[1.3] Megafauna (v1.4.4) - More cenozoic beasts! - (21.07.2021 - Update #9)

Started by Spino, July 15, 2017, 05:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Quote from: kubolek01 on December 21, 2017, 01:39:32 AM
Why all play with this autopatch... it don't feel satisfying to make it work anymore ;'(
kubolek, this is called customer service for gamer.

LAWolves

Is it "Viable" to make a compatibility patch for Combat Extended?

Spino

Quote from: kubolek01 on December 21, 2017, 01:39:32 AM
Why all play with this autopatch... it don't feel satisfying to make it work anymore ;'(

Sorry to be taking away that satisfaction from you but it's for the greater good :']

Quote from: LAWolves on December 21, 2017, 05:03:26 AM
Is it "Viable" to make a compatibility patch for Combat Extended?

I get that it's a very, very popular mod but I'm not really interested in it myself so it's not on the top of my to-do list, sorry. I'm actually currently taking a longer break from the game, just randomly felt inspired/motivated to update my mods once so I didn't want to waste it  ;D

sarfa

jonnehbongeh

This mod is amazing. i love animals from this period of time and i have a very good suggestion. The thylacoleo aka the lion marsupial. This carnivore is one of my favourite animals of all time. please consider adding this into your mod. thanks keep up the good work.

Modo44

I think the auto-patching may be borked. I don't have either of the mods with autopatches. After adding Megafauna to Rimworld, I get this (regardless of where Megafauna is in the mod order):

https://i.imgur.com/NYTNBmK.png

Hydromancerx

Thank you for making past requests like the Sivatherium, Short Faced Bear and Macrauchenia! I have some more requests.

Please make ...

- Aepycamelus (aka Giraffe-Camel)
- Aurochs
- Brontotherium
- Chapalmalania
- Columbian Mammoth
- Diatryma
- Elephant Bird
- Giant Penguin
- Hemicyon (aka Bear-Dog)
- Ilingoceros
- Platybelodon
- Synthetoceras
- Thylacosmilus

Many thanks in advance!

Harry_Dicks

I really wish this mod would get support from Genetic Rim. The author has some serious art talent, and is one of my favorites. Mechanoids Extraordinaire is another knock-out success in the art department, and I highly recommend it as well.

And seriously that titanboa is fucking awesome. Reminds me so much of Conan the Barbarian.

na921004

So I've yet to see a single species spawn naturally from this mod after ~7 hours of playing.
The only time I see them is during the migration event, in which I see them every time.

Is the spawn chance for these creatures really that small?
I am playing on temperate forest.

Harry_Dicks

You can see the chances for the creatures to spawn in their xml defs. And to answer your question, yes. Some of these are very, very rare creatures. I guess you could go as far as to consider them almost "legendary" in the same sense that the thrumbo is a "legendary" creature, yet these are much rarer than a thrumbo.

If I am remembering correctly, normal creatures will have something like a .2 to .5 chance of spawning per biome, or something similar. While some creatures from this mod might have a .002 chance of spawning. Of course, I could be off by a decimal location here or there, but I think that's the jist behind the rarity of some of these guys. That's also what will make finding them all the more exciting! ;D

Spino

Small update.
Many people have actually reported that they have played with this mod for days and days without seeing a single Megafauna animal spawn naturally. So I tested it myself and got the exact same results - that's when I realised that while the creatures were indeed supposed to be quite rare, the last time I updated the spawn chances, I made them about 5-8 times lower than I originally intended, whoops.
Naturally, you can download an updated version of the mod from the first post in this topic.

Since it's been requested a good few times, I also took a few hours to create a simple wiki, where one can quickly check where any of the animals spawn, how much meat and leather butchering them yields, and so on:

--> megafaunarimworld.wikia.com <--

Thanks for the feedback and all the suggestions for more animals! :]

KozmoD

Can you add Postosuchus, Marsupial Lion, Thylacine, Josephoartigasia (hippo capybara) please?

giannikampa

i'm enjoying this mod, it blends nicely with vanilla, except for numbers of textile and meat drops, flat 10% tone down would give thrumbo, rhino, etc. the rilevance they are intended to have
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

KozmoD

So I know that the predators were really deadly and dangerous, but how Am I supposed to tame any animal in this mod without losing limbs/colonists? I tried to tame 3 Daedon, failed, and they got manhunter. They killed 5 of my dogs and 2 colonist got minor injuries 1 lost a foot. A Quinkana have a 30% chance of getting manhunter and it has 8.62 DPS, how am I supposed to tame that ?
Also, I never ever saw a trader selling any Megafauna animal, just mounting on them cause Giddy Up.
Its all this intended ?

kubolek01

Quote from: KozmoD on April 16, 2018, 03:53:48 PM
So I know that the predators were really deadly and dangerous, but how Am I supposed to tame any animal in this mod without losing limbs/colonists? I tried to tame 3 Daedon, failed, and they got manhunter. They killed 5 of my dogs and 2 colonist got minor injuries 1 lost a foot. A Quinkana have a 30% chance of getting manhunter and it has 8.62 DPS, how am I supposed to tame that ?
Also, I never ever saw a trader selling any Megafauna animal, just mounting on them cause Giddy Up.
Its all this intended ?
Well... rarity is a pro here. I always have a sick level in handling animals in my colony, still messing with some kinds. At least I managed to make a "Hell Cavalry" to stop the catastrophe if such happens ;)
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.