[1.1] Prison Labor

Started by Avius, July 16, 2017, 09:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malvir

No problem. Let me know if you need any help that doesn't involve coding ;)

the_Sac99s

Hi, I was wondering why is there no area selections given for my prisoners?
I tried to create a new area but it's just blank

[attachment deleted due to age]

swaggeringcuban

Hi guys, I'm using this in conjunction with the locks mod.  What I'm trying to do is have the prisoners roam most or all of my base within the perimeter wall and do all the labor inside the camp including cooking, so they have access to the freezer.
For some reason, they are completely ignoring food restrictions, I set it to paste only, butthey will freely take simple meals, and the jailers will also provide them with simple meals. 

I tried to restrict their access to the freezer, which unfortunately meant they could no longer help with the cooking.  When I did this they use the paste dispenser, but wardens still feed them simple meals sometimes, or if they find one laying around outside they will still take it.  Completely turning off wardening seems to help with this, but I still can't allow them access to the freeze.  Also I'm not sure what unexpected consequences turning off wardening might have, e.g. sick prisoners not being treated.

Any suggestions? 

Avius

Quote from: swaggeringcuban on June 23, 2019, 04:16:59 AM
Hi guys, I'm using this in conjunction with the locks mod.  What I'm trying to do is have the prisoners roam most or all of my base within the perimeter wall and do all the labor inside the camp including cooking, so they have access to the freezer.
For some reason, they are completely ignoring food restrictions, I set it to paste only, butthey will freely take simple meals, and the jailers will also provide them with simple meals. 

I tried to restrict their access to the freezer, which unfortunately meant they could no longer help with the cooking.  When I did this they use the paste dispenser, but wardens still feed them simple meals sometimes, or if they find one laying around outside they will still take it.  Completely turning off wardening seems to help with this, but I still can't allow them access to the freeze.  Also I'm not sure what unexpected consequences turning off wardening might have, e.g. sick prisoners not being treated.

Any suggestions?

confirmed bug, will be fixed in new version

swaggeringcuban

not a bug, but looking for some tips here.

I want the prisoners to work in fields, and not wander out of the compound, but if I completely close off the whole base with a perimeter wall, I can't use traps as effectively as when I allow 1 or 2 trapped entrances. 

is there any way to have both?  Prisoners not going out of the camp, but also having openings in the wall for traps?

Retry_02Hide

Hi, do prisoners able to train animals or harvest stuffs from them? I let them have access to my animal area, and also had the animal handler work tab set to highest priority, but they just walked in to clean up some trash and go do other low priority jobs. If I only give them animal handler job, they just started to wander like they have nothing to do.
I am using job splitter mod with prison labour, but this is the only problem I am having right now.

Ruisuki

hello so im also using the locks mod, only thing is i have a big prison compound with separate cells inside it. Except my colonists keep entering to eat and shower/use the facilities. is there any way to prevent them from doing so other than locking them out and having to have to readd them when i need to interact with the prisoners? The only alternative thats I can think of is to place a sleeping spot in the middle of the rec room that spans most of the facility, so its considered a prison room. Or to take away the door to the existing cells so the whole place is considered a prison. I have only the doors leading out of the prison locked, everything else is unlocked but as you know it doesnt stop the prison from not being considered a prison without a bed inside the room

Avius

Updated to 0.10.1

New version is not compatible with old saves (with Prison Labor)! Please remove old PL from saves (instruction in description), before updating!

Chicken Plucker

Kori

Welcome back and thank you for the update!  :)

GileIG

Maybe I'm wrong. After several parties with the mod, I got a feeling about the problems with the suicide event. It is as if it is generated from 2 sources - from the mod, and then it is connected with the state of prisoners and from the general base of events of the game, and then it happens absolutely randomly and may trigger at ideal treatment happiness.

Avius

Quote from: GileIG on October 29, 2019, 03:01:01 PM
Maybe I'm wrong. After several parties with the mod, I got a feeling about the problems with the suicide event. It is as if it is generated from 2 sources - from the mod, and then it is connected with the state of prisoners and from the general base of events of the game, and then it happens absolutely randomly and may trigger at ideal treatment happiness.
There were problems with suicide incidents (see changelog). Do you use latest version?

makute

@Avius, thank you so much for the latest update.

I've been using Prison Labor since B18, and the improvement in the prisioners behaviour is incredible now. They respond a lot better to motivation, and spend less time wandering and wasting my wardens time.

If I may make a suggestion: would it be possbile to add a second area, similar to "Expand Labor" in function but the opposite? Kind of an "Off-Limits" area for prisioners. Where they are not allowed, except maybe under certain conditions: mental breaks, low motivation, etc.

Thanks again for your time and keep up the good work :)

PS: I was thinking of another suggestion, one where prisioners that get hold of a weapon really use it against their captors, but I'm afraid of the consequences :D

Avius

Quote from: makute on October 30, 2019, 07:11:21 AM
@Avius, thank you so much for the latest update.

I've been using Prison Labor since B18, and the improvement in the prisioners behaviour is incredible now. They respond a lot better to motivation, and spend less time wandering and wasting my wardens time.

If I may make a suggestion: would it be possbile to add a second area, similar to "Expand Labor" in function but the opposite? Kind of an "Off-Limits" area for prisioners. Where they are not allowed, except maybe under certain conditions: mental breaks, low motivation, etc.

Thanks again for your time and keep up the good work :)

PS: I was thinking of another suggestion, one where prisioners that get hold of a weapon really use it against their captors, but I'm afraid of the consequences :D
Thank you.

About suggestion: this feature seems nice but I dont want to get you hyped. Ill keep that in mind and maybe in future.

And weapon things are already on my to-do.

GileIG

Quote from: Avius on October 29, 2019, 04:56:44 PM
There were problems with suicide incidents (see changelog). Do you use latest version?
I don't. Newly updated. And thanks for the mod and especially for the update!