[A17] Psychology Thoughts for A**Holes - Organ Harvest & More Patch

Started by wolfsilver00, July 16, 2017, 05:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfsilver00

Thoughts rebalanced for fun

Description:
Well, there was some mistakes (At least IMO) in the thought values, so I made a quick patch, modifying like 20 of them..

Mainly, I nerfed the damage on colonists for organ harvesting of prisoners.. (Normal colonist will not have trouble with it, bleeding heart colonists will. But it can be offset if they use it to heal someone)
At the same time I buffed it for colonists. Because you know, you like that people, so it's weird that you wouldn't care..
Inverted values on euthanasia and execute, because executing someone is worse.
Made some changes to other thoughts, because it was basically stupid that a picky eater would be as psychologically damage (in some cases, even more) eating raw meat than by losing a friend that he lives with. So basically nerfed all picky eater values (Even the bonuses, come on.. You can't forget your brother died just because you had a nice salad.. wtf.. Also picky eater doesn't mean they like more better food, it means they juts dislike bad food...)
Basically made all thoughts about a colonist having a bad time, worse af. And a prisoner or someone unrelated, negligible.

Also, modified the stacking of some thoughts.. Because if you butcher a human, it doesn't matter if you butcher 10 or 100... It's the concept that bothers you.. So now it stacks only to 3. (Besides, after a while you would get used to it.. it's a rimworld, not heaven)

And I think I mentioned all pertinent changes.. I may make more depending on what I find.. You can leave suggestions and such..

The goal is to make this more realistic, but still balanced and fun, some people may argue that by having your doctor harvest an organ from a prisoner, you would be sad.. Let me tell you, that's not the case, if a guilty person is used to potentially save an innocent one, you would have a positive bias about it (I won't turn it into a mood effect, because that would be OP af).. And it doesn't make any sense that the doctor gets the biggest debuff, he is a frigging doctor, we are trained to not give a fuck about the body, it only hurts if the patient (guilty or not) dies.. And not because of attachment, because of basically killing someone and respect for life.. That is still reflected in my changes.

Author? I guess?

wolfsilver00 (But of course this is only a patch, I'm just changing values so actually Linq)

Download

Google Drive link

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.
- Load it UNDER Psychology or other mod that modifies these values
- Go into mod options and in the Psychology tab, disable the empathy option (This just makes bleeding heart be more meaningful, but I nerfed both values so it is still relevant to have a bleeding heart dude.. Even more with the other nerfs and buffs)
- Enjoy

Changelog:

23/7  V1.3 Modified Picky values to reflect change of name I didn't see in Psychology, it's called Gourmet so.. Yeah..
Changes are simple:
Negative mood effects are nerfed to reflect severity, so it's not like a loved one got killed (That was in V1.0) and now, I modified the stacking, it last for 1 day and stacks to 1, meaning, you better make better food or have the permanent mood loss.
Bonus mood effects are also nerfed, only important one is Lavish meal (+6 with the 1:1 stacking), after that, he will consider a fine meal to.. Just be fine.. (+1) (Everyone makes fine meals, it's not hard, it already has better food:nutrition ratio than normal meals so.. No more fixing your life with a good value meal, if you want that +6, work for it.

19/7  V1.2 Fixed social interactions bug (kinda bug.. but nevertheless, fixed)

System.Linq

sidfu

Could not find a type named Psychology.ThoughtWorker_PrudeVsNudist

Could not find a type named Psychology.ThoughtWorker_BleedingHeartVsPsychopath

wolfsilver00

Quote from: sidfu on July 17, 2017, 09:17:07 PM
Could not find a type named Psychology.ThoughtWorker_PrudeVsNudist

Could not find a type named Psychology.ThoughtWorker_BleedingHeartVsPsychopath

Fixed :3

Soupy Delicious

I must say that your logic about the picky eaters is irrefutable.  Picky eaters are not coinesseurs, they just decide they don't like certain things because they're boring and soulless.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

System.Linq

Quote from: Soupy Delicious on July 19, 2017, 11:01:55 PM
I must say that your logic about the picky eaters is irrefutable.  Picky eaters are not coinesseurs, they just decide they don't like certain things because they're boring and soulless.

Good thing the trait isn't called Picky Eater! It's called Gourmet.

Soupy Delicious

Ooh yes. I've seen the gourmet trait in game before, it fit the character perfectly. Was going off what wolf said (haven't seen all of Psychology's content yet). A little thing, though, my now dead gourmet socialite never minded eating kibble more than anybody else. Perhaps that's because it's already a heavy debuff.  Just mentioning it in case!

wolfsilver00

Quote from: Linq on July 21, 2017, 09:39:21 PM
Quote from: Soupy Delicious on July 19, 2017, 11:01:55 PM

Good thing the trait isn't called Picky Eater! It's called Gourmet.

Well, I was talking about how it's referred in the defs :p Calling it picky eater :p For example the defName>AteLavishMealPickyEater</defName>..

And if it is a gourmet instead of a picky eater, then yeah, its ogical he would have a bonus for good food.. But even then I'll keep the changesl, the mood values were too much.. One of them was a -15. Like, lover dying level... Ouch

System.Linq

I changed the name months ago. Not much point changing the Defs, the player never sees them!

Soupy Delicious

I don't think you're taking into account the length of a mood rebuff when making comparisons between them.

If I stubbed my toe on the threshold my mood would be -20 for 5 seconds or so.  Now using your logic you'd go and say that it's a comparable debuff to that of both a lover dying and a friend dying.  Def not m8.

System.Linq

Also, when your lover dies you usually get an additional mood penalty for "Friend died" based on your relation with them, so the lover death mood penalty alone is not indicative of how much the penalty actually is during gameplay.

wolfsilver00

Quote from: Soupy Delicious on July 23, 2017, 09:16:55 PM
I don't think you're taking into account the length of a mood rebuff when making comparisons between them.

If I stubbed my toe on the threshold my mood would be -20 for 5 seconds or so.  Now using your logic you'd go and say that it's a comparable debuff to that of both a lover dying and a friend dying.  Def not m8.

Except that the mood was for like a day.. And it stacked.. So.. No. No gourmet in this world is gonna feel that destroyed about eating raw food. Unless he is a psycho or something like that.  If you really believe that a human should feel as bad by that for a day, than he would feel for losing a loved one, then don't use my mod :p

Also mood is not some kind of 5 seconds thing.. Its a perpetuated emotional state for an extended amount of time.. It can change from one moment to the other, if something drastic happens (Or if you have bipolarity disorder, it can change all the time) but if you hit your damn toe, your mood won't change, you will feel pain, and maybe that angers you, but anger is not the same as mood.

Soupy Delicious

I was nodding along until we reached the part about toe-stubbing again.

I will have this out with you if I need to.

wolfsilver00

Quote from: Linq on July 24, 2017, 02:39:21 AM
Also, when your lover dies you usually get an additional mood penalty for "Friend died" based on your relation with them, so the lover death mood penalty alone is not indicative of how much the penalty actually is during gameplay.

If I could/knew how to change that, I would.. The feeling of loss would last longer on family or lover than on a friend.. But if its a real friend, you will get your ass kicked by emotions.. And you can't measure that by eating something you don't like.. I've been a vegetarian for 14 fucking years, and I would eat meat for a year without feeling a little bit of remorse if that kept alive a friend.

You guys don't seem to understand the kind of trauma that losing someone causes, comparing it to eating something you don't like.. Even if the mood effect from lover and friend stack and make it double than eating that food.. Is just crazy. And unrealistic as fuck.