[1.3] Megafauna (v1.4.4) - More cenozoic beasts! - (21.07.2021 - Update #9)

Started by Spino, July 15, 2017, 05:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benis

Very much enjoying this mod. Well-emulated art style, great variety and lovely choice of critters, suitable difficulty in killing/obtaining (kite around for hours with a team for most big meat animals; can't just shoot til downed then drag home for easy taming because you can't patch the hundred wounds before they bleed out; high % manhunter chance - I cackled then sweat a little as I saw I succeeded the 3.8% chance to tame a daeodon, then noticed the fail rate had been 10%).

If you're up for it, a patch to spawn a few (the mammalian predators especially) in Rikiki's cave biome would be sweet.

moonra

Minor issue: the folders aren't inside of a "megafauna" folder like most mods do, so if you just "Extract here" you get a bunch of folders inside the RW Mods folder.

In other words: put your folders inside a folder so my folder doesn't get full of folders.

asquirrel

A Dog Said Compatibility patch throws an error when I enable it.

RequiemFang

Quote from: asquirrel on October 04, 2017, 04:02:28 PM
A Dog Said Compatibility patch throws an error when I enable it.

hmmm check your load order for the mod.

asquirrel

If I run adogsaid easy patcher, do I need the adogsaid compatibility patch for this mod?

kubolek01

Quote from: asquirrel on October 04, 2017, 10:36:01 PM
If I run adogsaid easy patcher, do I need the adogsaid compatibility patch for this mod?
Yea, it's made for patch, but not for auto patching.
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

asquirrel

Thanks dude.  I'll try adding the regular patch.  If it throws an error I'll post it here.  I'm putting it at the end of my load order so adogsaid and the easy patcher are loaded way above your megafauna mod and the megafauna patch.

Zookes

I love this mod dearly, so I've gone through and hacked together a rough B18 update along with an A Dog Said patch (now using xpath for my convenience) and decided to share it with all you lovely people. You can find both mods in a zip at this mega link:

https://mega.nz/#!NHYwARpJ!BMK1kmLcLajlL7WUX3RWCDlketz670ONkXWHee7Kx2s
(old link broke somehow? fixed now)

This is a very rough unofficial update that may not be compatible with future official Megafauna releases, so please bear that in mind.

asquirrel

Kalre

Kenny Dave

Thanks Zookes, but the link doesn't seem to be working. or is it just me?

Edit: it was just me, being impatient. Thanks!

Spino

After a bit too long, it's time for an update!

Changelog:
         - updated to be compatible with Rimworld Beta 18,
         - no longer requires an additional patch to be compatible with A Dog Said..., it will now automatically detect it and patch all the necessary stuff in,
         - also comes with a built-in patch for Giddy-up!,

- daeodon, titanis, titanoboa, smilodon, procoptodon, gomphotaria, short-faced bear, and dinocrocuta are no longer pack animals (can't be used to carry stuff in caravans),
         - very minor tweaks to a few animals in regards to their body size and meat/leather yield,
         - some of the animals can now spawn in the new swamp-type biomes (titanoboa's no longer exclusive to the tropical rainforest!),
         - some of the older animals such as arthropleura and doedicurus now have their own body types instead of using unfitting vanilla ones,
         - some of the older animals won't be sold by traders anymore, in order to make obtaining them feel more special, those being: paraceratherium, titanoboa, elasmotherium, megalania, gomphotaria, and short-faced bear.
         - added 4 more animals.

kubolek01

Why all play with this autopatch... it don't feel satisfying to make it work anymore ;'(
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.