[B18] [WIP] Jurassic Rimworld

Started by Serpyderpy, July 16, 2017, 08:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serpyderpy

Update time!
Research, dinosaurs and feeders, oh my!

Pre-requisite Mesozoic Knowledge
Do your colonists know the difference between an ichnofossil and a true form fossil? Do they scratch their head at the sight of coprolite? This handy dandy research tool 65 million years in the making crunches all the knowledge and know-how your colonists could ever need to start a park of their own!
Caution: may be slightly outdated.
Feathers sold seperately.

Base cost - 800
Tech level - Industrial
Requires the High-tech research bench to initiate.
Pre-requisite to all other research branches included within the mod.
No more clutter! This and the following research topics can be found in their own 'Jurassic Rimworld' research tab!

Automated Feeders
Turn that hunting hassle into a breeze with these exclusive blueprints hot off the presses. Four different automated feeders will turn any dinosaur pen into a well-oiled machine, eliminating the need to produce food yourself!
Warning: not for human consumption.
Side effects may include food poisoning, mood debuffs and mental breaks.

Base cost - 1250
Tech level - Industrial
Unlocks and allows the placement of automated feeders.

Amber Extraction
With new revolutionary technology the amber extraction bench allows your colonists to extract millenia old dinosaur blood and tissue samples from insects and various other parasitic entities. These samples can then be used to extract different strands of unique DNA.
Base cost - 1500
Tech level - Industrial
Unlocks and allows the placement of the amber extraction bench, and subsequently the ability to extract DNA from amber.

DNA Reconstruction
After many years of research, the past is now the present. Using the incredibly complex and powerful algorithms present within the DNA reconstruction bench, a colonist can now produce fertilized dinosaurs eggs from strands of varying amounts of DNA.
Base cost - 1500
Tech level - Industrial
Unlocks and allows the placement of the DNA reconstruction bench, and subsequently the ability to turn DNA into fertilized eggs.

Piscivore Feeder
An automated feeding system designed to dispense sustenance for piscivores.
In tune with the new feeder change:
400 Metallic
50 Components
Research pre-requisite - Automated Feeders
(mostly for fluff and diversity, as piscivores are not actually in-game)

Butchered Fish
Large, gluttonous fish butchered bloody red and raw. Perfect for piscivores.
0.5 Nutrition
Colonists will not eat unless absolutely desperate
Gives major debuff

Butchered Fish Debuff
Sea water, salt and blood assaults my throat like hot, frothing acid. I ate the flesh of fish that have bathed in their own viscera.
-45 Mood
Expires in 24 hours
Meant to discourage cheesing the feeder

Insectivore Feeder
An automated feeding system designed to dispense sustenance for insectivores.
In tune with the new feeder change:
400 Metallic
50 Components
Research pre-requisite - Automated Feeders
(mostly for fluff and diversity, as insectivores are not actually in-game)

Gutloaded Bugs
Giant bugs and grubs reared to be morbidly large and full of nutrients and protein. An insectivore buffet.
0.5 Nutrition
Colonists will not eat unless absolutely desperate
Gives major debuff

Gutloaded Bugs Debuff
Viscious, sallow innards oozed from every pore and crack as I bit down on my 'meal'. I ate vile insects that writhed in my gut.
-45 Mood
Expires in 24 hours
Meant to discourage cheesing the feeder

Ellie, this one was always my favorite when I was a kid.

Triceratops horridus
One of the most famous ceratopsians, the herbivore that fights back.
Spawns in Tropical, Boreal and Temperate Forest biomes.

That's a Tyrannosaurus.
I don't think so. It sounds bigger.

Spinosaurus aegyptiacus
A hulking sailed mass of gut, muscle and terrifying ferocity.
Spawns in Tropical Rainforest and Arid Shrubland biomes.

We have a T-rex.

Tyrannosaurus rex
Hail to the king queen, baby.
Spawns in Tropical Rainforest and Boreal Forest biomes.

kaptain_kavern

SpaceDorf

Your graphics are amazing, the dino food really looks disgusting :)

the dinos are cute too :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

demeggy

Daaaw - looks beaut, can't wait to see it in action. I've not had a chance to hit up any more of the fence stuff, but I'll be on it over the next few days.

SpaceDorf

Have you looked at MiningCo's ( Rikiki ) Laser Fence ?
It could help.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Dragoon

This looks awesome I cant wait for the release :D
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

demeggy

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 01, 2017, 03:59:36 PM
Have you looked at MiningCo's ( Rikiki ) Laser Fence ?
It could help.

Cheers bud, I'll give it a look over!

Tgr

Can't help but think the feeders should be connected to some sort of central device with a hopper. At least for the meat, fish, grubs, it could work like aquaculture...

demeggy

If Rikiki permits it, I'd suggest using his laser fence in all honesty bud. It looks a lot more efficient than my wobbly piece of crap, and would only really need a couple of .png changes from yourself for the Fence pylons and the 'Wires'.

Serpyderpy

Quote from: TREH on August 03, 2017, 03:01:22 AM
Can't help but think the feeders should be connected to some sort of central device with a hopper. At least for the meat, fish, grubs, it could work like aquaculture...

Never thought about that, but I did want the feeders to eliminate any hassle. Not really sure what you'd put into the feeder to begin with, will have to think about it.

QuoteIf Rikiki permits it, I'd suggest using his laser fence in all honesty bud. It looks a lot more efficient than my wobbly piece of crap, and would only really need a couple of .png changes from yourself for the Fence pylons and the 'Wires'.

I will ask! I appreciate you trying to help, though, will definitely give you credit for the idea.

Pre-release is coming up soon, boys and girls, just need to finish the dinosaur art!

demeggy

Quote from: Serpyderpy on August 05, 2017, 06:21:05 PM
Quote from: TREH on August 03, 2017, 03:01:22 AM

Never thought about that, but I did want the feeders to eliminate any hassle. Not really sure what you'd put into the feeder to begin with, will have to think about it.

QuoteIf Rikiki permits it, I'd suggest using his laser fence in all honesty bud. It looks a lot more efficient than my wobbly piece of crap, and would only really need a couple of .png changes from yourself for the Fence pylons and the 'Wires'.

I will ask! I appreciate you trying to help, though, will definitely give you credit for the idea.

Pre-release is coming up soon, boys and girls, just need to finish the dinosaur art!

Np - if there's anything else I can do from a .dll POV, let me know! Can't wait for the pre-release

The-Eroks

This mod looks beautiful... I can't wait for the questing system to expand more and a procedural generated location based on these buildings is the base of that location.  :D

Serpyderpy

Quote from: The-Eroks on August 06, 2017, 07:27:00 PM
This mod looks beautiful... I can't wait for the questing system to expand more and a procedural generated location based on these buildings is the base of that location.  :D

Ahhh, thank youu!

QuoteAbout "electric fences" : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1103101448

Could someone do me a solid and get in contact with the guy and ask if it's alright if could integrate that mod with my own? I don't have Rimworld on steam either, so if someone could get me that mod also, I'd appreciate it.

kaptain_kavern