[1.3] Megafauna (v1.4.4) - More cenozoic beasts! - (21.07.2021 - Update #9)

Started by Spino, July 15, 2017, 05:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonra

I got this when trying to sell Doedicurus shells to an exotic goods ship:

Exception filling window for RimWorld.Dialog_Trade: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.CompEquippable.get_Holder () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.CompEquippable.PostDestroy (DestroyMode mode, Verse.Map previousMap) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Destroy (DestroyMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Thing.TryAbsorbStack (Verse.Thing other, Boolean respectStackLimit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.TryAbsorbStack (Verse.Thing other, Boolean respectStackLimit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TradeShip.GiveSoldThingToTrader (Verse.Thing toGive, Int32 countToGive, Verse.Pawn playerNegotiator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Tradeable.<ResolveTrade>m__52A (Verse.Thing thing, Int32 countToTransfer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TransferableUtility.TransferNoSplit (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 things, Int32 count, System.Action`2 transfer, Boolean removeIfTakingEntireThing, Boolean errorIfNotEnoughThings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Tradeable.ResolveTrade () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TradeDeal.TryExecute (System.Boolean& actuallyTraded) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Dialog_Trade.<DoWindowContents>m__69F () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Dialog_Trade.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C4.<>m__1B1 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C4:<>m__1B1(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Oh, and every time I tried to complete the trade it deleted one but didn't do the trade, only when I had no more shells.

SpaceDorf

The Snake is beautiful too big, it just looks weird next to every other creature in the game, even without comparing the sizes.

Here is a picture of a Titanoboa with 350kg and an Elephant with 280kg . The Elephant has nearly the same weight ( I think they are on the light side anyway with barely 300kg. ) But the Snake looks like it would swallow the Elephant whole.
It is nearly as big as the Paraceratherium which has about 700kg

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Ignitus

Quote from: Loki88 on July 19, 2017, 01:15:36 PM
I wound up going to check myself and set the Arthro to advanced in my copy. Very unrealistic I know, but I have the image in my head of giant centipedes with a pack pack on and I needed to make it a thing.

How would I go about changing this myself? I had 2 Titanoboas self-tame and wanted to mod their intelligence up to adv. ^.^

SpaceDorf

Edit the file with a texteditor :
RimWorld_Alpha17b\Mods\megafauna\Defs\ThingDefs_Races\Races_Animal_Megafauna.xml

Search for Titanoboa and set :

<trainableIntelligence>Intermediate</trainableIntelligence>

<trainableIntelligence>Advanced</trainableIntelligence>

done ..

Suleviae

I've had several trade caravans come by with megafauna in the group, but they're never for sale. I can sell them mine, but I can't buy them back. Trade ships seem to work as normal. I disabled all my other mods on a new game and still have this happen.

Anyone else have this issue?

Oblitus

Quote from: Suleviae on July 23, 2017, 09:25:46 AM
I've had several trade caravans come by with megafauna in the group, but they're never for sale. I can sell them mine, but I can't buy them back. Trade ships seem to work as normal. I disabled all my other mods on a new game and still have this happen.

Caravans don't sell pack animals.

Suleviae

Quote from: Oblitus on July 23, 2017, 10:18:31 AM
Quote from: Suleviae on July 23, 2017, 09:25:46 AM

Caravans don't sell pack animals.
I suppose that's why base game pack animals aren't also wild. Any way I can keep them from showing up? I'd prefer they bring animals I can actually buy. I think I've seen one bear in the last 4 or 5 exotics, while the rest were from this mod.

Oblitus

Quote from: Suleviae on July 23, 2017, 11:15:15 AM
I suppose that's why base game pack animals aren't also wild.
Muffalos and dromedaries are what caravans are using and they can be found wild.

Suleviae

Quote from: Oblitus on July 23, 2017, 07:21:58 PM
Muffalos and dromedaries are what caravans are using and they can be found wild.
I know that. I guess I phrased that poorly. I mean the fact that animals with a high "wildness" percentage are the ones that show up in exotic caravans. The animals from this mod are pack animals, but they're also 80% wildness trait. Which is why they show up with them.

Oblitus

Quote from: Suleviae on July 23, 2017, 09:27:42 PM
Quote from: Oblitus on July 23, 2017, 07:21:58 PM
I know that. I guess I phrased that poorly. I mean the fact that animals with a high "wildness" percentage are the ones that show up in exotic caravans. The animals from this mod are pack animals, but they're also 80% wildness trait. Which is why they show up with them.
Actually, this is quite easy to patch. Just edit getTraderCaravanRole so it would sell pack animals without a load.

from
if (p.kindDef.RaceProps.packAnimal)
{
return TraderCaravanRole.Carrier;
}

to
if (p.kindDef.RaceProps.packAnimal && p.inventory.innerContainer.Any)
{
return TraderCaravanRole.Carrier;
}

I'm too old and lazy to make a proper mod myself, though... (but I've checked it by direct code modifying, it works)

kaptain_kavern

If someone could make this happen  (and let me use it) I'd be the most happiest modders alive :-D

I've made a mod that makes more animals pack animals and was very disappointed to find that out myself. But I lack any C# knowledge :-$ in fact I wasn't even able to find the line Oblitus just pointed out :-C

Oblitus

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 24, 2017, 12:18:40 AM
If someone could make this happen  (and let me use it) I'd be the most happiest modders alive :-D

I've made a mod that makes more animals pack animals and was very disappointed to find that out myself. But I lack any C# knowledge :-$ in fact I wasn't even able to find the line Oblitus just pointed out :-C
Wish Harmony had some documentation. And examples. I mean documentation which makes sense and examples which are covering basic use cases. Anyways, here it is. Seems like it works. Not sure it worth an own topic here.

Screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/7mkpWHM.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

kaptain_kavern

Spino

Quote from: moonra on July 20, 2017, 11:32:32 PM
I got this when trying to sell Doedicurus shells to an exotic goods ship:

Exception filling window for RimWorld.Dialog_Trade: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.CompEquippable.get_Holder () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.CompEquippable.PostDestroy (DestroyMode mode, Verse.Map previousMap) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Destroy (DestroyMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Thing.TryAbsorbStack (Verse.Thing other, Boolean respectStackLimit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.TryAbsorbStack (Verse.Thing other, Boolean respectStackLimit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TradeShip.GiveSoldThingToTrader (Verse.Thing toGive, Int32 countToGive, Verse.Pawn playerNegotiator) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Tradeable.<ResolveTrade>m__52A (Verse.Thing thing, Int32 countToTransfer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TransferableUtility.TransferNoSplit (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 things, Int32 count, System.Action`2 transfer, Boolean removeIfTakingEntireThing, Boolean errorIfNotEnoughThings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Tradeable.ResolveTrade () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TradeDeal.TryExecute (System.Boolean& actuallyTraded) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Dialog_Trade.<DoWindowContents>m__69F () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Dialog_Trade.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C4.<>m__1B1 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C4:<>m__1B1(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Oh, and every time I tried to complete the trade it deleted one but didn't do the trade, only when I had no more shells.
Yes, there's an issue with selling the shells right now but I'm currently working on an update and I believe I did manage to fix it already!

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 21, 2017, 10:24:52 PM
The Snake is beautiful too big, it just looks weird next to every other creature in the game, even without comparing the sizes.

Here is a picture of a Titanoboa with 350kg and an Elephant with 280kg . The Elephant has nearly the same weight ( I think they are on the light side anyway with barely 300kg. ) But the Snake looks like it would swallow the Elephant whole.
It is nearly as big as the Paraceratherium which has about 700kg
I don't think Titanoboa is too big (though I may make it a tad smaller in the next update), it's just that its weight is set wrong. I did have to set the weights of animals somewhat blindly and naturally, I didn't get them right in all cases, hah.

SpaceDorf

I wasn't talking about the weight actually.
I used weight as an extra point of comparison, because it looked like a decent guess at how big you imagined the Titanoboa.

My real issue is with the size of the sprite in comparison to the elephant.
With the slightly different art style this is the point where I got stuck in the uncanny valley ..
the boa just looks to massive. every other creature from your pack is somehow fitting ( I have only now found a monkey, so I am not 100% sure about that )