[1.1] Prison Labor

Started by Avius, July 16, 2017, 09:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruisuki

Kori

Thank you very much for the hotfix! :)

lordmidas

Possible Bug: When set to "Work and Recruit" my prisoners work properly but my colonists do NOT try to recruit them. But when set to "Chat and Recruit" my colonists try to recruit them properly.

Avius

Quote from: lordmidas on May 09, 2018, 10:22:54 AM
Possible Bug: When set to "Work and Recruit" my prisoners work properly but my colonists do NOT try to recruit them. But when set to "Chat and Recruit" my colonists try to recruit them properly.
Does Jailor work type is more prioritized than Warden work type? If it is colonist can simply prioritize more watching prisoners than talking to them.

lordmidas

Quote from: Avius on May 09, 2018, 10:53:52 AM
Does Jailor work type is more prioritized than Warden work type? If it is colonist can simply prioritize more watching prisoners than talking to them.

When set to "Work and Recruit" when I right click on the prisoner I do not see the "prioritize chatting to ____" option. When the same prisoner is set to "Chat and Recruit" that option is visible when right clicking - clicking on that option sends a colonist which says "trying to recruit ____". So it seems that when set to "Work and Recruit" the chatting and recruiting work tyep may be disabled for the prisoner? See the screenshots attached.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Avius

Right click is irrevelant. Its just how it is. Both jobs can be done on single pawn. Try disabling jailor and right click again. Also keep in mind it has cooldown.

Avius

Updated changelog for future patch. Just letting you know how progress is going ...
Work in progress
- added treatment drop when prisoner is being beaten
- fixed cutting some content of bill config in some languages
- cosmetic changes to bill checkbox
- prisoners will now give offer to join colony if treatment is good enough (random)
- prisoners will now stay at bed if waiting for surgery
- prisoners will now work in cold only if "work" time is set
- prisoners will now seek safe temperature when not supervised
- prisoners will respect forbidden items, if "inspired"
- "Treatment happiness" will decrease if health conditions are bad, when prisoners are hungry, or they're working.
- added new hidden need "Treatment" that indicates level of prison treatment towards prisoner (WIP)
- now work settings reset after prisoner is recruited, so it should fix some issues
- fixed blurred effect on settings window

EDIT: and some for today (today is a good day :P)
- fixed food reservation throwing errors
- added prisoner sucicides
- added +5 bonus to mood while prisoner have free time
- added +5 bonus to mood if prisoner is not supervised and got lazy
- added +15 bonus to mood if treatment is above 75%
- added blocking revolts (100%, 95%, 50%, 10%) if overall prisoner treatment is good enough
- increased base chance for Revolts
- added blocking mental breaks for prisoners with low treatment levels

Kori

That looks very good, I can't wait for the patch! :)

As another suggestion, what do you think of an optional setting to enable the joy bar for prisoners, allowing them to use joy objects we build for them?
I've already enabled the joy need for prisoners for some time now and never experienced any problems so far. All of my prisoners, including those who are forced to work, use joy objects in their free time which raises their happiness. It blends very well with the Prison Labor mechanics.

Avius

Quote from: Kori on May 10, 2018, 02:54:16 PM
That looks very good, I can't wait for the patch! :)

As another suggestion, what do you think of an optional setting to enable the joy bar for prisoners, allowing them to use joy objects we build for them?
I've already enabled the joy need for prisoners for some time now and never experienced any problems so far. All of my prisoners, including those who are forced to work, use joy objects in their free time which raises their happiness. It blends very well with the Prison Labor mechanics.
Good idea

koltonaugust

This mod feels like what everyone was trying to do with prison workers for a long time. I do have a bug/conflict though.
When using Rainbeaus Fertile Fields there seems to be a mod conflict with prison labor (at least i think its conflicting with that mod). Most marshy soil to soil conversions freeze the game from 1 to 5 seconds with an error in the console that says

Exception in Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PrisonLabor.PrisonLaborUtility.WorkTime (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PrisonLabor.JobGiver_Labor.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_SubtreesByTag:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob_Patch4(Object, ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:EndCurrentJob_Patch1(Object, JobCondition, Boolean)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

What's weird is that the console output shows issues with prison labor even though its not in prisons. It might not be a mod conflict though. I wish I could test it, but I don't think i will remember. Moreso just posting to report in case anyone else notices it too.

EDIT: Just realized this actually happens with ANY construction as long as a vampire (Jecrell's vampire mod) does it. It does not always give the error, but the pause is consistent.

Kori

The job refuel fuelable buildings (haul) doesn't work for prisoners.

I tested with only Prison Labor and Locks mod active, with and without Fluffy's Work Tab.
There is no error message, they just won't do it. Even when the building and fuel are in their own cell and refueling is their only duty.

It works without problems for colonists.

Avius

HOTFIX v 0.9.4
- disabled Warden and Jailor types of work for prisoner labor, it should fix bug, where jailors do not warden inside labor area

Jagerius

@Avius thanks for this awesome mod, this is one of my essentials and should be in the base game IMHO!

Can I suggest something? While I enjoy the motivation mechanic, I would also like to have different options than supervising the prisoners.

What I mean is that my prison got quite large and prisoners are getting lazy despite beign supervised. An options to lay down a beating to remind them this is not a spa or kill one for the fear effect would be nice :D

Sladki

"Clear snow" job in unreachable areas causes instant job cancellation (and "Standing" loop if a prisoner has no more jobs with higher priority).

Edit: prisoners construct roofs only.

Bulltank

Has anyone tried this mod on 1.0 unstable version? Is it working?