[1.0] Death Rattle (2018-10-30)

Started by System.Linq, July 17, 2017, 02:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kubolek01

Self responding. I need to dig in it, maybe I can change a thing here and there... NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

mataschmata

This is a great mod that should've been base game IMO. Deserves a lot more attention than it gets.

I have a question though. I like to execute my guilty prisoners by removing their hearts or other vital organs such as the stomach or liver. I only get the justified execution mood drop on my colonists and I get an organ to sell.

Would this still work with this mod or would removing a vital organ not be considered "executing" them? And would them dying afterwards end up giving my colonists both the prisoner death debuff AND the organ harvested debuff?

Also... how hard does this make it to kill shit? I thought I saw someone mention it applies to animals too so I'm concerned about how much time it would take to hunt animals when you have to wait for them to die or shoot them with more bullets.

Oh and one more question now that I think of it. You mentioned permanent brain damage has a chance to happen, does the chance scale with how soon after you give them the transplant, like mech serums? Or is it the same chance no matter what?

Adamiks

Pawns incapable of moving can still move, but really slowly (the move speed is 0.00 but they can still move), is anyone else experiencing an issue like that? Might be just my other mods conflicting

Jdalt40

Hey Linq, I've taken the liberty to recompile your code so now it works on 1.0, surprisingly no changes needed other than referencing.

Feel free to steal it at https://github.com/Jdalt40/DeathRattle ;)

Jdalt40

Fixed latest release bug in which the pawn walks around headless

harperers

This mod is amazing, but unfortunately i dont know if Jdalts 1.0 patch works with .19

Venge

It works. Just downloaded it. No errors all good.

System.Linq

Ranged66

Bug:

When using healer mech serum, 'Clinical death/no pulse' gets healed instead of a destroyed heart. No pulse returns immediatly of course.

I recently set up cryopods near my frontlines, for situations like these. One of my colonists got shot through the heart (raiders to blame) and collapsed immediatly. One of my combat-incapable medics quickly stuffed him into cryptosleep to fix later. When after the battle I pulled him out and applied healer mech serum on the spot, it only healed the status effect, no pulse, instead of the destroyed heart. The status effect immediatly returned of course. I had to heal his heart through dev tools cause screw that, didn't use that serum for nothing.

I assume the same will happen to damaged necks causing oxygen loss.

System.Linq

Makes sense. A destroyed limb isn't really normally a severe condition, because in vanilla if something you need to live gets destroyed, you just die. I'll look into making the hediffs from this mod very low priority for healer mech serums, and hopefully that'll solve it.

e: I'll just make it so they can't be cured by the mech serum. Problem solved (sort of -- it'll still prioritize other missing limbs and permanent injuries over a destroyed heart).

gkolocsar

Hey guys,

How do you treat intestinal failure? Can't do anything to help this little guy.

System.Linq

Updated to 2018-9-9:
- Healer mech serums now properly work to save pawns with Death Rattle illnesses. Stock up!

alexdgreat

limitlessenergy

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1544906410

seems someone posted update but its only available on steam no github or dropbox

i will try to use the downloaded attachment and see if it still works on 1.0 but would be nice to have the one that works with Questionable Ethics

NankaDanka

Meanwhile, for those who want to shoot down safely, i recommend weapons that inflict burn damage... In the rimsenal there are some weapons with only burn damage that always down with no problem.

I hope this mod update soon. ;u;