[1.1] (WIP) MedPod - Regenerative Medical Beds

Started by sumghai, June 14, 2020, 07:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sumghai

Quote from: Zaki on June 20, 2020, 05:02:45 AM
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1541064015
Sorry for not confirming the mod, but this one is in question.
So it was the Androids mod, then.

Quote from: Zaki on June 20, 2020, 05:02:45 AMHow to duplicate the test: apply any kind of modifier that are native to the no body part suffix of androids (Fighter module, construction module, Agile/Hulk/perfect physique, Archotech module upgrade, techprof upgrade etc), have them get any form of injury, the injury is healed first and they still stay in the pod until all the upgrades are gone too, making the upgraded android equal to an regular pawn at that point.
I took a look at all the Hediffs associated with the upgrade modules - none of them or the abstract classes they are based on have the <isBad> parameter specified. As such, RimWorld internally considers them to be <isBad>true</isBad> by default. So in theory, ChJees could fix this by to specifying <isBad>false</isBad> for the HediffDefs associated with the upgrades, and the MedPod will automatically ignore those Hediffs in its treatment plan.

However, taking a step back, aren't these androids artificial mechanical lifeforms? If so, I should blacklist Androids completely from using MedPods, as MedPods are only meant to treat organic lifeforms.

(I've already blacklisted all the Android Tiers androids, so that they will never use MedPods)

Canute

QuoteHowever, taking a step back, aren't these androids artificial mechanical lifeforms? If so, I should blacklist Androids completely from using MedPods, as MedPods are only meant to treat organic lifeforms.
Since you speak on this yourself, i wanted to comment that allready a few postings ahead.
Could you maybe check if that patient got blood or other liquide (Blood loose vs. Coolant loose) and only treat them when they got blood ?
I think i even saw alien races with different liquid then blood or coolant. So a race with total different metabolism couldn't be treat without further research.
Maybe a corpse analyser which consume an alien corpse and unlock the ability to treat that race by x percent.
That mean all races beside human would be at the colony blacklist and could be removed with the corpse analyser.
But that would even allow to treat androids, dang.

Codexehow

Love the concept of the mod, and the design is awesome. But I have to agree with the others (here and on Reddit) that:

• This thing should require some kind of consumable. You seem really against that for some reason, and that's cool. But...yeah. It should consume medicine or some biological raw materials.

• Power consumption is imo too low.

• The building requirements are too cheap for what this mod does. Needs more gold, plasteel and advanced components, imo.

I might modify this for my own use, but if I do I won't upload it. (of course). But I'd make it use a ton more power at the very least :P. Probably make it require a lot of meat and medicine as consumables if I can get that to work.

BTW, I love the delta wave induced coma. But that could pose a problem if someone is using this mod with Real Ruins and naked brutality. If they find this thing and run out of power... Can remove with dev console but still.

sumghai

Quote from: Codexehow on June 20, 2020, 03:06:12 PM• This thing should require some kind of consumable. You seem really against that for some reason, and that's cool. But...yeah. It should consume medicine or some biological raw materials.
I have no plans to add any item/raw material consumable requirement to the MedPod. Please do not make such a request again.

The "some reason" is because I am aiming to replicate what was seen in Elysium - the MedPod in the film did not require any consumables other than electrical power, and it could be argued that the machine was stimulating/guiding/directing the body's natural healing process to healing major injuries or restore missing parts, rather than the misconception of pure energy-to-mass transfer that some folks here seem to believe in.

Quote from: Codexehow on June 20, 2020, 03:06:12 PM• Power consumption is imo too low.
The latest revised idle/diagnosis/treatment power consumption level is 125/500/2000 W for the MedPod, and 125/750/3000 W for the MedPod Lux.

This is comparable to the Food Terminals from my Replimat mod, which uses 125/1500 W in idle/replicating modes.

Quote from: Codexehow on June 20, 2020, 03:06:12 PM• The building requirements are too cheap for what this mod does. Needs more gold, plasteel and advanced components, imo.
The research required behind the MedPod is locked at a high level in the tech tree, and constructing each MedPod requires a rare, uncraftable Isolinear Processor item.

I have already received far too many complaints for my Replimat mod that its buildings' constructions costs were far too high compared with the vanilla spaceship parts, and that the mod's own Isolinear Computing Module was far too rare and difficult to obtain.

Quote from: Codexehow on June 20, 2020, 03:06:12 PM...delta wave induced coma. But that could pose a problem if someone is using this mod with Real Ruins and naked brutality. If they find this thing and run out of power... Can remove with dev console but still.
This shouldn't be an issue.

I coded the MedPod so that if it runs out of power halfway during treatment, it will apply an "improper" cortical stimulation to wake the patient up.

sumghai

Dev Build Update:
- MedPods now ignore missing child parts of artificial body parts and implants (e.g. hands and fingers from prosthetic arms)
  - This prevents pawns from staying in MedPods longer than necessary

Zaki, I am currently undecided as to how I want to deal with the pawns from the Android mod you're using. I'm waiting for a response from ChJees himself, and while it has been confirmed that the droids are purely mechanical, I have received conflicting information regarding the fembot androids - some players regard them as purely mechanical with superficial organic features, while others regard them as mechanical/organic hybrid (i.e. cyborgs).

sumghai

Dev Build Update:
- Added compatibility patch for Androids mod
    - Droids and Battle Droids are blacklisted from using MedPods
    - Androids are allowed to use MedPods
- Fix missing inspector pane status translations
- Add translations for the following languages:
    - Traditional Chinese
    - Simplified Chinese

Zaki, in case you're still following these updates, I discussed with ChJees the issues relating to Androids mod compatibility. The consensus is that:
- Androids should be able to use the MedPods, as they have synthetic organs/flesh (a la Hosts from Westworld)
- ChJees admitted that the problem with the upgrade module hediffs is on his end; he will update his mod to correctly flag those hediffs with <isBad>false</isBad>, so that the MedPod will not accidentally remove them during treatment

sumghai

Dev Build Update:
- Patients now always lie on their backs when using MedPods
- Patients will prioritize using MedPods over other medical beds (e.g. pawns will seek out MedPods even if a vanilla hospital bed is closer)

By the looks of things, I think we're ready for prime time.

theMoonwalker87

Great mod, awesome work!

I've found a bug however. The pod is stuck in an endless cycle, while never healing if you put a guy in that was wounded in a social brawl. I haven't seen any other situations yet where it doesn't work but Ill post an update.

Canute

I don't think the reason will be a social brawl.
It is more you use a race/mod that add some special attack, so the medpod got problem with that kind of new damage typ.
You should try to include the hugslib logfile, press CTRL-F12 or use the green "Share log" button at the log window. The link include the modlist and log, which is prolly helpful for the mod author.

theMoonwalker87

I will do that next time I get that bug, thanks

theMoonwalker87

https://gist.github.com/d94a193d5589faff16f2b199a092d787

This is the CTRL-F12 link Canute suggested to post. This happened after a social brawl.

theMoonwalker87

Might be a coincidence but I keep seeing the bug on pawns with skin glands (tough/armor skin glands)

sumghai

theMoonwalker87 - thanks for the heads-up. That's a known issue for all Torso-based implants, which will be fixed in the next update along with the FPS lag issue.

General comment to no-one in particular - unlike most mod authors, please don't send me HugsLib logs, as they tend to be very long and contain a lot of cruft that does not help in narrowing down the issue. Instead, only copy the relevant error messages from the game's own debug log, describe the problem in as much detail as possible (including reproduction steps), and only perform troubleshooting in a stripped-down save game (i.e. only the bare minimum of mods required to reproduce the issue - don't send me a save that requires 300+ mods to run).