[TOOL] Outfit Creation Kit - Updated 09/06/2018

Started by Chicken Plucker, August 19, 2017, 02:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicken Plucker

Hello I wrote a guide for Steam on how I do batch production for outfits.

Just to note, even though my technique cuts plenty of time for me, this is not something that will help you finish
an entire outfit set in just an hour. (Unless you practice a lot)

Default Color Kit:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1son3nyEpg1RTN0NYBrJXvWAXCfvaPiWI

- Contains outfit mod sample with coding explanations inside
- Contains head templates from the game (Forgot who gave it to me, it was from Ludeon sry)
- Contains pawn body textures by TRP
- Contains .PSD file of my default color kit

Chicken Guide:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1114369188

I hope this helps anybody!

Chicken notes:

I just realized that I spent all this effort for a technique everyone else has probably already figured out. Ups  :'(.

SpaceDorf

I like your guide, it is very .. you .. and I don't think I have seen a complete guide to draw outfits for pawns yet.

To prevent endorsing piracy you could remark that there is a Software called Gimp which is a OpenSource Tool similiar to Adobe's incredibly expensive and bloated software.

Also the importance of Rubber Chicken and the correct drawing of Ryan Reynolds butt.

finally *facepalm* .. a drawing tablett .. that's how you cheaters do it ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Chicken Plucker

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 19, 2017, 03:04:06 PM
I like your guide, it is very .. you .. and I don't think I have seen a complete guide to draw outfits for pawns yet.

To prevent endorsing piracy you could remark that there is a Software called Gimp which is a OpenSource Tool similiar to Adobe's incredibly expensive and bloated software.

Also the importance of Rubber Chicken and the correct drawing of Ryan Reynolds butt.

finally *facepalm* .. a drawing tablett .. that's how you cheaters do it ..

Yay! I was hoping it wasn't too confusing. I added an update note in italics underneath the disclaimer for the how to obtain Photoshop section

Also I accidentally left some layers that didn't need to be there on the .psd file, hopefully nobody minds

Chicken Plucker

I have just updated the .psd file to include layer works for the Red Son Deathstroke coat I did.

Hopefully somebody found the guide and the .rar file useful at all, so I left a small base for coat making

Edit: To explain why I only have the HULK body base for armor and coats, this is because the Hulk is what I start with all the time, after this I add or remove details using the copied and pasted Hulk texture I have finished.

This is what I went through with the guide so hopefully that is all you will also need when it comes to making your own coat and armor.

Chicken Plucker

Updated the .psd again, this time with Power Armor line work for EVERY body type. Included some layer work from my recent DOOM mod, I thought having the body lines for the power armor bodies are important since its completely different from jacket and armor making.

I also included templates of power armor courtesy of Skullywag so you know where to place your power armor textures when you finish it. Happy hunting!

Chicken Plucker

Updated, I added most of the clothing assets from vanilla, courtesy of my friend Odstriman who provided them to me from an older version of Rimworld, this should make it a lot easier to modify things to Vanilla standards for everyone!

Removed some clutter from the 3.0 version of this file.

Chicken Plucker

Just a late update for 2018, I have uploaded my recently recovered new templates. Much more cleaner.

Cheers