walls", when you are dealing with terrors. Those destroyers come to beat on a door from time to time remember? And they can flatten it with 2-3 hits. Miniguns are great for crowd control and countering huge tribal invasions where literally every missed bullet has a chance to hit somebody, because there is just so many of them. For tiberium terrors miniguns are way too slow. They'll get close and oneshot you before you even start shooting.
Trigger happy does the trick! Plus new idea: incendiary launcher spam. Burning mean like insane!

Madman666

Quote from: kubolek01 on September 05, 2017, 12:18:42 PM
Trigger happy does the trick! Plus new idea: incendiary launcher spam. Burning mean like insane!

Trigger happy is a fine trait for minigun user, really useful against tribal raids, but unfortunately its warmup speed is still really low to challenge fast and incredibly tough creatures like Terrors. Incendiary launchers can give an edge when you are the one who starts a fight, meaning you attack passive creature like Thrumbo first, stunlocking it with fire. When they are already going for you its incredibly hard to hit, because launcher's projectile speed is noticeably lower than a bullet's. And if there is more than 1 Thrumbo\Terror managing such a fight becomes a bloody mess. That does give me another idea though - a burning entrance. Take a couple of molotovs and spread a lake of fire near the door terrors are attacking, so when they go in, they'll have to go through fire, burning and stunlocking themselves in the process and thats when my guys shoot them to pieces. Thats worth a try. I do hope I won't get terrors manhunter pack again anytime soon.

kubolek01

Place insta place stuff like craft spot infront of them and fire at it. To beat the delay of flight time. Distance to discover on your own.

deathstar

How does Combat Extended interact with this mod? Would there be the need for a patch?

Madman666

Quote from: deathstar on September 08, 2017, 09:46:21 AM
How does Combat Extended interact with this mod? Would there be the need for a patch?

Seeing as TiberiumRim mod adds weapons and even mechanoids I am 100% sure it needs a patch to work with CE.

Weyrling

Your image link to the TiberiumRim mod is to your own message posting to it so it just gives a forum error about permissions.

Anyway I'm downloading both now, looks interesting.

Telefonmast

Quote from: Weyrling on September 11, 2017, 09:45:42 PM
Your image link to the TiberiumRim mod is to your own message posting to it so it just gives a forum error about permissions.

Anyway I'm downloading both now, looks interesting.

Did not notice that, thanks for the info :P
Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project

kubolek01

Well I noticed that Obelisk is much stronger than it's counterpart, Sonic Turret. Would it fire a single beam, but with more accuracy? This would be more similar to how it works originally, at least in TD/TS.

Telefonmast

TiberiumRim Factions 1.2.4:
Bunch of fixes including Factions' caravans now working.
A new mod option allows whether or not to use both faction research trees.

Be sure to get the new version of TiberiumRim first.

Downloads:

Telefonmast - Ready to give you good phone connection!
- My mod project