[B18][Mod Updater] ModSync Ninja

Started by historic_os, July 16, 2017, 06:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

Quote from: Nightinggale on December 04, 2017, 11:02:34 PMSometimes a grumpy old man is what is needed....

Speaking as a grumpy old man, I whole-heartedly agree! ;)

EDIT:

And, now, users can keep track of all my updates on ModSync. Everything's set now to use it.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

historic_os

Quote from: dburgdorf on December 04, 2017, 11:04:53 PM
And, now, users can keep track of all my updates on ModSync. Everything's set now to use it.

Epic, thank you all for adding your mods!
synced mod list is growing, reminder: you can see all mods here!

frenchiveruti

Hey guys important question, is this mod compatible with "ModSwitch"?

MrWeeGee

Quote from: frenchiveruti on December 05, 2017, 09:14:56 AM

I'm currently using both and don't seem to have any issue.

frenchiveruti

Quote from: MrWeeGee on December 05, 2017, 09:18:17 AM
Quote from: frenchiveruti on December 05, 2017, 09:14:56 AM

I'm currently using both and don't seem to have any issue.
Thanks!
Also, as a suggestion for this list: http://www.modsync.ninja/mods
Add the modder name? I mean, maybe it will create some nepotism with your favourite mod makers but I like my mod makers.

Jetpack_Maniac

I've got an error when trying to use my mod with your system:

[ModSync Ninja LOG] ModSync Ninja has encountered an error with your request if this error repeats, feel free to submit the error below to the forums
Verse.Log:Message(String)
RimWorld_ModSyncNinja.MSLog:Log(String, Level, Boolean)
RimWorld_ModSyncNinja.<>c__DisplayClass2:<CreateRequestHttpRequest>b__1()

[ModSync Ninja LOG] Your request: W3siTUYiOiJSaW13b3JsZC1TaGllbGRzIiwiViI6IjEuMC41In1d

[ModSync Ninja LOG] Response Error: 103

I've no other mods loaded for the sake of that test.  I added my mod yesterday but I haven't been able to figure it out on my end, it doesn't look like I did anything wrong but I've never used ModSync before so I think I might have.

historic_os

Quote from: Jetpack_Maniac on December 05, 2017, 10:18:21 AM
I've got an error when trying to use my mod with your system:
Shields mod, right? ill have a look thanks

Quote from: frenchiveruti on December 05, 2017, 09:21:39 AM
Also, as a suggestion for this list: http://www.modsync.ninja/mods
Add the modder name? I mean, maybe it will create some nepotism with your favourite mod makers but I like my mod makers.
Will be added soon, we are currently working on a small control panel to let modders change their passwords, reset them, change mod link etc. on top of that we will add the option to be known by forum name or pick a custom name. currently we just don't store that info in the database yet so i can't display it.

Jetpack_Maniac

historic_os

The issue you had with the shields mod was due to your folder being called "Rimworld-Shields" while the record on the DB is set to "rimworld-shields". i'll push an update to ignore case in a few minutes and it should solve the issue.

tho, i noticed the download of your mods gives a folder called "FrontierDevelopments-Shields-b18-1.0.4" this needs to be the same name as the database name in order for the sync to work. could you set the release folder name to a consistent name?
i also didn't find the "ModSync.xml" in the about folder there but i assume you just haven't uploaded it yet.

It also seems that since the mod name is long it overflows to the next column on the client, Kiame is working on improving the UI in general, we will take this into account as well

historic_os

Update

Version 1.1.0.2:
- Mod folder names on both client and server are not case sensitive anymore

Necromenta

guys i have a problem, i dont know if is this mod but i think you can help me, the text in the game is weird...
there´s a screenshot, the weird text only appear in the mods menu and in-game objects

Kiame

Quote from: Necromenta on December 05, 2017, 01:33:23 PM
guys i have a problem, i dont know if is this mod but i think you can help me, the text in the game is weird...
there´s a screenshot, the weird text only appear in the mods menu and in-game objects

Looks like something's wrong with the translation files somewhere. If a new mod was added try removing it.

SpawnTD

I just hope more and more mods will use this.

Its a real hassle to check every single mod yourself on the forum.

XKeep up the work and lets hope other mod creators join this.

Kiame

Quote from: SpawnTD on December 05, 2017, 04:00:55 PM
I just hope more and more mods will use this.

Its a real hassle to check every single mod yourself on the forum.

XKeep up the work and lets hope other mod creators join this.

Thanks SpawnTD. If there are mods you'd like included please post a message on their thread. It's really up to everyone to have this work - authors to post their mods and users to ask authors to post. Link authors either to this thread or preferably to modsync.ninja

kaptain_kavern

Oh BTW guys,

If I can be of any help, I'd be happy to help. I'm a webdev amateur and I'm French (for any translation works).

Keep up the good work ;-)