Disappearing meals in caravan

Started by Dargaron, July 14, 2017, 09:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dargaron

So, my first bug report. I hope I didn't screw this up.

I got an item stash opportunity for (effectively) a full outfit of decent clothing, with no threats. It was too tempting to ignore, so I sent a colonist to grab it and run. It's the middle of winter, passing through Desert, Tundra and Boreal Forest biomes. I packed about 20 simple meals, some rice and some eggs (cargo pod drop).

Four days into my journey, the remaining simple meals vanished, reducing my days of food from 9 to 4. The caravan packing screen did not show my food spoiling, (presumably) because the temperature was below freezing. Normally, I get some kind of warning before my food spoils, which makes me think this is a bug.

I have no mods enabled. I am using a custom scenario, but given I made it with the in-game scenario editor, tht shouldn't do anything...

For some reason, there was no log in my RimWorld_Win_Data folder (probably because I haven't crashed since installing), so I can't post that.

Save file is attached: in two hours, the food in the caravan will vanish.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

ison

The meals simply rotted away. The "days until rot" readout is not always very accurate, because we can't predirect where the caravan will go. It's a known issue, though solving it could be a bit complex, we'll have to think about it. Thanks for reporting.